• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sergio Reguilón

Sergio has his good points e.g. he’s fast and has a good engine, but his shooting is weak and he gets outmuscled a bit too easily. So I think his position is upgradable. Sessegnon if he gets past the injuries and kicks on. Any other possibilities? Extensive research (30 seconds on google) has thrown up the names Raphael Guerreiro (Dortmund) and Theo Hernandez (Milan) plus some bloke called Alphonso Davies who sounds like a solicitor.

Hickey at Bologna would be my choice.

Selling Reg and relying on sess - horrendous injury record, and an as yet unknown replacement worries me. I would prefer to see the right side upgraded first

It wouldn't be a top priority for sure. But makes sense to look at options, particularly if a big incoming transfer fee for Reguilon is on the table.

If someone is sniffing around at or near the 40m buy back figure and between Paratici & Conte they have identified a LWB that would better suit the set up, who is available at a good price then it's not really a matter of priorities - it's just a deal that would make sense

I doubt anyone would want to sell him and replace with someone worse.
Nobody wants to, it just happens. Its been 5 years from Walker, look at the state of our RWB. I am not saying Reggie is the same as Walker, I am just giving an example of us not being able to get a decent replacement in 5 years on a similar position. We have plenty to do elsewhere on the pitch.

Nobody wants to, it just happens. Its been 5 years from Walker, look at the state of our RWB. I am not saying Reggie is the same as Walker, I am just giving an example of us not being able to get a decent replacement in 5 years on a similar position. We have plenty to do elsewhere on the pitch.
We've fixed that I think. Look at Bentancur and Kulusevski. Time to trust Paratici.

We have gotten decent replacements. We already had a decent replacement in Trippier at the time. The problem was that Walker was (imo) world class or very close to it. And we didn't get anyone even near that.

That's rather different to potentially trying to replace a good, perhaps even very good, player with someone better suited to our system and needs. That can backfire too, no doubt. But it may be a gamble worth taking.

There are other areas where we're in more need of upgrades, but any improvement counts.

I still think Reguilon has it in him to step up another level, but would like to see some progress in key areas sooner rather than later. Would be open for a change if that happens.

Two were brought for the future and one was brought as a right back which was needed. Of course we have now changed coaches and systems which doesn’t help his cause
Of course both young guys could turn out fine, but it doesnt look like that now, does it? The guy în France is a sub at the bottom club, or near bottom. Most likely money thrown down the drain. Gil is to skinny for PL right now, maybe that will change, but look at Kulu, they're almost the same age. I would have sent Gil on loan to a PL team, not în Spain. I would have sent him in Spain only if I wanted to sell him. As for Royal, he cant long pass, cross, shoot or dribble. Only way thats not bothering me is if he was a GK, even there its nice to have the long pass. Doherty is no prize either and Royal should play more, but that doesnt comfort me as a fan. We need a RWB în the summer, one that will end this problem.

Of course both young guys could turn out fine, but it doesnt look like that now, does it? The guy în France is a sub at the bottom club, or near bottom. Most likely money thrown down the drain. Gil is to skinny for PL right now, maybe that will change, but look at Kulu, they're almost the same age. I would have sent Gil on loan to a PL team, not în Spain. I would have sent him in Spain only if I wanted to sell him. As for Royal, he cant long pass, cross, shoot or dribble. Only way thats not bothering me is if he was a GK, even there its nice to have the long pass. Doherty is no prize either and Royal should play more, but that doesnt comfort me as a fan. We need a RWB în the summer, one that will end this problem.
Royal isn’t a RWB. He is a good (IMO) RB
I prefer not to over react with young players and give them time
Your right about Kulu but was it you who also said we don’t want him and only brought him because we couldn’t get Diaz? It may have been RigorMortis and if so I apologise but you both posted a lot at the time around transfers.
There were a lot of comments also that we were buying Juve rejects and funding Vlahovic.
But what kulu has shown (and it’s possible Sarr and Gil may too) that at the right club, with the right coach and set up players can thrive and of course the reverse is true too. I agree I would have loved Gil to go to a prem team. It just made more sense but what we don’t know is if any wanted him

Back