• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Official - Soldado

Maybe it'll click but we can't afford to wait. Cut our losses in the summer and go for a younger player with potential. Or Remy.

BhLPjOYIAAAe77k.jpg

the goals designed for Soldado to train with:lol:

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/872239286B1049424048251461632_1b391fe5e35.4.8.2361 115350734938470.mp4?versionId=FrYWaZSnn02uU505r3C9 yJCqzdQsEI_f[/video]

good link up with Ade, but why is Soldado trying to be so precise and aim for the top corner. I reckon if he just aims for the keeper he will have better luck

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/872239286B1049424048251461632_1b391fe5e35.4.8.2361 115350734938470.mp4?versionId=FrYWaZSnn02uU505r3C9 yJCqzdQsEI_f[/video]

good link up with Ade, but why is Soldado trying to be so precise and aim for the top corner. I reckon if he just aims for the keeper he will have better luck

Dunno, but if that was Defoe then it would be sat in the bottom corner...
Hell, at the moment, if that was my nephew it'd be sat in the bottom corner.

He has skills yes, but my GHod is he devoid of any confidence. And yet we do not play Defoe instead, who it must be said may get caught offside a few times but he does know where and how to put it in the net.

At this point, I think even a goal won't give him confidence.

Could be. He reminds me a bit of Torres, looks good in many other aspects of play, but can't get back to it in front of goal. Whenever Torres scores one the commentators start talking about him returning to form, but it just isn't happening.

Obviously Soldado hasn't been struggling as long as Torres and he hasn't had a chance to see a couple go in and revive himself, but right now it's not looking good.

If I was Sherwood I'd consider starting him against Dnipro and Cardiff. Alongside Ade for the Cardiff game. Tell him tomorrow. You get these games no matter what Roberto, I trust you. I know you're ****ing awesome.

Could be. He reminds me a bit of Torres, looks good in many other aspects of play, but can't get back to it in front of goal. Whenever Torres scores one the commentators start talking about him returning to form, but it just isn't happening.

Obviously Soldado hasn't been struggling as long as Torres and he hasn't had a chance to see a couple go in and revive himself, but right now it's not looking good.

If I was Sherwood I'd consider starting him against Dnipro and Cardiff. Alongside Ade for the Cardiff game. Tell him tomorrow. You get these games no matter what Roberto, I trust you. I know you're ****ing awesome.
and if you **** up your on the bench for the rest of the season. No pressure ;)

Sounds daft but I think he is trying too hard now. Sunday is probably the best chance to refind his mojo. I would start Adebayor on Thursday night and Soldado v Cardiff.
Hull scored 4 in the Welsh teams own backyard yesterday, if Soldado cant bag a goal at home to them, its never going to happen, ffs eveb Jake Livermore scored against Cardiff

We started playing better when he came on today, I think he should have started personally as we've had success with a 4-4-2 against the weaker teams in the league this season.

The ironic thing is that he was signed as a "fox in the box", and the team were blamed in the early part of the season for not providing a good service to him, yet now we're giving him chances his link up play is actually pretty good but his finishing is crap.

I don't know what the cure is. Perhaps it's a confidence thing. Maybe he'll score the winners at Anfield, Stamford Bridge and in the NLD and we'll all love him.

Agree completely he needs to know Tim trusts him.

We started playing better when he came on today, I think he should have started personally as we've had success with a 4-4-2 against the weaker teams in the league this season.

The ironic thing is that he was signed as a "fox in the box", and the team were blamed in the early part of the season for not providing a good service to him, yet now we're giving him chances his link up play is actually pretty good but his finishing is crap.

I don't know what the cure is. Perhaps it's a confidence thing. Maybe he'll score the winners at Anfield, Stamford Bridge and in the NLD and we'll all love him.

What I thought as it relied more on our wingers getting forward instead of our full backs who always end up high up the pitch and out of position.

Maybe I'm crazy but I love this guy. You can see the quality is there he just needs a break. His vision is exceptional and he could form an awesome partnership with Ade. Sad to see the ****e he gets on twitter but hope we stick by him.

One goal won't do it now. His confidence is so low that he needs more than a few breaks to go his way. A few easy goals and a pen or two just to even rekindlie the embers.

As far as I'm concerned, I would start him for every game now for the rest of the season. Well, every game in which we can play 2 strikers. I wouldn't play 2 up top against any of the top 4.

I think our season is over and if we play Soldado in every game, perhaps he can play his way in to form. I'd love him to be ready for the start of next season. I would do likewise with Lamela, if he ever recovers from injury.

As far as I'm concerned, I would start him for every game now for the rest of the season. Well, every game in which we can play 2 strikers. I wouldn't play 2 up top against any of the top 4.

I think our season is over and if we play Soldado in every game, perhaps he can play his way in to form. I'd love him to be ready for the start of next season. I would do likewise with Lamela, if he ever recovers from injury.

I get that. What's the worse that's gonna happen now? Why not just play him and give him plenty of time to get his gaol scoring boots on

I think Soldado will get our late equaliser at Stamford Bridge and then go on a run, including two against the Goons....

8-[

100% agree

Back