• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

Dembele was a top player but for what ever reason he ( imo) promised far more then he offered. Bentacur has far more end product to his game. I accept that there will be many who may disagree with me but i always felt he flatterd to decieve on many occasions.
Dembele (eventually) was a tank that helped us gain control of the centre single handedly. Made up for a lack of end product for me.

Dembele was a top player but for what ever reason he ( imo) promised far more then he offered. Bentacur has far more end product to his game. I accept that there will be many who may disagree with me but i always felt he flatterd to decieve on many occasions.
His passing range was non existent but he could dribble well and was as strong as a tank. He helped us gain and keep possession but it was all done quite slowly.

Bentancur is far more ambitious in his passing. It does mean he missplaces quite a few but I'll take an progressive attempt that fails over a Winks (or Dembele) who play it safe 99% of the time.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Dembele with either of our current starting CMs would be a better pairing than what we currently have, you can swap Dembele for Wanyama in that sentence also - in a 2 Bentancur & Hojberg aren't really suited as a pair, should be one or the other with either a proper box to box or DM alongside

Last edited:
Dembele with either of our current starting CMs would be a better pairing than what we currently have, you can swap Dembele for Wanyama in that sentence also - in a 2 Bentancur & Hojberg aren't really suited as a pair, should be or the other with either a proper box to box or DM alongside
Bro we really are on the same wavelength so often. It's a bit scary. But then we disagree on Dier so all is well with the world. [emoji28]

Bro we really are on the same wavelength so often. It's a bit scary. But then we disagree on Dier so all is well with the world. [emoji28]

Great minds and all that...

What do we disagree with on Dier?

Was talking about him with someone recently and remembering the 16/17 season when he played most of the games of the season, fairly evenly split across DM, RCB in a 3 and CB in a 2 - if we get the upgrades at CCB & LCB I want to see by next season I'd like to see Dier back in that sort of utility role - would get plenty of games I'm sure

TOTW card on Fifa for those that way inclined, some well deserved recognition:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221103-074112.png
    Screenshot_20221103-074112.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Great minds and all that...

What do we disagree with on Dier?

Was talking about him with someone recently and remembering the 16/17 season when he played most of the games of the season, fairly evenly split across DM, RCB in a 3 and CB in a 2 - if we get the upgrades at CCB & LCB I want to see by next season I'd like to see Dier back in that sort of utility role - would get plenty of games I'm sure
I don't really rate him. He's not awful or anything but I think he makes a lot of positional mistakes especially in a 2 that mean I don't think he's the quality of starter we require. He's also pretty bad on the ball, notwithstanding the occasional long ball that look vaguely dangerous. He's a good squad option indeed but not a starter for me.

I don't really rate him. He's not awful or anything but I think he makes a lot of positional mistakes especially in a 2 that mean I don't think he's the quality of starter we require. He's also pretty bad on the ball, notwithstanding the occasional long ball that look vaguely dangerous. He's a good squad option indeed but not a starter for me.

Pretty much mirrors my views on Dier. He’s not someone I would want to lose as he can cover multiple positions but he’s not excellent in any of them. He can do them all to a passable standard, but I’m always baffled when people claim he’s our best CB and often call for him to be club captain.

I don’t like cutting posts down to size normally but only good on their day? Kane is soon to be our all time top scorer and Son has been one of the most productive outfield players in the Prem for 5-6 years. Tough crowd.

Also disagree re Bentancur. He’s mustard. Should be him and one other in CM. I think we’ve had this discussion before, but in any walk of life, people who are good at their jobs get more slack than people are less so.
I’m still trying to stop laughing at the comment about Kane’s hold up play being shocking! o_O

Dembele (eventually) was a tank that helped us gain control of the centre single handedly. Made up for a lack of end product for me.

Well as i said in my first post he fattered to decieve on many occasions ( he moved the ball forward and then on occasions turned back round and went backwards). He always left me with the feeling that he should have been a far better player then he actually showed. But as i said i am sure there are others who disagree.

Are you actually talking about Rodrigo Bentancu? If after his form this season you still do not rate Rodrigo Bentancur then all I can say is wow! I would very politely and respectfully request you consider getting your eyes tested.

Are you actually talking about Rodrigo Bentancu? If after his form this season you still do not rate Rodrigo Bentancur then all I can say is wow! I would very politely and respectfully request you consider getting your eyes tested.
I guess you just pick and choose what parts of the thread you read?:D

Sorry for the deraio. That was about Dier. I missed an earlier post about Bentancur if you want to know my thoughts on him. [emoji6]

A couple of months back (I think) I posted something in the direction of him needing to be at his best more of the time and showing his quality more often in games.

To me that's exactly what he's been doing recently. Nothing he's done recently has been more or better than what we already know he can do. But he's doing it more often. He looks very determined to take charge, do proactive things and his work rate has been absolutely tremendous.

This version of Bentancur is probably as good or better than any player we could realistically sign and I would have him over a lot of the players in midfield for our competitors in the league.

Long may it last. He has the quality to be dominant. Now go dominate some more please.

Fgv-LNaX0AArKLT

Great article - comme d'habitude - from The Guardian's Jonathan Liew, which refers to midfield partner Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg as "...a player who tears around the pitch with the sweaty frenzy of a man being chased by wild dogs while wearing bacon shorts".

An interesting continuation of food-based metaphors from this talented and clearly hungry writer, who once referred to the defending efforts of ManU's Harry Maguire thusly: "...whatever you may think of him now, Harry Maguire hasn't always defended like a man made of jam in a world made of wasps."

Fearless Rodrigo Bentancur keeps Tottenham ticking under pressure | Tottenham Hotspur | The Guardian

Back