• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sergio Reguilón

Yeah, I think Reggie's actually quite a good LWB -- supports the attack, can whip in a decent cross. All he lacks is a decent shot, unfortunately.
I like Reggie and he looks great with his high energy up and down the wing type of game but LWB is one of the prominent attacking roles in a 3-5-2. He doesn’t get many assists and certainly not many goals, so he either needs to add that to his game pretty quickly or it can be argued we could get a more effective LWB….

He is not great going forward and is not exactly a great defender, if he does go i think he can be easily replaced.
He's actually a very good defender. You've forgotten how good he was under Jose. One on one no one really got past him, lots of clearances and interceptions. Time passing has made people forget how good he actually which is something I've noticed happens a lot here.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Reggie and Doherty were ineffective again today, loads of effort and running and fight but they are weak links.

We have some elite players* who receive the ball perfectly with the right body shape, have already looked left and right and worked out what to do, they turn in complete balance and lay the ball perfectly into the path of someone else so they don't have to break stride as they run onto the ball.

Reggie and Doherty are the opposite; they fight, run, hack, try, do their best, pass towards a player's general direction but often at waist height or behind them or where they are immediately going to get challenged. They are not awful but are way behind these Rolls Royce players.

*e.g. Kane, Bentancur, Deki, Romero and then a big gap to Son Hojbjerg Dier Davies and then a Grand Canyon to Reggie and Doc. They try, but they are not elite.

Son’s not consistent enough to be an Elite player, he has a red hot patch and the rest is tinkle poor.

And kane doesn't have dips?

For most elite players they are surrounded by other elite players so when they have a dip someone else picks up the slack. We are so reliant on kane and son for goals any dip we immediately notice.

And kane doesn't have dips?

For most elite players they are surrounded by other elite players so when they have a dip someone else picks up the slack. We are so reliant on kane and son for goals any dip we immediately notice.
There are dips then there is how Son plays for 70% of every season. This is why there has never been any worry of him leaving, he is not seen as an Elite player. He doesn’t take on his man regularly enough and turns back on himself 9/10 and passes backwards. Atleast with Kane when he is not scoring he is creating and he goes on a blip for a month, Son has been bang average all season.

There are dips then there is how Son plays for 70% of every season. This is why there has never been any worry of him leaving, he is not seen as an Elite player. He doesn’t take on his man regularly enough and turns back on himself 9/10 and passes backwards. Atleast with Kane when he is not scoring he is creating and he goes on a blip for a month, Son has been bang average all season.

Son has the same amount of assists as kane this season playing fewer games. Only salah has scored more in the league than him.

Reggie and Doherty were ineffective again today, loads of effort and running and fight but they are weak links.

We have some elite players* who receive the ball perfectly with the right body shape, have already looked left and right and worked out what to do, they turn in complete balance and lay the ball perfectly into the path of someone else so they don't have to break stride as they run onto the ball.

Reggie and Doherty are the opposite; they fight, run, hack, try, do their best, pass towards a player's general direction but often at waist height or behind them or where they are immediately going to get challenged. They are not awful but are way behind these Rolls Royce players.

*e.g. Kane, Bentancur, Deki, Romero and then a big gap to Son Hojbjerg Dier Davies and then a Grand Canyon to Reggie and Doc. They try, but they are not elite.
I can’t believe you’ve just lumped son in with Davies. That is crazy talk

Anyway back to reguillon. It's a hard one. He's a good player needs to be more clinical though. Maybe he could get some confidence and be outstanding. 9 games to show it.

Anyway back to reguillon. It's a hard one. He's a good player needs to be more clinical though. Maybe he could get some confidence and be outstanding. 9 games to show it.

Agreed. And with Sess and Reggie, I think we're fine at LWB for the summer window. Many, many higher priorities to be upgraded - CM, LCB, RWB, back-up CF, back-up GK etc

Agreed. And with Sess and Reggie, I think we're fine at LWB for the summer window. Many, many higher priorities to be upgraded - CM, LCB, RWB, back-up CF, back-up GK etc

There are rumours that madrid might trigger his release clause though.

Last edited:
Reguillon is a bit of a knobhead, what's he thinking with that dive? Focus on your first touch and put Gareth Bale at the San Siro on repeat to finish all those chances Kane puts on a platter for you.

Back