• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

Remember someone (possibly Hoddle) describing Carrick as a washing machine, cause he always turned a dirty pass into a clean one.
Couldn’t remember if it was Pleat or Redknapp, but you might be right with it being Hoddle.

At the same time Jenas was described as a Rolls Royce of a player by the same manager, whoever it was!

Couldn’t remember if it was Pleat or Redknapp, but you might be right with it being Hoddle.

At the same time Jenas was described as a Rolls Royce of a player by the same manager, whoever it was!

Yeah could have been Pleat or Redknapp too... dont remember the Jenas Rolls Royce though :)

Saw quite a few negative comments about him in the match thread, but I thought this was another strong game from Bentancur - not just the well-taken goal (with a slice of good fortune) and the assist for Sonny's first, but more generally his positioning without the ball, and his sharp eye for the moment when a ball can be recovered.

Last edited:
Saw quite a few negative comments about him in the match thread, but I thought this was another strong game from Bentancur - not just the well-taken goal (with a slice of good fortune) and the assist for Sonny's second, but more generally his positioning without the ball, and his sharp eye for the moment when a ball can be recovered.
Agreed, thought he was great tonight. Wore white boots instead of black, seems like the fans aren't the only ones who are superstitious.

Broke up play with some decent tackles and interceptions as you said and also had a positive offensive contribution overall.

Saw quite a few negative comments about him in the match thread, but I thought this was another strong game from Bentancur - not just the well-taken goal (with a slice of good fortune) and the assist for Sonny's second, but more generally his positioning without the ball, and his sharp eye for the moment when a ball can be recovered.
The negative comments I’m assuming would have been to his first half performance, he was awful - I’ve never seen him give the ball away so much with his passes and also poor control.

However after no doubt a Conte rocket, he was fantastic second half and showed great mentality to up his performance so many gears. His goal was brilliant, after turning the ball over himself it was not an easy finish at all especially for someone who barely shoots. Also for Sons first goal it was him who again won the ball and put Son on his way. Brilliant second half, must of been close to Son for MoTM…..

Last edited:
Saw quite a few negative comments about him in the match thread, but I thought this was another strong game from Bentancur - not just the well-taken goal (with a slice of good fortune) and the assist for Sonny's first, but more generally his positioning without the ball, and his sharp eye for the moment when a ball can be recovered.

He is a top player and one we needed to for our CM. He is one of those players who does so much good stuff but is not always noticed. If he keeps this up i can see him becoming one of our REAL best midfield players. He will never be another Gazza or Ossie but he is important as the likes of Perryman, Hazard etc. he reminds me a lot of what Modric was when he first came here.

The negative comments I’m assuming would have been to his first half performance, he was awful - I’ve never seen him give the ball away so much with his passes and also poor control.

However after no doubt a Conte rocket, he was fantastic second half and showed great mentality to up his performance so many gears. His goal was brilliant, after turning the ball over himself it was not an easy finish at all especially for someone who barely shorts. Also for Sons first goal it was him who again won the ball and put Son on his way. Brilliant second half, must of been close to Son for MoTM…..

Yeah, before his goal he was having a shocker.

I think they are both ok in the system but I don’t think either of them are world beaters. Skipp and Bissouma partnership would be great to see.

I think they are both ok in the system but I don’t think either of them are world beaters. Skipp and Bissouma partnership would be great to see.

Possibly, quick forward passing to release the break is key though, they’ve both been quite good at that so far.

I was disappointed with his performance in Portugal, so was great to see Bentancur on it yesterday. Felt like there had been a lot of analysis by the team post Lisbon and both Conte and Bentancur upped their game (Conte with subs and selection), Bentancur with activity and responsibility.

After Perisic and Kane, Bentancur is the only other technical player who can consistently craft beautiful passes. His goal was perfectly placed. If Bentancur plays well, so do we. He’s a pivotal player. But he’s not always consistent. At 25 it’s his time to step up and dominate games each week. The ability is there.

He is a top player and one we needed to for our CM. He is one of those players who does so much good stuff but is not always noticed. If he keeps this up i can see him becoming one of our REAL best midfield players. He will never be another Gazza or Ossie but he is important as the likes of Perryman, Hazard etc. he reminds me a lot of what Modric was when he first came here.

When I was a kid and first started watching I could never understand why older people raved about Blanchflower, Mackay and Tommy Harmer were the blokes who caught the eye, was only when he retired I realised what an influence he was in the team. It's not always the blood and thunder players that make the team work.

When I was a kid and first started watching I could never understand why older people raved about Blanchflower, Mackay and Tommy Harmer were the blokes who caught the eye, was only when he retired I realised what an influence he was in the team. It's not always the blood and thunder players that make the team work.

Didn’t have the pleasure of watching them but can empathise with one Michael Carrick. Never really thought he was amazing, until he left

" Pass the hot milk Danny" what a player.

Think when judging him or Hojberg it’s good to remember they are playing against the odds. They would both look better with Bissouma alongside them.
Not sure that would be the case until bissouma gets up to speed with contes set up
There is a reason why both start and neither really needed time to adapt

Back