• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Official - Soldado

No prove of that all.
Valencia wanted 30 euro (26m) his release fee.
There's no way they settled for 13m and add ons.

Only proof of the story is some Metro article translated a Valencia radio station story.
I bet its a mistranslation and the 13m upfront is Spurs playing 13m upfront and the the other 13m in installments.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...Roberto-Soldado-vows-to-repay-fans-faith.html

"Even Soldado’s fee – at £26 million – is not as high as it appears, breaking down into £13 million plus a further £13 million if targets and incentives are met."

I will ask again in this thread but does anyone find it odd how he kicks the ball into the ground when shooting even when he is in the 6 yard box, it seems a deliberate ploy of his and i find it odd. Is this how they teach striker coaching. Not be arsey here i just wonder because back in the day when i did it we were never told this. Keep your head over the ball but never shoot into the ground.

He has some nice general play skill and can hold the ball up well, but im slightly concerned with his general technique.

If executed properly, this can be a very good type of finishing when close to the goal. Most goalkeepers will expect a low finish in these situations - if the ball bounces and hits the target, it is likely that the goalie is on his way down, and the ball will be out of his reach. Same concept that applies to headers - head it into the ground a few feet in front of the goalie, and it will most likely bounce over him and into the net.

Unfortunatly Soldado's finishes have very rarely been executed properly for us. Maybe he should try the easier option to get much needed goals.

If executed properly, this can be a very good type of finishing when close to the goal. Most goalkeepers will expect a low finish in these situations - if the ball bounces and hits the target, it is likely that the goalie is on his way down, and the ball will be out of his reach. Same concept that applies to headers - head it into the ground a few feet in front of the goalie, and it will most likely bounce over him and into the net.

Unfortunatly Soldado's finishes have very rarely been executed properly for us. Maybe he should try the easier option to get much needed goals.

Maybe this is how they coach them these days. I am going to watch more closely to see how other strikers do it.

I thought he played reasonably well last night. Had a good finish for the disallowed goal which was just pure instinct and swept into the corner. Was unlucky with a couple of other efforts. He is working hard, maybe trying too hard but at least he is still getting into the right positions. It would be a concern if he was hiding and shying away from being anywhere near where the chances are going to be.

I thought he played reasonably well last night. Had a good finish for the disallowed goal which was just pure instinct and swept into the corner. Was unlucky with a couple of other efforts. He is working hard, maybe trying too hard but at least he is still getting into the right positions. It would be a concern if he was hiding and shying away from being anywhere near where the chances are going to be.

Have to agree fully with this. He's making every effort to be in the right place at the right time and he will get it right, I've got more faith in him than I every had in JD and look how many goals he scored for us.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...Roberto-Soldado-vows-to-repay-fans-faith.html

"Even Soldado’s fee – at £26 million – is not as high as it appears, breaking down into £13 million plus a further £13 million if targets and incentives are met."
Valencia could not be seen to sell their player for less than the buy out or their fans would lynch the board - the board were desperate for money - Levy wants to look like he spent top dollar for a striker.... bish bash bosh.

I thought they played in each other's way for most of the game - if Eriksen is right up there with them we need them to work out how to make different runs... one should be wider, one in the middle, not both trying to tackle each other

yeah this. the goals will come.

I think his performances generally have been good, which is surprising as he isnt that renowned for his link up play and his ability outside of the box. The chances he is missing are ridiculous but we all know he has proven his ability to finish off chances so I guess it is just bad luck and a confidence issue.

I genuinely do think the goals will come as he is just getting chances galore and as they say, one lucky bounce off his **** will do the trick.

Roberto Soldado, 28, could be offered an escape route from Tottenham after just one disappointing season. Atletico Madrid are considering the misfiring Spurs forward as a cut-price summer replacement for in-demand 25-year-old striker Diego Costa.

Full story: Daily Mirror

How about he is part of a deal that brings Costa to us, then we could be talking

I've seen enough from Soldado this season to believe that he's a good player having a bad season. It happens sometimes... just unfortunate that it's happened the year he moved to Spurs. I'd stick with him for another season personally, but I could also understand the club wanting to recoup the money they paid for him if they get a good enough offer.

I think we have to accept that our main problem this season has been Soldado's lack of goals. Just imagine if he had been firing on all cylinders, we would be near the top of the league and AVB would still be the manager. Instead, his lack of goals has cost AVB and we are struggling to stay in the top 4 race. After spending so much money on him, AVB has no choice but to keep playing Soldado as his no.1 striker. But that has cost AVB dearly.

I think we have to accept that our main problem this season has been Soldado's lack of goals. Just imagine if he had been firing on all cylinders, we would be near the top of the league and AVB would still be the manager. Instead, his lack of goals has cost AVB and we are struggling to stay in the top 4 race. After spending so much money on him, AVB has no choice but to keep playing Soldado as his no.1 striker. But that has cost AVB dearly.

AVB is as much to contribute to soldado's lack of form as soldado is IMO

the tactics / tempo / formation adopted completely contradicted the requirements of soldado's needs that would have enabled him to perform.

Having said that soldado doesnt actually seem to know how to adapt his game as a lone striker in the premier league. For that i blame him for his drought also

both people contributed to the form and low confidence we are seeing right now in soldado

not sure I agree with that AS, I think the plan was sound just that the midfield weren't canny enough to find him

we scored a lot of goals last season from little slip passes through to a striker making a run behind the d line, similar to the disallowed goal on Thursday

I think same setup with VDV and/or Modric for example would have been incredibly fruitful

not sure I agree with that AS, I think the plan was sound just that the midfield weren't canny enough to find him

we scored a lot of goals last season from little slip passes through to a striker making a run behind the d line, similar to the disallowed goal on Thursday

I think same setup with VDV and/or Modric for example would have been incredibly fruitful

last season soldado wasnt here, things went okay-ish for the front man when it comes to supply and delivery.
this season he is and we cant even find a striker when he plays up front on his own

flash back to under AVB and soldado on his own .......what was the result? A barren spell and eye drying spectacle with little front play from the striker who seemed to be missing like defoe in the distant past...
bring it forward to Ade as a lone striker under sherwood and the guys is scoring goals and we are getting chances

the disallowed goal on thursday am i right in saying we had TWO forward players as opposed to one? and again this is under sherwood who plays a different tactic and different tempo and a different personell selection

soldado and AVB contributed to soldado's confidence drop IMO

edit:- if you yourself were playing up front on your own and the midifeld couldnt find you..what would you do personally?

Back