• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

Delighted he's back in training. I would love to see how he fits in with our new team, and how he takes on Sandro for his place in the team.

I can't think of a game where Sandro and Parker have played well together. I think that they get in each others way.

without trying to open a can of worms here id like to think that AVB will do a better job of making sure they each have defined roles which complement one another on the pitch.

I can't think of a game where Sandro and Parker have played well together. I think that they get in each others way.

There was a time when people thought the same thing about BAE and Bale. And then three years later we have the most dangerous left flank in the league.

Obviously there are differences but the point is players can develop together. What we have in those two is a solid core, who defensively and possessively offer so much. With Bale and Lennon on top, that is one balanced midfield.

Will be good to have him back, but I don't think we'll see him alongside Sandro in many games. Dembele was doing great there and he offers a completely different dimension to Sandro and Parker. I think we'll try (again) to bring in another player that can fill that role.

Parker and Sandro to fight it out (not literally) for the starting spot, a chance to rotate a bit and actually make some proper subs when needed. I like that. Also, Parker back in the dressing room can't hurt us.

Parker won't be a Spurs player much longer. Sandro has that position and I can't see him losing it.

Options...

Unless you think Livermore or Hudd are as good as Parker in that role then selling him would be ridiculous unless we have a replacement lined up. We need options and we need cover for injuries. Imagine last season without Parker when Sandro was out for months... And the other way around this season...

Options...

Unless you think Livermore or Hudd are as good as Parker in that role then selling him would be ridiculous unless we have a replacement lined up. We need options and we need cover for injuries. Imagine last season without Parker when Sandro was out for months... And the other way around this season...

Parker is not an AVB player. Huddlestone doesn't have a future at Spurs either. I think we'll add to the squad with one central midfielder in January and those two will leave. I also think AVB will start utilising Carroll more.

Parker won't be a Spurs player much longer. Sandro has that position and I can't see him losing it.

There's no reason why we can't utilize both to their best abilities, the position is Sandro's in the long run if he wants it but Parker can still be a very useful player, and that's coming from someone who has been fairly critical of him on here at times.

Parker is not an AVB player. Huddlestone doesn't have a future at Spurs either. I think we'll add to the squad with one central midfielder in January and those two will leave. I also think AVB will start utilising Carroll more.

I can see the argument for Huddlestone not being an AVB player, but not so much for Parker. To me he is quite similar to Sandro who AVB seems quite happy using.

why do you say that?

He is slow, not skillful and not athletic.

how do you define athleticism? he's a tireless worker in the midfield and recycles possession as well as anyone in our team - attributes i can see AVB making use of in the center of the pitch. i don't think he would go out and sign a Parker mkII but seeings as he is here im sure that he will make use of him and would be surprised if he is not here next season.

Some seem to have the impression that AVB likes to close games out in the final 20 minutes or so if leading - Parker would be an ideal player to bring on to help us do just that.

Sandro is far more athletic than Parker and has better technique.

More athletic, sure. Far more? Not so sure. Parker does run a lot, and is not exactly slow.

When it comes to technique they are both limited, Parker though knows his limitations and rarely tries things outside his comfort zone so very rarely makes mistakes. Sandro tries a few more things, but also makes more mistakes because of it.

Suppose we'll just wait and see if Parker fits in under AVB or not. If we do sell him and Hudd we need two more midfielders in my opinion.

Sandro is far more athletic than Parker and has better technique.

At what? The guy struggles to make a ten yard pass. He is also one of the main culprits, when it comes to us turning over possession. I really cannot see what all the fuss is about this guy. Sometimes I think there are 22 players out there. The ones actually playing and those people imagine playing.

Last edited:
how do you define athleticism? he's a tireless worker in the midfield and recycles possession as well as anyone in our team - attributes i can see AVB making use of in the center of the pitch. i don't think he would go out and sign a Parker mkII but seeings as he is here im sure that he will make use of him and would be surprised if he is not here next season.

Some seem to have the impression that AVB likes to close games out in the final 20 minutes or so if leading - Parker would be an ideal player to bring on to help us do just that.

He isn't agile, he slows the game down. Parker's Spurs career ended the moment his best mate's Dad left the club.

He isn't agile, he slows the game down. Parker's Spurs career ended the moment his best mate's Dad left the club.
You cannot be Moonlit with a statement like that, he used to love Parker.

However I do agree with the statement, he just doesn't seem to think on the same level as a creative player and really disrupted the games of VDV and Modric. He doesn't seem to think of where he is passing the ball and will often put it right back to the man who passed it under pressure to him or he will play piggy in the middle with the CBs.

Back