• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

Interesting that no one is contemplating BOTH Parker and Sandro could be in the team with Dembele running the midfield in front of them behind a front 3. Definitely something I would consider for Old Trafford type games.

Interesting that no one is contemplating BOTH Parker and Sandro could be in the team with Dembele running the midfield in front of them behind a front 3. Definitely something I would consider for Old Trafford type games.

If you want to settle for a 0-0 draw, then yeah we can go with that.

We would lack so much creativity. It's also hardly 'To dare is to do'..

we covered this about 3 or 5 pages ago. clearly an option..but the problem is the stats delivery of dembele in key categories. can he assist and score given that he hasnt done so consistently in his time in this league

I said this when he first signed, was ridiculed for it, yet was proven right...

I will say it again

Parker will be a first team regular by the New Year

I wanted Parker for years before we signed him and actually said he'd win our player of the year award if/when he signed. Needless to say i got that spot on.

Even if he has ONE great game I'd still like to see more to know he is back at 100% fitness and in form. If Bale had been out 3 months I wouldn't put him straight back in if whoever played instead was doing great or Bale hadn't shown in training that he was fully fit and ready.

Player of the season last year means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when it comes to picking a team RIGHT NOW. That doesn't mean that I think Parker is worthless to the team or that last season means nothing, it simply means that at this moment in time there is no reason to pick him ahead of Sandro. It's up to Parker to give us those reasons.

I agree and disagree with this statement tbh.

Winning the player of the season award last year wouldn't mean much if the player went on to have a run of brick performances this season but he's been injured. Its not like he was player of the season last year, has had inconsistent/bad performances this year, and people are calling for him to continue starting based on his good performances last year.

Winning the player of the season award last year wouldn't mean much if the player went on to have a run of brick performances this season but he's been injured. Its not like he was player of the season last year, has had inconsistent/bad performances this year, and people are calling for him to continue starting based on his good performances last year.

KD what would you do if you were manager?

I would like to see how he performs now before making any calls for a starting role.

KD what would you do if you were manager?

I know it was at him, but i'll answer it anyway.

I'd play Sandro at Swansea, giving Parker half an hour.

Sandro at Stoke, don't feel it's one for someone coming back to get involved in for obvious reasons.

Parker at Villa for as long as he can take.

Sandro at Sunderland.

Parker at Reading.

Parker at Coventry.

And then see where I'm at with regards to how they are playing and how Parker is fitness wise. I'd want to play the same one at QPR as i would at United.

I know it was at him, but i'll answer it anyway.

I'd play Sandro at Swansea, giving Parker half an hour.

Sandro at Stoke, don't feel it's one for someone coming back to get involved in for obvious reasons.

Parker at Villa for as long as he can take.

Sandro at Sunderland.

Parker at Reading.

Parker at Coventry.

And then see where I'm at with regards to how they are playing and how Parker is fitness wise. I'd want to play the same one at QPR as i would at United.

what on earth? your giving parker alot of playing time?

i'm not actually calling for him to start..just not to be treated as a sub player when he gets his fitness back and his chance

what on earth? your giving parker alot of playing time?

I know, your backups have to be match fit too. He's been out for ages and didn't get a pre-season.

It's a large number of games in a short space of time, it's also resting Sandro.

I'm 90% sure i'd start Sandro againt QPR and United though. Would take something special in those games for me to think differently.

Is partly due to how well Sandro and Dembele did at Old Trafford for the first 45.

Last edited:

Considering we started off the season with Jenas and Livermore in the centre I can see this happening more than most people expect.

What do you mean mate? what would my preferred team be if everyones fit?

Yep, in this current situation with Parker returning hopefully soon to being fully fit, how would you manage the situation. I ask you because I know your a big fan of Parker.
I was very sceptical as you know at first but he proved to be an inspired signing and his leadershipis a big bonus

mine would be

.................lloris

Naughton or smith.......vert......gallas......BAE

lennon......sandor....dembele......siggy

.................ade..........defoe

Yep, in this current situation with Parker returning hopefully soon to being fully fit, how would you manage the situation. I ask you because I know your a big fan of Parker.
I was very sceptical as you know at first but he proved to be an inspired signing and his leadershipis a big bonus

I'd ALWAYS play 4-4-2 at home and 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 away.

-------------------------------Lloris------------------------------

Naughton---------Dawson/Gallas---Vertonghen----------BAE

Lennon------------Sandro-----------Dembele-------------Bale

--------------------Adebayor-------Defoe------------------------

Away is harder to pick but against better teams i would play Sandro AND parker with Dembele and against the rest it would be one or the other with Dembele and one of Sig and Clint. This is me going by our current situation btw.

I'd ALWAYS play 4-4-2 at home and 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 away.

-------------------------------Lloris------------------------------

Naughton---------Dawson/Gallas---Vertonghen----------BAE

Lennon------------Sandro-----------Dembele-------------Bale

--------------------Adebayor-------Defoe------------------------

Away is harder to pick but against better teams i would play Sandro AND parker with Dembele and against the rest it would be one or the other with Dembele and one of Sig and Clint. This is me going by our current situation btw.

how does your current situation include a healthy bale?

Back