• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

I heard somewhere that from the first games against their remaining opponents Leicester got 20 points while we got 10 from ours. Make of that what you will.
Yup... and in their reverse fixtures, both the Goons and Emirates Marketing Project got 19pts.

Fwiw, in the corresponding fixtures last season...

Leicester: 11pts
Spurs: 10pts
Arsenal: 25pts
ManC: 19pts

Last edited:
Yup... and in their reverse fixtures, both the Goons and Emirates Marketing Project got 19pts.

Fwiw, in the corresponding fixtures last season...

Leicester: 11pts
Spurs: 10pts
Arsenal: 25pts
ManC: 19pts

This has always been my concern regarding the April fixtures since they were announced and why I thought we needed at least an 8pts banker and whatever target we had set to achieve. In my case to finish in the Top4.
3 of the 5 matches we historically do not do very well in
Liverpool and Chelsea away we get the odd draw here and there with just that solitary one win in Anfield in recent times.
For some reason we just seem unable to beat United at home, if we dont this season I doubt we ever will again!
Up until last season I would have been confident of getting a win at Stoke, but that 3-0 last season was awful and this season they are a better side, hopefully they are in the beach come 18th April
Finally, WBA at home, should be our best chance of 3pts...but we all thought last season too.

Its going to be a tough month, think we may be looking at something like DDDWL 6pts. Providing we can get a win tomorrow, that sequence would see us probably secure CL football with a win v Southampton, anything below goes to the last day, anything above the bar moves higher

I don't understand the comparisons with last seasons results thing, if all the results from last were same as this Chelsea would be top and Leicester bottom. That's how reliable that is.

Good point, its just another case of a stat that means very little. ;)

Big day today. Hate relying on others for favours but would absolutely love Everton, Chelsea and Palace to do us a big favour today.
Of course all 3 will lose now

Regarding the reverse of Aprils fixtures there are a few things

At the time Kane couldn't buy a goal and we were playing everything through him

We also made a lot of silly mistakes in those games which we appear to have eradicated by change sit the team/set up (bentelabs pass vs United, Toby's rash tackle for the pen vs Stoke)

And when you look at those games in isolation

liverpoo - was Klopps first game and they covered more distance than the opposition for the first time in a long time. There a threat due to the unknown with them, but were a better side and they also have Europe to consider

United - certainly the worst unite side in a long time and our game there showed that. No shots on target for them until the late 70th minute and we were pretty much the better side form start to finish. People at the time commented though that with their signings they would be competing for the league... How that tide has turned

Stoke - that was a great performance form us to batter them all game until we gave away a stupid penalty and then basically back pedalled for 10 minutes. Stoke hardly got the ball that game and although they have got better there still inconsistent of late. There defence has also got worse (a few months ago they weren't conceding)

None of them are easy games but the reasons we dropped points in all of them are things we have fixed or won't happen again (new manager)

It's now up to the team to do it on the pitch

I don't understand the comparisons with last seasons results thing, if all the results from last were same as this Chelsea would be top and Leicester bottom. That's how reliable that is.

The Goons are currently +2pts on the equivalent fixtures from last season, which puts them on course to finish on around 75 points. That is about Wenger' average over the past 6 seasons (75, 79, 73, 70, 68, 75).

We're currently +4pts on last season's equivalent fixtures, which puts us on course for around the 70 point mark. That would be right up there with the high points of Redknapp and AVB' tenures.

Although, as you pointed out with those 2 examples, past performance doesn't guarantee future returns!

So fingers crossed that Pochettino will lead Spurs to our first 3pts over ManU at WHL since Willem Korsten scored that brace back on the last day of 00/01 and our first victory at Stamford Bridge since Howells and Lineker got us that 2-1 win back in 1990...

The Goons are currently +2pts on the equivalent fixtures from last season, which puts them on course to finish on around 75 points. That is about Wenger' average over the past 6 seasons (75, 79, 73, 70, 68, 75).

We're currently +4pts on last season's equivalent fixtures, which puts us on course for around the 70 point mark. That would be right up there with the high points of Redknapp and AVB' tenures.

Although, as you pointed out with those 2 examples, past performance doesn't guarantee future returns!

So fingers crossed that Pochettino will lead Spurs to our first 3pts over ManU at WHL since Willem Korsten scored that brace back on the last day of 00/01 and our first victory at Stamford Bridge since Howells and Lineker got us that 2-1 win back in 1990...

But what your saying contradicts what @glasgowspur is implying I think

His argument (sensible IMO) is that you can't use last seasons results as a measure for anything other than highlighting how unpredictable the league is

We're +4 up on points you say but were also 21 goals better off GD wise ... +4 isn't a lot but the GD improvement is absokutely massive and actually highlights real significant improvement

Likewise Chelsea's numbers will look awful hence why they are where they are yet they haven't changed the team much at all

It's impossible to predict the results and performances in this league which is why it's the most popular league in the world. It's bloody entertaining and you don't know what you will get and using last seasons results although gives you a measure doesn't reflect on this seasons performances

But what your saying contradicts what @glasgowspur is implying I think

His argument (sensible IMO) is that you can't use last seasons results as a measure for anything other than highlighting how unpredictable the league is

We're +4 up on points you say but were also 21 goals better off GD wise ... +4 isn't a lot but the GD improvement is absokutely massive and actually highlights real significant improvement

Likewise Chelsea's numbers will look awful hence why they are where they are yet they haven't changed the team much at all

It's impossible to predict the results and performances in this league which is why it's the most popular league in the world. It's bloody entertaining and you don't know what you will get and using last seasons results although gives you a measure doesn't reflect on this seasons performances
It's true that this is a particularly topsy-turvy season in what is already an unpredictable league and I wouldn't put a load of money on any individual result just based upon what happened last season.

However, despite the plethora of managerial changes, our record at Stamford Bridge has been atrocious for decades plus ManU remain a bogey side at WHL even with Moyes or LvG at their helm.

And whilst our GD is much better than Pochettino' first season, it is only just ahead of the +26 we finished 09/10 with on our way to a total of 70pts or the +25 on our way to 69pts in 11/12.

That sort of tally will be probably be enough for at least a top 3 finish this season though... And hopefully Pochettino can lead us to a new record points haul...

We are in the weird bit of the season now where anyone from 7-16th doesn't really have anything to play for so should be beaten.

Looking at the fixtures, we probably play more teams with something to play for.
Everton look like they are rolling over today - expect to see more of the same

We are in the weird bit of the season now where anyone from 7-16th doesn't really have anything to play for so should be beaten.

Looking at the fixtures, we probably play more teams with something to play for.
Everton look like they are rolling over today - expect to see more of the same

I thought we mainly played people in those positions too

I think the difference is peopel want to beat the team that may win the league

How come no-one has looked like they'd want to beat Leicester?

I think they have

Norwich had a go and are brick

West brom got points

Watford were the better side

Saudi Sportswashing Machine who have been atrocious played the best since the second half vs us

Now please, please, please, please Crystal Palace!!! Please turn up and take 3 points!! Pretty pretty please, with sugar on top, smash those fudging clams!!

Having been at Leicester on Monday night for Rafa's first game I now want you to win the title. fudging small time happy clappers and they had a fudging drum. fudge off.

Back