• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

Re: Why we need Parker.

Completely forgot about Parker.. England really screwed him by making him play through the pain barrier huh.. seems like he's been away for ages

EDIT: I agree we could do with his leadership but I think the worry is that we don't want to drop Sandro now he's established and I doubt many on here would suggest they play together.

Last edited:

A lot has made made of our injuries lately. Names bandied around include Kaboul, Benny and Dembele, but the man we really miss is Parker. What was missing on Sunday and has been missing in most games where we have stuggled is leadership and a player capable of lifting his team through personal effort and inspiration. To me, this is Parker, as he is determination personified. He gets stuck in and there is a bit of mongerel in him. When we do lose.... he looks upset, not like some of the happy go lucky reactions so typical of some our 'warriors' this season. I'm afraid that at present, the side contains a lot of front runners.
Sounded a bit like you were describing Sandro there.

Hear what you say about Parker's inspirational leadership qualities but he can also have a very negative impact on our attacking momentum which is why most of us would probably prefer a beast to a mongrel.

Completely forgot about Parker.. England really screwed him by making him play through the pain barrier huh.. seems like he's been away for ages

EDIT: I agree we could do with his leadership but I think the worry is that we don't want to drop Sandro now he's established and I doubt many on here would suggest they play together.

You can play both Sandro and Parker. I would. Sandro is getting better and better but id play them both when fit. Drop Hudd, clearly.

You sort of forget he's even ours. I reckon we'll look real good when he's back. Problem is, I always thought a midfield of him/Sandro/Modric never worked, for some reason. It was like Sandro and Parker kept getting in eachothers way and the one always getting furthest forward was Parker and I have no idea why.

You can play both Sandro and Parker. I would. Sandro is getting better and better but id play them both when fit. Drop Hudd, clearly.

But then assuming Dembele also starts we have to choose either Ade OR Defoe right? not 442 with Sandro and Parker!?

It's a better headache to have then choosing between Huddlestone/Carroll/Livermore to play alongside Sandro.

I honestly think in all of the games we have played we havemissed Parker. even the ones we won. He breaks up the play, takes the ball of people from close range so that they can then move on, he will pass quickly and he can tackle. Sandro is a beast and I do love him, but Parker is the better passer in my eyes and moves it quicker. Plus I miss that pirouette of his and his hairstyle.

Parker is an absolute monster of a player. The thing about him is as well that he wins the ball and releases it quickly and accurately. Sandro is awesome, but a lot of his best work is winning it on the edge of our box, whereas the amount of times Parker won the ball high up the pitch and immediately fired it into Ade, Lennon or Bale in a dangerous position was incredible.

Parker is also vital to our short passing game that was so effective last season. He can receive the ball when heavily marked and turn out of trouble and pass it short.

Sandro's short passing really isn't that great, well his passing isn't great full stop really if we're being honest.

I love Sandro, but Parker is vital. I also think they can play together, but it will require work on the training ground to get it to work. I think Dembele, Sandro and Parker could be a really effective midfield if they all work out their roles. Parker was a lot more of a box-to-box engine room in his West Ham/Saudi Sportswashing Machine days and scored quite a few goals for West Ham. I think Sandro could be the deep holder, Parker could press high up and run box-to-box and Dembele could just have a license to do what the hell he likes.

Parker is an absolute monster of a player. The thing about him is as well that he wins the ball and releases it quickly and accurately. Sandro is awesome, but a lot of his best work is winning it on the edge of our box, whereas the amount of times Parker won the ball high up the pitch and immediately fired it into Ade, Lennon or Bale in a dangerous position was incredible.

Parker is also vital to our short passing game that was so effective last season. He can receive the ball when heavily marked and turn out of trouble and pass it short.

Sandro's short passing really isn't that great, well his passing isn't great full stop really if we're being honest.

I love Sandro, but Parker is vital. I also think they can play together, but it will require work on the training ground to get it to work. I think Dembele, Sandro and Parker could be a really effective midfield if they all work out their roles. Parker was a lot more of a box-to-box engine room in his West Ham/Saudi Sportswashing Machine days and scored quite a few goals for West Ham. I think Sandro could be the deep holder, Parker could press high up and run box-to-box and Dembele could just have a license to do what the hell he likes.

Spot on son, spot on.

Think we'll just see AVB rotate Parker and Sandro when both are fit in teh same way he rotates Freidel/Lloris and will probably do so with Ade/Defoe.

Cant see how you can get both Parker and Sandro into the team. Adding Dembele to them to make a midfield trio doesnt work as you wouldnt get enough goals

We need him back. Would have loved for him to come on against City 2nd half. But I will be surprised if he starts again for us in the EPL.

Parker is good defensively, but in no way shape or form is he this Gerrard type player who drives the team forward and wins games for us.

Back