• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

Scott Parker is set to return to the Tottenham squad for the first time this season against Swansea but the England midfielder will struggle to nail down a regular spot under Andre Villas-Boas.

Parker played the full 90 minutes for the club’s Under-21 side against Sunderland yesterday and should be cleared for Sunday’s Premier League game at White Hart Lane — the first time he has available for a top-flight match since the 1-1 draw at Aston Villa last May.

Spurs may have missed Parker’s determination and positional sense in certain matches but it is understood the 32-year-old, who is in the second year of a four-year deal, is unlikely to have the status he enjoyed under Harry Redknapp.

The former boss would always include Parker in the starting XI if the player was fit, and continues to monitor the situation as he seeks to strengthen his Queens Park Rangers squad next month.

It is thought Villas-Boas’s first choices in central midfield will remain Sandro and Mousa Dembele whatever system he uses.

The former Chelsea manager is also keen to increase his options in that position during the transfer window although his long-term target, Porto’s Joao Moutinho, is unlikely to move to London.

Villas-Boas’s presence at his old club’s Champions League game at Paris St Germain earlier this month led some to conclude the deal was back on but he only went to the French capital as a guest of Porto president Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa.

Porto qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League and it is believed they would consider selling Moutinho only if his £31.5million release clause were met.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/scott-parker-fit-for-spurs-comeback-but-hes-no-favourite-of-andre-villasboas-8405404.html

Alrighty....

42fecd04445611e289bf22000a1fa4a9_7.jpg

Good to have him back - although he now finds himself behind Sandro in the pecking order. Will be interesting to see how Parker is accomodated in AVB's plans. He's a top quality back up, that's for sure.

Basically so Sandro can get a rest and be fresh for the bigger games.

you see that doesnt make any sense to me. what if parker has a stormer while sandro is out. are you going to drop parker?

once upon a time he was the best and most consistent player in a team that went 12 games with 11 wins and 1 draw in the premiership. i know people like to forget that little stat cause it was under harry's tutelage but it did happen. and parker was one of the main guys to make it happen

you see that doesnt make any sense to me. what if parker has a stormer while sandro is out. are you going to drop parker?

once upon a time he was the best and most consistent player in a team that went 12 games with 11 wins and 1 draw in the premiership. i know people like to forget that little stat cause it was under harry's tutelage but it did happen. and parker was one of the main guys to make it happen

You don't pick players based on what they achieved a year ago. Until Parker shows something to indicate he should be in the first XI it's Sandro's spot.

He's got to have more than one stormer though. Sandro has put in over ten very good performances this season. Would take Sandro performing badly and Parker having a couple of very good games to displace him, but that is one for the future.

I'll equate it to the lloris/freidel case.

On the one hand we have an older player, he's getting on a bit, his fitness is going to start deteriorating within the next year or so, if it hasn't already a bit after an extremely long injury. Knowing Levy he could very well be moved on in six months. On the other side we have a younger model. A player who has now broken into the first team and has, bar one or two, had consistently good performances for the team.

It's for the future, init?

Not entirely serious.

once upon a time he was one of the best and most consistent player in a team that went 12 games with 11 wins and 1 draw in the premiership. i know people like to forget that little stat cause it was under harry's tutelage but it did happen. and friedel was one of the main guys to make it happen

Still not entirely serious.

Honestly i don't care which manager they played under, i would rather play the better player. Imo that is Sandro. However i get that he'll need a rest now and again.

Last edited:
It's great to have him back and I am sure he will get plenty of games. Think that when we play top class opposition a 3 man midfield of Sandro, Parker and Dembele would be the business

You don't pick players based on what they achieved a year ago. Until Parker shows something to indicate he should be in the first XI it's Sandro's spot.

really?

so bale goes out for 3 months....you will keep him out?

forget about what he did last year then, clearly doesnt rate that high to some....player of the season.....who cares. what if he has a great game..when he replaced sandro...that is CURRENT..what do you do after he has shown something to indicate he should be in the first team.

makes you wonder why he was in the first team last season anyway

I said this when he first signed, was ridiculed for it, yet was proven right...

I will say it again

Parker will be a first team regular by the New Year

really?

so bale goes out for 3 months....you will keep him out?

forget about what he did last year then, clearly doesnt rate that high to some....player of the season.....who cares. what if he has a great game..when he replaced sandro...that is CURRENT..what do you do after he has shown something to indicate he should be in the first team.

makes you wonder why he was in the first team last season anyway

At times he was played when he clearly shouldn't have been, but that's for a different thread i feel.

I do rate Parker, but when one of your players with potential improves beyond the first team player what else are you meant to do? As you say, Parker was our best player last season. So far imo Sandro has been our best player this season. This season is more relevant than last.

Even if he has ONE great game I'd still like to see more to know he is back at 100% fitness and in form. If Bale had been out 3 months I wouldn't put him straight back in if whoever played instead was doing great or Bale hadn't shown in training that he was fully fit and ready.

Player of the season last year means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when it comes to picking a team RIGHT NOW. That doesn't mean that I think Parker is worthless to the team or that last season means nothing, it simply means that at this moment in time there is no reason to pick him ahead of Sandro. It's up to Parker to give us those reasons.

He's got to have more than one stormer though. Sandro has put in over ten very good performances this season. Would take Sandro performing badly and Parker having a couple of very good games to displace him, but that is one for the future.

how does he get the chance to have more than one stormer when people like you keep dropping him as reward for playing well. he plays a great game knowing full well your management philosophy is to bench him. i dont see the motivating factor here.

I'll equate it to the lloris/freidel case.

On the one hand we have an older player, he's getting on a bit, his fitness is going to start deteriorating within the next year or so, if it hasn't already a bit after an extremely long injury. Knowing Levy he could very well be moved on in six months. On the other side we have a younger model. A player who has now broken into the first team and has, bar one or two, had consistently good performances for the team.

It's for the future, init?

Not entirely serious.

thats your take on it...i think freidel and lloris have been on par with each other..both consistently done okay and both having a few good games. lloris has not has consistently good games for me. he's done alright...he hasnt been brick...he's been okay...but he has had a few good performances. if you call what he has been doing good performances then you probably didnt have the pleasure of seeing goalies back in the day when they really were GOOD goal keepers

once upon a time he was one of the best and most consistent player in a team that went 12 games with 11 wins and 1 draw in the premiership. i know people like to forget that little stat cause it was under harry's tutelage but it did happen. and friedel was one of the main guys to make it happen

Still not entirely serious.

but this is true though. friedel was part of that team and it was less than a year ago that he helped make that happen. jordinho doesnt care about the past the same way i do but fudge me that feat deserves some respect.

Honestly i don't care which manager they played under, i would rather play the better player. Imo that is Sandro. However i get that he'll need a rest now and again

you're preaching to the choir. i too prefer sandro and i too think that sandro is the better overall player. but whats the point in competing for places if there is no competition in reality? its pointless..might as well not give that extra 20% over 100 which he usually gives cause he'll never get a fighting chance

Can I be bold enough to predict that with Parker back in the team, we will stop shipping last minute goals? Being an effective defensive midfield player is far more than putting in flash tackles...

how does he get the chance to have more than one stormer when people like you keep dropping him as reward for playing well. he plays a great game knowing full well your management philosophy is to bench him. i dont see the motivating factor here.

It would be far more demotivating to Sandro to have played a large number of games well and be benched after Parker has one good game.

Whichever way you go you demotivate one of them.

Even if he has ONE great game I'd still like to see more to know he is back at 100% fitness and in form. If Bale had been out 3 months I wouldn't put him straight back in if whoever played instead was doing great or Bale hadn't shown in training that he was fully fit and ready.

Player of the season last year means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when it comes to picking a team RIGHT NOW. That doesn't mean that I think Parker is worthless to the team or that last season means nothing, it simply means that at this moment in time there is no reason to pick him ahead of Sandro. It's up to Parker to give us those reasons.

couldnt disagree more. official player of the season in professional football, especially in parkers role, says something about the kind of player he is but MOST importantly..about the kind of character he is and the kind of MAN he is.

if it were me i would TOTALLy take that into big consideration and give him a chance to win his place back. not stick him on a seat and wait for bread crumbs when the first teamer gets a bit tired.

how do you treat professionals that work that hard for a team like that?

this is why fergie will always be the best..and why i respect guys like harry who will drop BIG names for players that have REAL HEART.

Back