• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

When I was a kid and first started watching I could never understand why older people raved about Blanchflower, Mackay and Tommy Harmer were the blokes who caught the eye, was only when he retired I realised what an influence he was in the team. It's not always the blood and thunder players that make the team work.
If the internet was invented back then there would have been a thread - Danny Blanchflower - what does he do?

Didn’t have the pleasure of watching them but can empathise with one Michael Carrick. Never really thought he was amazing, until he left

As criminally underused for England as Hoddle was. Carrick was exactly the sort of midfielder Sven and Capello needed and they persevered with Gerrard and Lampard despite the fact that, great as they were, neither could dictate play. A frightening waste of talent and someone I find is underappreciated even by a lot of United fans. Probably because he wasn't the same style of player as Roy Keane whose blood and guts style of play sits better with a lot of fans. Carrick was a Rolls Royce of a player.

As criminally underused for England as Hoddle was. Carrick was exactly the sort of midfielder Sven and Capello needed and they persevered with Gerrard and Lampard despite the fact that, great as they were, neither could dictate play. A frightening waste of talent and someone I find is underappreciated even by a lot of United fans. Probably because he wasn't the same style of player as Roy Keane whose blood and guts style of play sits better with a lot of fans. Carrick was a Rolls Royce of a player.

..and he got better as he matured. Was often overlooked. From an era where we couldn't hold on to our best. How far we've come since the naughties.

Bentancur has a great engine on him. Increasingly seeing him join the strikers to press as an extra man and he has some pace on him too.
Always a bit of anticipation seeing him coming from deep and closing down fast.
Has good passing range and skill but sometimes still falters in the bread and butter passes, though I think the reason is because he runs himself ragged every game.

I really like him, when he plays well he’s excellent, but equally he can have some stinkers. If he can get consistency then we’ve got a real player.

with our current CM options it’s him plus 1 for CM for me and on current form that’s clearly Hojberg.

I really like him, when he plays well he’s excellent, but equally he can have some stinkers. If he can get consistency then we’ve got a real player.

with our current CM options it’s him plus 1 for CM for me and on current form that’s clearly Hojberg.
He is pretty consistent
You
Cab get a flavour for how well he, and therefore the team will play with his first few touches
He plays well, we play well. He creates the tempo

A travesty of a yellow card!
Absolutely, felt bad for him when he was arguing with the ref afterwards pleading his case. He got the ball, a bit unclean so I’m ok with a foul but you’re right, poor refereeing.
Bentancur has gotten a few yellow cards this season but he seems to keep his cool thankfully.

Back