• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

was it not untill parker got injuird that we started to win games again last season.
parker was an ever present when we won 1 game in 10 last season.
did anyone watch him for england the guy is so limited. he wins the ball then does that gay spin and passes sideways.

hes a good defensive midfeilder but thats it. give me sandro anyway

was it not untill parker got injuird that we started to win games again last season.
did anyone watch him for england the guy is so limited. he wins the ball then does that gay spin and passes sideways.

Passes sideways but retains possession. The one thing we lacked immensely yesterday was retaining possession. He passes sideways as Modric was always there for him and as we know Modric is/was the creator. You have an enforcer to break up play - pass it and job done. its limited but massively important

I'm more on this side of the fence as well. Think we've got a bit of the "becoming more highly rated the more time he's out" syndrome, although he's a very good player having him back wouldn't solve our issue with creativity in the middle by any stretch. He's going to be out for a while, and once he's back getting match time to get himself back to 100% will be difficult and will take time as always, I don't want to be negative but I think it will be the new year at the very earliest that he'll make a real positive contribution to the team, hope I'm proved wrong though of course, I'd love him to burst back to fitness and score a hatrick against Arsenal but I just don't see it happening.

I'm more on this side of the fence as well. Think we've got a bit of the "becoming more highly rated the more time he's out" syndrome, although he's a very good player having him back wouldn't solve our issue with creativity in the middle by any stretch. He's going to be out for a while, and once he's back getting match time to get himself back to 100% will be difficult and will take time as always, I don't want to be negative but I think it will be the new year at the very earliest that he'll make a real positive contribution to the team, hope I'm proved wrong though of course, I'd love him to burst back to fitness and score a hatrick against Arsenal but I just don't see it happening.

He will still have all the same limitations he always had when he returns. Fact is though, if we're struggling to press/starting to tire/holding on to a lead away at City it would be nice to be able to bring him on.

Time will tell on whether or not Sandro will develop into a better player than Parker, but at the moment we desperately need a leader on the field which is why i'd have him straight back into the team when fully fit. And then rotate accordingly for the rest of the season.

Thing is, Sandro hasn't really proven that he is all that effective offensively either, his distribution particularly can be hugely frustrating at times. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's as bad as Palacios' but it's not a great deal better.

Still young though, so hopefully he can develop that side of his game as it's the only piece missing at the moment.

Last edited:
Thing is, Sandro hasn't really proven that he is all that effective offensively either, his distribution particularly ball can be hugely frustrating at times. I wouldn't go as far as say it's as bad as Palacios' but it's not a great deal better.

Still young though, so hopefully he can develop that side of his game as it's the only piece missing at the moment.

I think that's partly down to confidence - there were times last season when his distribution was pretty good. And even as it stands, it's at least quick - he looks up and knows where he wants to put the ball before he receives it even if the execution isn't always accurate.

He will still have all the same limitations he always had when he returns. Fact is though, if we're struggling to press/starting to tire/holding on to a lead away at City it would be nice to be able to bring him on.

Yeah very much so, but the pessimist in me says in won't be for a while...

Time will tell on whether or not Sandro will develop into a better player than Parker, but at the moment we desperately need a leader on the field which is why i'd have him straight back into the team when fully fit. And then rotate accordingly for the rest of the season.

Thing is, Sandro hasn't really proven that he is all that effective offensively either, his distribution particularly can be hugely frustrating at times. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's as bad as Palacios' but it's not a great deal better.

There's not point n having a leader on the field if he cannot fulfil his playing duties. Parker doesn't have the legs nor physicality to play DM, nor the passing ability and speed of thought to be a playmaker. Sandro is a better tackler, is stronger, quicker and generally more physically imposing than Parker. His defensive positioning is better as well as his decision making which mean's he's rarely caught wrong side or left on the ground whilst his opponent has dribbled past him.

There's not point n having a leader on the field if he cannot fulfil his playing duties. Parker doesn't have the legs nor physicality to play DM, nor the passing ability and speed of thought to be a playmaker. Sandro is a better tackler, is stronger, quicker and generally more physically imposing than Parker. His defensive positioning is better as well as his decision making which mean's he's rarely caught wrong side or left on the ground whilst his opponent has dribbled past him.

Wtf, did you watch any of last season? To say Parker doesn't have the attributes to be an effective DM is akin to madness.

I was frustrated by Parker last term. He made a big contribution in some parts of some games but I never "got" him.

I would be interested to see what the stats are for the games he played.

Parker Back in Training

SCOTT BACK IN LIGHT TRAINING

A1222.jpg

Scott Parker has returned to light training with the first team squad.

The midfielder who enjoyed such an outstanding first season at the club has been sidelined since the summer with Achilles trouble.

Andre Villas-Boas reported: “Scott’s having his first training sessions and we’re now looking to build-up his fitness levels.

“Not only that, it’s important for a player who has been out to get a feel for his team-mates again, to stop training individually and get together with the group.

“We’ll build-up his fitness and then we can look at the options for him.”

there should also be an update to the thread title when they get merged like this - ie injury update page 22

More good news. Usually comes in threes, Dembele hopefully back at the weekend, Parker in light training, fingers crossed we hear positive news regards BAE very soon

whaddya reckon we'll see when he returns? Sandro Parker & Dembele until we get in a play maker of sorts either in Jan or the summer ?

whaddya reckon we'll see when he returns? Sandro Parker & Dembele until we get in a play maker of sorts either in Jan or the summer ?

Dont see why couldnt try that in a few away games maybe

.........Sandro...Parker................
Lennon......Dembele..............Bale
...............Adebayor..................

Funnily enough Telegraph FF has Dembele as a forward, Dempsey as midfield

Dont see why couldnt try that in a few away games maybe

.........Sandro...Parker................
Lennon......Dembele..............Bale
...............Adebayor..................

Funnily enough Telegraph FF has Dembele as a forward, Dempsey as midfield

I can't think of a game where Sandro and Parker have played well together. I think that they get in each others way.

Back