• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

Sandro and Dembele have shown no signs of Freunding up this season.

Parker had a similar spell in the second half of last season, not quite as slow looking as he is at the moment though.

yeah dembele is a different sort of player so i would not expect it from him but granted sandro is not showing signs of becoming a freund.

Yeah. Second start in the PL this season, third start in total. 6 sub appearances before that.

Starting to reach the point where I think expecting some performances isn't completely unreasonable.

hahahahahahahaha oh oh man.

Guys go back and see the ratings we gave him for his sub appearnaces...just go back and have a look. There was numerous people even claiming AVB has improved him as a player...i mean that's how highly people were speaking. After 2 bad performances guess what?....he apparently didn't have any good sub performances..it's all been forgotten already:ross:

As i've always said. People base things solely on the last game (at a stretch the last 2 games). It's so funny to see time after time after time.

i think we play a more compact and faster formation now that suits younger, energetic players. thudd, parker, gallas all stand out like sore thumbs.

hahahahahahahaha oh oh man.

Guys go back and see the ratings we gave him for his sub appearnaces...just go back and have a look. There was numerous people even claiming AVB has improved him as a player...i mean that's how highly people were speaking. After 2 bad performances guess what?....he apparently didn't have any good sub performances..it's all been forgotten already:ross:

As i've always said. People base things solely on the last game (at a stretch the last 2 games). It's so funny to see time after time after time.

Wouldn't that mean that the "he's just back from injury" excuse isn't a good on then? That's what we're talking about isn't it?

Sure he's been good in some appearances off the bench. I'm expecting more from him than that though. I'm expecting him to go up against he likes of Michel Brown or Alex Tettey and show that he's a better fudging player than them.

When he played beside Modric he'd lay it to off to Modric and let him dictate the midfield.
Now with Dembele he thinks he's the main man, trying to pick out passes and control the midfield.

Parker simply isn't good enough to do this.

I'd rather we had Livermore beside Dembele than him. Livermore will get the ball and lay it off quickly. He knows he's just a defensive midfielder and plays like one.

Wouldn't that mean that the "he's just back from injury" excuse isn't a good on then? That's what we're talking about isn't it?

Sure he's been good in some appearances off the bench. I'm expecting more from him than that though. I'm expecting him to go up against he likes of Michel Brown or Alex Tettey and show that he's a better fudging player than them.

Wait so you was " starting to reach a point where you're expecting some performances" and now you're saying he's been good in some appearances? can you make up your mind please. Oh i see...so he had good sub appearnaces yet he hasn't shown he's better than Michale Brown...yep makes perfect sense.

Wait so you was " starting to reach a point where you're expecting some performances" and now you're saying he's been good in some appearances? can you make up your mind please. Oh i see...so he had good sub appearnaces yet he hasn't shown he's better than Michale Brown...yep makes perfect sense.

I want more than just a good sub performance when we only need to protect a lead or when we're already dominating.

I don't understand what's unclear about what I'm saying. There's a big difference between coming on for 15-20 minutes and looking good and performing for a full game from the start. I think it's fair to think that it's about time Parker starts performing for full games now.

Up against Michael Brown he didn't show that he's a better player. That's not the same as him not being a better player, or that he hasn't shown that he's a better player in short periods in other games.

From a 32 year old who is supposed to be one of our best players, one of our leaders who sometimes is our captain I expect more.

I want more than just a good sub performance when we only need to protect a lead or when we're already dominating.

I don't understand what's unclear about what I'm saying. There's a big difference between coming on for 15-20 minutes and looking good and performing for a full game from the start. I think it's fair to think that it's about time Parker starts performing for full games now.

Up against Michael Brown he didn't show that he's a better player. That's not the same as him not being a better player, or that he hasn't shown that he's a better player in short periods in other games.

From a 32 year old who is supposed to be one of our best players, one of our leaders who sometimes is our captain I expect more.

That's not what your original post that i replied to insinuated at all and you and anyone else reading it knows it. I'm not going to continue debating this purely because i feel you're backtracking about what you originally said. have fun.

to be fair, coming back from a long lay off is a huge factor especially for a player on the wrong side of thirty...my view is that even without the injury Parker wouldn't fit AVB's play which relies on fast incisive passing to keep the opponents on the back foot.

When he played beside Modric he'd lay it to off to Modric and let him dictate the midfield.
Now with Dembele he thinks he's the main man, trying to pick out passes and control the midfield.

Parker simply isn't good enough to do this.

I'd rather we had Livermore beside Dembele than him. Livermore will get the ball and lay it off quickly. He knows he's just a defensive midfielder and plays like one.

I was thinking the same that he had a creative outlet next to him in Modric, and maybe he doesn't have the confidence in Dembele to 'create' so is trying to take it on himself. Opposition are also wising up to his little turns, which 90% of the time are totally unnecessary and slow down our attacks.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a cracking player. But he's definitely struggling a bit at the moment, and I think that is due to Modric not being there.

That's not what your original post that i replied to insinuated at all and you and anyone else reading it knows it. I'm not going to continue debating this purely because i feel you're backtracking about what you originally said. have fun.

That would be where I said "Starting to reach the point where I think expecting some performances isn't completely unreasonable."

If you thought that was some kind of sarcy put down towards Parker that wasn't how it was meant. I suppose that would explain your reaction to what I said.

I was thinking the same that he had a creative outlet next to him in Modric, and maybe he doesn't have the confidence in Dembele to 'create' so is trying to take it on himself. Opposition are also wising up to his little turns, which 90% of the time are totally unnecessary and slow down our attacks.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a cracking player. But he's definitely struggling a bit at the moment, and I think that is due to Modric not being there.
Even last season he was pushing ahead of modric and doing those runs with the ball into attacking position that would end in a goal kick. In fact, that was why I started this thread as I thought he was negating modric' attacking influence.

Even last season he was pushing ahead of modric and doing those runs with the ball into attacking position that would end in a goal kick. In fact, that was why I started this thread as I thought he was negating modric' attacking influence.

Yep, but he does seem to be doing it more now.

Parker is no better or worse than last season. He's always been a complete donkey on the ball, its just now it gets highlighted more because we don't have a natural playmaker in the team: he cant just lay the ball off to Dembele and leave it to him. subsequently he's being forced to get on the ball more and just how brick a footballer he is is being brutally exposed.

He still has great positional sense (when he is playing in an exclusively defensive role), has a great tackle and works his arse off. He IS still capable of doing the simple things, but being a part of THIS particular midfield duo means that his is forced to try and get involved in build up play and is being exposed. Dont' see the issue myself - we've alll always know he's toss on the ball haven'T we? Every team needs its die for the shirt, limited workhorses.

Parker is no better or worse than last season. He's always been a complete donkey on the ball, its just now it gets highlighted more because we don't have a natural playmaker in the team: he cant just lay the ball off to Dembele and leave it to him. subsequently he's being forced to get on the ball more and just how brick a footballer he is is being brutally exposed.

He still has great positional sense (when he is playing in an exclusively defensive role), has a great tackle and works his arse off. He IS still capable of doing the simple things, but being a part of THIS particular midfield duo means that his is forced to try and get involved in build up play and is being exposed. Dont' see the issue myself - we've alll always know he's toss on the ball haven'T we? Every team needs its die for the shirt, limited workhorses.

Bit contradictory?

'A brick footballer' but 'has great positional sense' and 'has a great tackle and works his arse off'. Sounds like a bloody good footballer to me.

Bit contradictory?

'A brick footballer' but 'has great positional sense' and 'has a great tackle and works his arse off'. Sounds like a bloody good footballer to me.

If a player is strong in only certain areas but poor in others that can stop them being seen as a "good player".

Much like Defoe has some strengths and some very obvious weaknesses that stop him being a rounded player and thus "good." I can see what he means. A cm's prime role is in the heart of midfield where that player needs mastery of all areas. Parker's dilly dallying on the ball and his general weak passing game show up as weaknesses. He will have to show a little more urgency on the ball and much less cowardice than the first half where he constantly passed by to the defenders and visibly told them to play it forward. Shocking.

Really?

Imo he didn't have good positional sense last season, so that would be new. He was all about last ditch tackles and throwing himself to block shots at the last minute. That reeks of bad positioning and desperation.

Back