• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

Very few games he hasn’t played well in. My biggest criticism of him last season was he didn’t play well against the big teams. He’s been one of our better players in those games this season. The boy is absolute quality.

Could not agree more, the guy does not stand out maybe to some but the work he does is important and for me he has the class to become one of our most important players( if he is not allready ). Great buy.

Sporting on Wednesday, he was absolutely shocking along with Hojberg in that first half. I have been criticised in the past for moaning about Kane and Son and the way they lost the ball constantly and i have also said Hojberg and Bentacur have not been good enough but yet we still keep losing the ball and not being able to pass 5 yards to each other. I suppose everything that is wrong with our game at the moment is all on the defence and Son, Kane, Bentancur and Hojberg have nothing to do with us losing the ball every 5 minutes. Hojberg, Bentancur, Son and Kane are exactly what is wrong with this system. Non of them are what we need to play this way, so either we need players in that position that can or Conte needs to play to their strengths which is never going to happen.

Hojberg gets a free pass because he has scored a couple of goals and Bentancur gets a free pass because he is the new shiny toy.
You just seem to want to hate our players fella.
Do you like to rate any of them?

You just seem to want to hate our players fella.
Do you like to rate any of them?
Yep, i like Davies, Sess, Skipp, Bissouma, Kulu, i also rate Bentancur and Hojberg and think Kane and Son are good on their day. I’m just sick of seeing the same brick, a player has one good game and everyone seems to forget about the rest of the poor performances.

I say Kane and Son are the reason we do not keep the ball well as their hold up play is shocking and everyone tells me i’m wrong, i say Bentancur and Hojberg cannot pass 5 yards without giving it away and again i am wrong. So what everyone is saying is its all the defences fault that we can’t keep hold of the ball and we keep losing the ball up top and in the midfield?

Lets not beat around the bush, we have been brick all season and have been fortunate in quite a lot of games, its clear the football is a disgrace yet no one is too blame other than the spacegoats? Sess, Royale, Sanchez, Doherty are always getting slated and players like Bentancur who had an absolute mare in the first half against Sporting gets a free pass because he is the new shiny toy? He has been no better than anyone else and his good things get highlighted and no one mentions the bad stuff where he losses the ball on a regular basis.

I rate a lot of the team but rating a player and not being happy with how they play are 2 different things. Every single player on that pitch have not been good enough for the majority of this season. I get frustrated watching this diabolical football and get fudged off watching fully grown men who get paid millions of pounds a year not being able to pass a ball 5 yards. If you are happy with it crack on but i will continue to vent my frustration on here until i’m happy with performances, this is after all kind of the point of a football forum.

Yep, i like Davies, Sess, Skipp, Bissouma, Kulu, i also rate Bentancur and Hojberg and think Kane and Son are good on their day. I’m just sick of seeing the same brick, a player has one good game and everyone seems to forget about the rest of the poor performances.

I say Kane and Son are the reason we do not keep the ball well as their hold up play is shocking and everyone tells me i’m wrong, i say Bentancur and Hojberg cannot pass 5 yards without giving it away and again i am wrong. So what everyone is saying is its all the defences fault that we can’t keep hold of the ball and we keep losing the ball up top and in the midfield?

Lets not beat around the bush, we have been brick all season and have been fortunate in quite a lot of games, its clear the football is a disgrace yet no one is too blame other than the spacegoats? Sess, Royale, Sanchez, Doherty are always getting slated and players like Bentancur who had an absolute mare in the first half against Sporting gets a free pass because he is the new shiny toy? He has been no better than anyone else and his good things get highlighted and no one mentions the bad stuff where he losses the ball on a regular basis.

I rate a lot of the team but rating a player and not being happy with how they play are 2 different things. Every single player on that pitch have not been good enough for the majority of this season. I get frustrated watching this diabolical football and get fudged off watching fully grown men who get paid millions of pounds a year not being able to pass a ball 5 yards. If you are happy with it crack on but i will continue to vent my frustration on here until i’m happy with performances, this is after all kind of the point of a football forum.

There's a lot I could say but the bolded part sort of makes my argument for me. Calling it an exaggeration doesn't even come close...

Sporting on Wednesday, he was absolutely shocking along with Hojberg in that first half. I have been criticised in the past for moaning about Kane and Son and the way they lost the ball constantly and i have also said Hojberg and Bentacur have not been good enough but yet we still keep losing the ball and not being able to pass 5 yards to each other. I suppose everything that is wrong with our game at the moment is all on the defence and Son, Kane, Bentancur and Hojberg have nothing to do with us losing the ball every 5 minutes. Hojberg, Bentancur, Son and Kane are exactly what is wrong with this system. Non of them are what we need to play this way, so either we need players in that position that can or Conte needs to play to their strengths which is never going to happen.

Hojberg gets a free pass because he has scored a couple of goals and Bentancur gets a free pass because he is the new shiny toy.
Do you think part of the 'free passes' they earn are due to assists and goals that they score? Or presses they make? Or does the fact that they are not, in your opinion, in the top ten for the Ballon D'or mean they should be dropped?

Do you think part of the 'free passes' they earn are due to assists and goals that they score? Or presses they make? Or does the fact that they are not, in your opinion, in the top ten for the Ballon D'or mean they should be dropped?

Pity son only made 11th.

my fav player this season for little things like this:

Wait that video can't be right, I'm sure I remember reading on this very thread that he mainly just does the same thing that Winks always got pelters for, passing sideways and hiding.

To be fair to Hojberg, he has also had the odd zidane-esque moment this season too, which is lovely to see.

He’s such a key player for us at the moment.
Have Uruguay qualified for the WC or does he get a month off?
Edit: I see Uruguay will be there so unfortunately no break for one of our best players.

Last edited:
Wait that video can't be right, I'm sure I remember reading on this very thread that he mainly just does the same thing that Winks always got pelters for, passing sideways and hiding.

To be fair to Hojberg, he has also had the odd zidane-esque moment this season too, which is lovely to see.
Yep lets all watch one clip and forget about the rest of the brick we see on a weekly basis, not just from him but everyone. Perisic puts in a good cross and everyone says how he is a class above but doesn’t mention how many times he has been made look silly. Give the Sporting first half a watch, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Saudi Sportswashing Machine etc etc it may open some eyes.

Yep lets all watch one clip and forget about the rest of the brick we see on a weekly basis, not just from him but everyone. Perisic puts in a good cross and everyone says how he is a class above but doesn’t mention how many times he has been made look silly. Give the Sporting first half a watch, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Saudi Sportswashing Outfit etc etc it may open some eyes.

Hiya, not sure if I am doing DMs right but any chance you are able to see my private message? Thank you!

Yep lets all watch one clip and forget about the rest of the brick we see on a weekly basis, not just from him but everyone. Perisic puts in a good cross and everyone says how he is a class above but doesn’t mention how many times he has been made look silly. Give the Sporting first half a watch, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Saudi Sportswashing Outfit etc etc it may open some eyes.

It's a terrible ol' life of a Spurs fan these days isn't it, being subjected to the likes of Perisic, Bentancur and Son (another fav right?) on a weekly basis, having the audacity to not be absolutely perfect in every action on the pitch.

Thank fudge you're on here with your 20/20 vision to let the deluded masses see the truth, nothing worse than seeing fans appreciating players of their club..

It's a terrible ol' life of a Spurs fan these days isn't it, being subjected to the likes of Perisic, Bentancur and Son (another fav right?) on a weekly basis, having the audacity to not be absolutely perfect in every action on the pitch.

Thank fudge you're on here with your 20/20 vision to let the deluded masses see the truth, nothing worse than seeing fans appreciating players of their club..
It really is a shame that you cannot have a difference of opinion on here without someone crying about it.

It really is a shame that you cannot have a difference of opinion on here without someone crying about it.

It appears you've mixed up people not sharing your view with crying.

You're absolutely welcome to your opinions, if you are so hellbent on the validation of having others agree with you I'd advise adopting some less macaronic opinions.

its clear the football is a disgrace
Sorry but you really are a wum. We may not be playing that well without Kulu, but "disgrace"??? As I recall, Hugo's brainfart gave Saudi Sportswashing Machine their first...if you honestly think we are a "disgrace" this season, you are either deluded, or 14, or a wum.

Back