• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

Fantastic again he is fast becoming one of my favourite players

He takes the right option so many times. Okay sometimes he goes back but I'd argue it's because he's either under pressure or has nothing in front of him to hit. But when he goes back, he's always on the move for a 1-2 to create that yard of space for himself to turn on the ball when he gets it back.

Absolutely love watching the fella. Amazed he doesn't get more plaudits. I guess what he does is underrated by the highlights/YouTube phalanx.

He takes the right option so many times. Okay sometimes he goes back but I'd argue it's because he's either under pressure or has nothing in front of him to hit. But when he goes back, he's always on the move for a 1-2 to create that yard of space for himself to turn on the ball when he gets it back.

Absolutely love watching the fella. Amazed he doesn't get more plaudits. I guess what he does is underrated by the highlights/YouTube phalanx.
His highlights should look immense as there are normally many

He needs better partners. Are Hojberg, Bissouma or Skipp on the same wavelength? Are they capable of playing the type of football he is? I'm very much beginning to doubt it.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

He needs better partners. Are Hojberg, Bissouma or Skipp on the same wavelength? Are they capable of playing the type of football he is? I'm very much beginning to doubt it.

I think Skipp has a chance but not sure if the two players have the right blend of attributes to play in a 2, although it was interesting to see him play as the more forward thinking midfielder on Sunday, for a first game back after a lengthy lay off it was promising

I did post a couple of games ago that I think Hojbjerg may be a difficult player to form a partnership, as he is quite unpredictable on and off the ball. Bissouma had a couple of good link ups in that particular, but when there's 3 of them in there it gets a bit too crowded. Skipp seems an intelligent footballer and linked up well with Kane a couple of times in the first half.

I did post a couple of games ago that I think Hojbjerg may be a difficult player to form a partnership, as he is quite unpredictable on and off the ball. Bissouma had a couple of good link ups in that particular, but when there's 3 of them in there it gets a bit too crowded. Skipp seems an intelligent footballer and linked up well with Kane a couple of times in the first half.

agree and i've referred to him as "hollywood hojberg" and "he plays when he wants" because he looks as if he engages with the team when he feels like it and isn't switched-on all the time. i think his unpredictability comes from that. If he's had a bad incident on the pitch with the ref or his shoe, he broods for a few minutes and ambles to his position despite what is happening on the pitch. sometimes we are in good position to counter attack and catch the opposition by surprise but he plays the safe ball back to the CBs because he looks like he just isn't in the mood for attack.

however when he switches on and is all-in, he is a good, physical player with an eye for an assist or goal. just that i think he's more "off" than "on" in most games. maybe its a conte instruction to slow down the game, as he looks switched on all the time when he plays for country.

agree and i've referred to him as "hollywood hojberg" and "he plays when he wants" because he looks as if he engages with the team when he feels like it and isn't switched-on all the time. i think his unpredictability comes from that. If he's had a bad incident on the pitch with the ref or his shoe, he broods for a few minutes and ambles to his position despite what is happening on the pitch. sometimes we are in good position to counter attack and catch the opposition by surprise but he plays the safe ball back to the CBs because he looks like he just isn't in the mood for attack.

however when he switches on and is all-in, he is a good, physical player with an eye for an assist or goal. just that i think he's more "off" than "on" in most games. maybe its a conte instruction to slow down the game, as he looks switched on all the time when he plays for country.
I think he is far more 'on' than 'off' and think he is anything but a Hollywood player, I would say the exact opposite in fact. He typically does the unseen, dirty work as opposed to the things that one naturally notices. At present with our midfield options he is an absolute nailed on starter if all are fit.

I think he is overrated, he passes the ball forward to someone in danger who then has to play it back. Hojberg and Bentancur are not what we need to play this way, alot of it was sideways and backwards passing. A youth product who is now currently out on loan in Italy got pelters for doing what those 2 did in that first half.

I think he is overrated, he passes the ball forward to someone in danger who then has to play it back. Hojberg and Bentancur are not what we need to play this way, alot of it was sideways and backwards passing. A youth product who is now currently out on loan in Italy got pelters for doing what those 2 did in that first half.
Weird…. I thought that Bentancur and Kane were the only two players to play with bravery yesterday. Bentancur hit good vertical passes on lots of occasions.

Weird…. I thought that Bentancur and Kane were the only two players to play with bravery yesterday. Bentancur hit good vertical passes on lots of occasions.
Kane? Really? He jogged around for the most part and done fudge all again.

The midfield is no where near good enough, the amount of times we have been in an attacking position, the ball is played back into midfield who then play it back to Dier and then encourage him to play back to Lloris is cirminal. Bentancur gets a lot of praise because he is a new toy and Hojberg is getting positives because he has chipped in with a few goals, long and short of it is they don’t play anywhere near quick enough and are 1 of the main reasons we give the ball away so much.

Kane looked knackered to me and was one of our weakest players. I’d be stunned if he has anything left in the tank
Bentacur is fudging class

Back