• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

It absolutely has to be in our hands by the final day - if we take it that far (which in itself would be remarkable)

It's a double-edged sword, because if it was in our hands on the last day, knowing a win at Saudi Sportswashing Machine would guarantee the title no matter what happened at Chelsea, I think we all know what will happen

I am clinging to the hope that the realisation they can become champions to starts to weigh heavy, and the fact we are the chasers and not the chased could take a little pressure.
If we were to actually to do it. I would prefer us to hit the front on the last day. Sadly, as the media are already beginning to realise, if we have to rely on Chelsea beating them on the last day, it is not going to happen.
The notion that because we are the chasers there's less pressure on us is a bit suspect, in my view. I'd rather be ahead by 5 points than chasing 5 points. It's a point margin that allows you to pay more relaxed, since you know that, even if you lose, you'll be top. Whereas, if you're chasing, every game becomes a must win.

It's a double-edged sword, because if it was in our hands on the last day, knowing a win at Saudi Sportswashing Machine would guarantee the title no matter what happened at Chelsea, I think we all know what will happen
To be honest, if you offered me that scenario now as a given I would gladly take it. To beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine to clinch a league title is about as good as we can hope for really.

If it goes down to the last day. I will be over the moon we took it that far, but believe me Leicester will be get the desired result at Stamford Bridge to win the title, Chelsea will make sure of that
You mean they'll let Leicester beat them 9-0 to pip us on GD? :p

It's weird, I think Stoke away is probably the trickiest of our remaining fixtures. For some reason we always find it bloody hard work at the Britannia.

I think we'll be up for it against Liverpool at Anfield (a draw would be a good result) and really, we should be beating United at home.

The more I look at the fixtures the more I think it could come down to a last day decider (typical Spurs :oops:) however we should be comfortable with that scenario give our opponents. I think Leicester have a reasonably high chance of dropping points against Southampton, United, West Ham, Everton and Chelsea.. They will however likely smash Palace, Sunderland and Swansea.

We just need to drop less points! It's in our control. We can do this.
I think Sunderland will be a more difficult game for them than you think.

Yeah, a poorly researched misconception on my part. It just always feels like a rough place to go, a place where points can be easily dropped...
Against this Stoke team I think it will be more difficult. They're playing well and have quality players, more so than past years.

You mean they'll let Leicester beat them 9-0 to pip us on GD? :p
Lets hope that the Chelski mob need a win for them to have a chance to get into 4th spot above the Scum, now that would be a nice scenario! Assuming we are top then of course lol! Still a lot to happen before then me thinks..

CdrgKhvXEAATbhc.jpg

Love that stat. Someone sneak it into the Leicester dressing room and plaster it all over the walls.

I think more than anything that would backfire.

Raneri might not have won a title but that's all the more reason for him to do it before he retires and stats and records exist to be broken.

I don't consider Arsenal out of it yet, either, whatever anybody says. They're always geared up to finish strongly, and until it's arithmetically impossible for them to overtake us, I won't be counting any chickens. City, maybe, having lost Kompany again by the looks of things.

I don't consider Arsenal out of it yet, either, whatever anybody says. They're always geared up to finish strongly, and until it's arithmetically impossible for them to overtake us, I won't be counting any chickens. City, maybe, having lost Kompany again by the looks of things.

Agree, I read a lot of reports saying their season is over if they lose tonight. Definitely wont be over for them in my eyes

Early kickoff away to an in-form Everton. It just smacks of a bounceback.

Think they have a decent record there too, and I dont trust Everton to do us a favour in the league. Remember going there in the 11/12 season. They defended like trojans against us, we threw the kitchen sink at them and lost 1-0. The following weekend the played Arsenal at home and played like 'tacos' and lost 1-0

Think they have a decent record there too, and I dont trust Everton to do us a favour in the league. Remember going there in the 11/12 season. They defended like trojans against us, we threw the kitchen sink at them and lost 1-0. The following weekend the played Arsenal at home and played like 'tacos' and lost 1-0

Everton can't defend either. They could quite easily score 3 and still lose.

I for one am still not writing off the goons to finish above us. Those feckers always go on a run of winning 8 games on the trot immediately after they play us almost like its a catalyst for them getting their season back on track.

We don't seem able to nick 1-0 wins when we are not playing well. Leicester on the other hand have developed this knack which puts them in the driving seat. I think the goons are unlikely to overturn an 11 point lead so at the moment it is only us who are really challenging Leicester, anything other than a win on Sat especially if Leicester beat crystal palace and I think it is unlikely we will overturn them.

Back