• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

hmph, i'll have you know that the 3rd best left back is actually in contention to play....mwuaahahahahah

i totally forgot smith was gone

There's no way he can start already, he wasnt even in that XI game Parker played in.
I think under Redknapp we got a too used to injured players being rushed back early and throwing them straight in there because he didnt trust his squad.

Parker said: "I didn't think I would be out for as long as I was to be honest, but I always thought I would get back to where I need to be and it's just about hard work now.

"My Achilles is fine. I just need to put in some game time and get some good training under my belt to get match fit."

Meanwhile, Parker feels Aaron Lennon is playing the football of his career, after inspiring Spurs to a 3-1 victory.

"I think that's a fair comment. Over the last four or five weeks he has been unplayable really," Parker added.

"He was at a different level, not just his raw pace and his threat on and around the ball but his work rate was something very special.

"I couldn't think of anything worse if I was a full-back as him running at me. I'm sure every full-back out there has the same feeling really, he deserves a special mention - he has been brilliant."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8377334/Tottenham-midfielder-Scott-Parker-is-relishing-the-prospect-of-getting-back-into-the-team-again

Can give us a good push towards the CL - I always felt he would be going in the summer of 2013 but I think if he is refreshed and looks able to go on a bit longer then maybe he would be good to have on board for 2013-14

André Villas-Boas has revealed that he tried to lure Scott Parker back to Chelsea during his time in charge at Stamford Bridge.

Villas-Boas was sacked by the Blues in March after a disastrous reign in west London, before taking over from Harry Redknapp at Tottenham in the summer.

And the Portuguese coach has spoken of his admiration for the 32-year-old midfielder, who played 65 minutes for Spurs against QPR on Saturday as he continues his rehabilitation from an Achilles injury.

“I spoke with Scotty to come back to Chelsea last season,” Villas-Boas told the Independent.

“He’s an important player, an England international and a great professional and somebody of great ability.

“He can always give you an extra edge on the pitch with his leadership. He’s back to full fitness and a player we trust a lot. It’s important to have people like him around us.”

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2013/01/andre-villas-boas-tottenham-scott-parker-chelsea/?

Midfield star Parker is back in the Tottenham side following six months out with an Achilles injury.

The former West Ham ace dazzled at White Hart Lane last term and captained England against Holland in February.

Parker starred in his first Premier League start of the year against Manchester United on Sunday.

And he said: “On a personal level I feel fine, really good.

“I’ve had a few games now and I’m raring to go and get right back into it.

“I was out for five months but I was in the gym every day for the best part of four months of that time, doing conditioning and strength work.

“In a weird way I think my body needed that rest because I’ve played a lot of football for many years now and that was probably the longest I’ve been out for as long as I can remember.

“I think the break has really done me good and I feel fit and sharp. I touch wood when I say it, because football can come around and bite you on the backside, but I feel really good.

“Now I’m looking to establish myself back in the team and push on from there.

“We need to stay as strong as we can and try to maintain what we’ve done in the first half of the season. We got some great results over the Christmas period and we need to maintain it.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4759199/Scott-Parker-vows-to-be-better-than-ever.html

Not a good performance from him today.

I realize he's been out for a long time and will need time to get back to match fitness. What worries me is that it seems that he's lost a(nother) yard of pace, he wasn't the quickest before, but he seems to struggle much more to get into tackling situations to actually win the ball than he did last season. Keeps running in between players and losing out on balls that I feel he would have won last year.

Hopefully he'll bounce back, we really need him to with Sandro out for the season.

was a very freund like performance from him tonight, wonder if his coaching is what is making him go backwards, i never rated freund as a player either. What with sherwood coaching jenas is a shame we have to have ex pros at the club and cant get coaches from outside, might actually improve players then.

was a very freund like performance from him tonight, wonder if his coaching is what is making him go backwards, i never rated freund as a player either. What with sherwood coaching jenas is a shame we have to have ex pros at the club and cant get coaches from outside, might actually improve players then.

Really?

Those kinds of theories always seem like flimflam to me. It's not like a coach is limited to what he could do himself as a player and it's not like every coach will be directly involved in all aspects of training all the players. Surely we have someone else around to coach first touch and passing and Freund isn't doing everything himself.

Freund was involved with player development in Germany for the youth sides. In that regard he was a man from the outside, but with connections to the club. Having seen Holtby today and young German players in general I must say that if Freund influences players to play like him by being around them then the rest of the coaching setup for the German youth setup and at German clubs must be fudging amazing.

Really?

Those kinds of theories always seem like flimflam to me. It's not like a coach is limited to what he could do himself as a player and it's not like every coach will be directly involved in all aspects of training all the players. Surely we have someone else around to coach first touch and passing and Freund isn't doing everything himself.

Freund was involved with player development in Germany for the youth sides. In that regard he was a man from the outside, but with connections to the club. Having seen Holtby today and young German players in general I must say that if Freund influences players to play like him by being around them then the rest of the coaching setup for the German youth setup and at German clubs must be fudging amazing.

i get what your saying and of course some of the best coaches were crap players but i can not help think some of our players have gone back, some were not great to start with.

Was not a fan of les ferdinand and hated having him as a coach, tim sherwood seems highly rated by a lot as does freund so i will give them time, but tonight parkers performance reminded me of freund, i was actually a bit of a fan of freund but i feel we have moved on from this type of player.

Maybe it shows how far we have come as a club that we expect our ball winner to be able to play a bit as well. Players like freund and parker can not survive at a club going for top 4.

With regards freund i have a lot of time for the german youth system and if he can bring some of that and some of their players to the club im all for it. Love germany as well, i visit for a day each summer on the way to my summer holiday and except for Berlin i can honestly say it is a beautiful lovely country.

i get what your saying and of course some of the best coaches were crap players but i can not help think some of our players have gone back, some were not great to start with.

Was not a fan of les ferdinand and hated having him as a coach, tim sherwood seems highly rated by a lot as does freund so i will give them time, but tonight parkers performance reminded me of freund, i was actually a bit of a fan of freund but i feel we have moved on from this type of player.

Maybe it shows how far we have come as a club that we expect our ball winner to be able to play a bit as well. Players like freund and parker can not survive at a club going for top 4.

With regards freund i have a lot of time for the german youth system and if he can bring some of that and some of their players to the club im all for it. Love germany as well, i visit for a day each summer on the way to my summer holiday and except for Berlin i can honestly say it is a beautiful lovely country.

Sandro and Dembele have shown no signs of Freunding up this season.

Parker had a similar spell in the second half of last season, not quite as slow looking as he is at the moment though.

we need players that can get into the swing of things quicker then him and another like huddlestone, it was the same with huddlestone people were making excuses for him that he had been injured for a bit but he is still not up to scratch. Think we need to look at trends and it is clear that we are moving into a different style of play which parker is not suited to and his age and injuries i think it best to try and get a fee for him while we can.

Back