• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sergio Reguilón

Son has the same amount of assists as kane this season playing fewer games. Only salah has scored more in the league than him.
Just because he has more assists doesn’t mean he is more creative, this is a prime example of using a single stat to try and prove your argument correct.

Just because he has more assists doesn’t mean he is more creative, this is a prime example of using a single stat to try and prove your argument correct.

I never said he was more creative. I am just showing a stat that proves he is creative.

There are rumours that madrid might trigger his release clause though.

If they do, then fair enough. I wouldnt actively look to change our LWB options, but if Madrid pay the release clause we can probably get someone at least of the same level for the same money. I'd prefer to not sell him though

If they do, then fair enough. I wouldnt actively look to change our LWB options, but if Madrid pay the release clause we can probably get someone at least of the same level for the same money. I'd prefer to not sell him though
Dwight McNeil would be less money, homegrown and is a better more versatile player

Last edited:
I do like him, his biggest problem ( imo) is that he is always trying to do things at 100 mile a hour. He needs to slow down and stop rushing things. If he could do that he will be a better player.

Definitely. Would have liked to see some more progress in that regard by now. Not giving up on that happening. If it doesn't he won't be as irreplaceable as it once looked he may become.

Can see why he's at Tottenham and not Madrid. Love the guy but Conte's system needs Wing Backs to finish their dinner. He can't.

He should be on near 10 goals this season with the chances he's had. Yes he gets into the box at the right time, brilliantly I must add, but if it doesn't add to a goal then it doesn't help.
Funny you should say this but I had a feeling he should’ve had a lot more goals than the two he currently has too. Interestingly, his xG currently stands at 2.92 in the league so that suggests he should only have about one more goal than he currently does.

It does feel like he misses lots of good opportunities though. Maybe the key to Conte’s system is to get his WBs to over-perform their xG?

Funny you should say this but I had a feeling he should’ve had a lot more goals than the two he currently has too. Interestingly, his xG currently stands at 2.92 in the league so that suggests he should only have about one more goal than he currently does.

It does feel like he misses lots of good opportunities though. Maybe the key to Conte’s system is to get his WBs to over-perform their xG?

Many of the chances he has had are quite difficult due to the acute angles they come from. If he were an elite finisher and not a LB then he would probably have 3 or 4 more goals than he currently does but the actual angle of the chances means they are quite a difficult to finish.

I have been critical of him since pre-season when others backed him. Now I'd just point to the fact Regulion is getting into superb positions. That is step one. The next is for him to feel at home attacking. Develop the cool and precision required in attack. He can definitely do better. If he can be more controlled and clinical then he will be an asset next season (after a pre-season). One thing is for sure - we need him doing well in this run-in. And there are signs of him looking more comfortable, getting into the right areas.

Last edited:
Sergio has his good points e.g. he’s fast and has a good engine, but his shooting is weak and he gets outmuscled a bit too easily. So I think his position is upgradable. Sessegnon if he gets past the injuries and kicks on. Any other possibilities? Extensive research (30 seconds on google) has thrown up the names Raphael Guerreiro (Dortmund) and Theo Hernandez (Milan) plus some bloke called Alphonso Davies who sounds like a solicitor.

The wing back position is made exactly for a hard working winger or a hard working forward. Its no coincidence that Moses and Young looked so good there, both knew where the goal was in their younger days and get plenty of space to exploit even when older and not as light on their feet.

I like Reggie a lot. People complaining he does things fast and cant finish. We are a counter attack team, fast is perfect, some errors are expected. As for his finishing, the important thing is that he gets himself în those positions, due to his speed, stamina and anticipation. Finishing is a skill, one that can be trained, there are no LWBs that finish like a striker în the world. Reguilon is a great asset to the team imo and we have plenty of other positions to be addressed before this. Like LCB, RWB, CM and reserve ST and GK.

I like Reggie a lot. People complaining he does things fast and cant finish. We are a counter attack team, fast is perfect, some errors are expected. As for his finishing, the important thing is that he gets himself în those positions, due to his speed, stamina and anticipation. Finishing is a skill, one that can be trained, there are no LWBs that finish like a striker în the world. Reguilon is a great asset to the team imo and we have plenty of other positions to be addressed before this. Like LCB, RWB, CM and reserve ST and GK.

So if someone offered £40m for him you wouldn't take it?

Back