• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

Parker doesn't have good positional sense? you couldn't make it up.

It was pretty awful when United scored their goal the other day...

Personally I think he's much more about fantastic work-rate and pressing and aggression than great positional sense...

hahahahahahahaha oh oh man.

Guys go back and see the ratings we gave him for his sub appearnaces...just go back and have a look. There was numerous people even claiming AVB has improved him as a player...i mean that's how highly people were speaking. After 2 bad performances guess what?....he apparently didn't have any good sub performances..it's all been forgotten already:ross:

As i've always said. People base things solely on the last game (at a stretch the last 2 games). It's so funny to see time after time after time.

Agree with this.

He was fine against United, steady against QPR and very good in his other sub appearances. If a player is crap when coming as a sub then you usually get the excuse "oh well its difficult to get into the game coming on with 20 mins left"....How many fouls does Livermore give away when he comes on for the last 20-30 mins of games? Parker was brilliant when he came on.

Sunday he was average - but I was at Elland Road and his work rate was phenomenal. He doesn't hide, if he gives the ball away he works his arse off to get it back, he covers full backs, he tracks people and he battles. He didn't go missing against Brown - he was in there competing. If people want to have a go at people about Sunday look no further than the two centre halves who were lazily lolliping about with their hands in the air appealing for offside instead of getting in the faces of Leeds' strikers.

Last night he wasn't good either but again - who was last night? Dembele had the cigar on and was anonymous for most of the match but he's new so he must be great. Nothing offered from the front 4 until Holtby came on. Again he was in there grafting, tracking and still making himself available for the ball. He, along with the rest of the team improved immensely when Holtby came on.

I dislike criticism of people who give 100%. Same was happening with Dawson earlier in the season and he's probably our best centre-half on form at the moment.

Agree with this.

He was fine against United, steady against QPR and very good in his other sub appearances. If a player is crap when coming as a sub then you usually get the excuse "oh well its difficult to get into the game coming on with 20 mins left"....How many fouls does Livermore give away when he comes on for the last 20-30 mins of games? Parker was brilliant when he came on.

Sunday he was average - but I was at Elland Road and his work rate was phenomenal. He doesn't hide, if he gives the ball away he works his arse off to get it back, he covers full backs, he tracks people and he battles. He didn't go missing against Brown - he was in there competing. If people want to have a go at people about Sunday look no further than the two centre halves who were lazily lolliping about with their hands in the air appealing for offside instead of getting in the faces of Leeds' strikers.

Last night he wasn't good either but again - who was last night? Dembele had the cigar on and was anonymous for most of the match but he's new so he must be great. Nothing offered from the front 4 until Holtby came on. Again he was in there grafting, tracking and still making himself available for the ball. He, along with the rest of the team improved immensely when Holtby came on.

I dislike criticism of people who give 100%. Same was happening with Dawson earlier in the season and he's probably our best centre-half on form at the moment.

Workrate without direction is basically wasting Energy. I didn't want Parker to be competing on Brown's level; I expect him to outclass him! HE just takes too much responsibility for himself and doesn't allow the likes of Dembele and Modric to play.

Agree with this.

I don't expect Premiership midfielders to 'compete' with the likes of Brown, they should be making him look like the average clogger he is.

If I played for Spurs I'd give more effort than any current player does. If you saw me play though, there'd be plenty of legitimate criticism due.

Parker is overrated....for me he shouldnt be allowed int the opposing half ! Too many times I've seen him making ridiculous runs off the ball that only hamper our better attackers and take away space !

Have him sit in front of the 2 centre halfs or have him on the bench !

Really?

Imo he didn't have good positional sense last season, so that would be new. He was all about last ditch tackles and throwing himself to block shots at the last minute. That reeks of bad positioning and desperation.

before i read this wrong and start the needless discussion , what do you mean by positional sense?

before i read this wrong and start the needless discussion , what do you mean by positional sense?

He's quite often in the wrong place at the wrong time. He doesn't read the game very well. He often commits to a tackle when he should stand off, and stands off when he should commit.

He gives you 100% and i can't fault that. Just that his head isn't quite as good as his heart.

I don't expect Premiership midfielders to 'compete' with the likes of Brown, they should be making him look like the average clogger he is.

If I played for Spurs I'd give more effort than any current player does. If you saw me play though, there'd be plenty of legitimate criticism due.

Wow... what a shock! Scara and Punkie laying into Parker - who would have thought????

Wow... what a shock! Scara and Punkie laying into Parker - who would have thought????

I'm actually convinced Punk is Huddlestone's Dad. Even last season when Parker was playing great and allowing Modric to control the game, he was still slating Parker. Fair enough if you prefer Sandro, but Hudd and Livermore? :eek:

I'm actually convinced Punk is Huddlestone's Dad. Even last season when Parker was playing great and allowing Modric to control the game, he was still slating Parker. Fair enough if you prefer Sandro, but Hudd and Livermore? :eek:

He's a few months Older than me so that would be difficult. I just prefer My holding midfielders to Hold and pass the ball better.

Parker was one of many to play badly against Leeds. He's coming back from more than 6 months out with a serious injury.

Once again, he's been back for over a month and a half. That's about as long a time as pre-season.

but how many games has he played. Its not enough just to be back, it takes time to find some form and rhythm by having plenty of playing time

achilles injuries are a nightmare, both physically and mentally

but how many games has he played. Its not enough just to be back, it takes time to find some form and rhythm by having plenty of playing time

achilles injuries are a nightmare, both physically and mentally

Swansea - 90th minute
Stoke - 85th minute
Villa - 66th minute
Sunderland 83rd minute
Reading 69th minute
Coventry start, subbed at 80.
QPR 25th minute
United - start, subbed at 80
Leeds - start
Norwich - start

So he's played in 10 games, granted some of them were not for long. He has played for a majority of the time in the last five games.

How long will it take to find rhythm? Because we can't really afford to wait.

Last edited:
Back