• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

I think he is overrated, he passes the ball forward to someone in danger who then has to play it back. Hojberg and Bentancur are not what we need to play this way, alot of it was sideways and backwards passing. A youth product who is now currently out on loan in Italy got pelters for doing what those 2 did in that first half.

If you think Harry Winks is in the same league as Bentancur, there's really nowhere to go with the argument. The guy scores more goals than Winks and you've got to watch what he does when he's forced back. He's always on the move for the return so he can go forward. Contrast that with Carragher's analysis of Winks in the Carabao Cup final against City and you'll see the difference. Winks had potential but never kicked on after that injury up at Burnley.

Kane? Really? He jogged around for the most part and done fudge all again.

The midfield is no where near good enough, the amount of times we have been in an attacking position, the ball is played back into midfield who then play it back to Dier and then encourage him to play back to Lloris is cirminal. Bentancur gets a lot of praise because he is a new toy and Hojberg is getting positives because he has chipped in with a few goals, long and short of it is they don’t play anywhere near quick enough and are 1 of the main reasons we give the ball away so much.

Kane and Dier have played pretty much every minute for us. Watching him, I'm betting he's been told to ease off because if we was to go full pelt in the games he's playing, he'd have pulled something by now and we have literally nothing to replace him with because Kulu and Richarlison are out. It's not lack of effort from Kane IMO, he's trying to keep himself in shape to play an unreasonable amount of games.

If you think Harry Winks is in the same league as Bentancur, there's really nowhere to go with the argument. The guy scores more goals than Winks and you've got to watch what he does when he's forced back. He's always on the move for the return so he can go forward. Contrast that with Carragher's analysis of Winks in the Carabao Cup final against City and you'll see the difference. Winks had potential but never kicked on after that injury up at Burnley.

Kane and Dier have played pretty much every minute for us. Watching him, I'm betting he's been told to ease off because if we was to go full pelt in the games he's playing, he'd have pulled something by now and we have literally nothing to replace him with because Kulu and Richarlison are out. It's not lack of effort from Kane IMO, he's trying to keep himself in shape to play an unreasonable amount of games.
Yet again someone on the forum taking what i am saying and twisting it to make it more than it is. I never compared him with Winks, i said they are both doing the same thing he got moaned at for doing. I think Bentancur is better than Winks but vastly overrated on here.

As for Kane, do you really think the last 3 managers have all said the same thing as he has been jogging around not doing much in a defensive sense since we pressed with Poch. Defending starts from the front and i think people are making excuses for these players about saving themselves for the world cup and managers telling them to go easy because of injury. Its top tier football, if you can’t put in a shift in fear of getting injured then you shouldn’t be playing.

I think he is overrated, he passes the ball forward to someone in danger who then has to play it back. Hojberg and Bentancur are not what we need to play this way, alot of it was sideways and backwards passing. A youth product who is now currently out on loan in Italy got pelters for doing what those 2 did in that first half.

Interesting. I have the other view, that Hojberg is the one holding back our midfield. If we play 3 in midfield, I feel Hojberg (DM) should be at the base while bissouma (destroyer) and Bentancur (AM) should be further forward.

Papering over cracks, he has been part of some of our worst performances we have seen from a Spurs team. He came on and done well but lets not act as if he has been world class all season.

Papering over cracks, he has been part of some of our worst performances we have seen from a Spurs team. He came on and done well but lets not act as if he has been world class all season.

Very few games he hasn’t played well in. My biggest criticism of him last season was he didn’t play well against the big teams. He’s been one of our better players in those games this season. The boy is absolute quality.

Really
What games do you mean?
Sporting on Wednesday, he was absolutely shocking along with Hojberg in that first half. I have been criticised in the past for moaning about Kane and Son and the way they lost the ball constantly and i have also said Hojberg and Bentacur have not been good enough but yet we still keep losing the ball and not being able to pass 5 yards to each other. I suppose everything that is wrong with our game at the moment is all on the defence and Son, Kane, Bentancur and Hojberg have nothing to do with us losing the ball every 5 minutes. Hojberg, Bentancur, Son and Kane are exactly what is wrong with this system. Non of them are what we need to play this way, so either we need players in that position that can or Conte needs to play to their strengths which is never going to happen.

Hojberg gets a free pass because he has scored a couple of goals and Bentancur gets a free pass because he is the new shiny toy.

Bencancur is better at passing than Hojberg. He is also better at getting into positions to receive the pass.
I know Hojberg plays higher for country and scores for us. But Benancur is outrunning hbim and proving that he can score too. Would like to see Conte deploy Hojberg lower as a screen in front of the CBs and have Bentancur spend more time as AM.

Back