• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Official - Soldado

Maybe I'm crazy but I love this guy. You can see the quality is there he just needs a break. His vision is exceptional and he could form an awesome partnership with Ade. Sad to see the ****e he gets on twitter but hope we stick by him.

The funny part is after the dross of a match today, people will think the problem with the side is him.

If he smashed that ball into the net and we had somehow got a winner after, it only papers over the cracks, dreadful performance from team and manager

The funny part is after the dross of a match today, people will think the problem with the side is him.

If he smashed that ball into the net and we had somehow got a winner after, it only papers over the cracks, dreadful performance from team and manager

I actually saw it exactly the same as you, Soldado coming on gave us the only chances we had and I really believe playing two up top against Norwich from the start would have caused them problems.

Yeh the shot stank but his intro lifted what was the worst performance I have seen in yonks

His head is shattered, to me it looks like he is snatching at every shooting chance he gets. Like yesterday he has to go across the keeper at worst he forces a save and rebound chance you are taught this as a schoolboy. You can tell he has zero belief he will score at the moment. Even that header was a decent chance that a top notch striker should put away. Realistically we don't have much to play for the rest of the season besides trying to win Europa League 4th is a pipedream BUT until we are officially out of it we cannot use him he offers no chance of goals. I am not saying Kane is a better striker but at the moment he or anyone else has a better chance of hitting the back of the net!

His head is shattered, to me it looks like he is snatching at every shooting chance he gets. Like yesterday he has to go across the keeper at worst he forces a save and rebound chance you are taught this as a schoolboy. You can tell he has zero belief he will score at the moment. Even that header was a decent chance that a top notch striker should put away. Realistically we don't have much to play for the rest of the season besides trying to win Europa League 4th is a pipedream BUT until we are officially out of it we cannot use him he offers no chance of goals. I am not saying Kane is a better striker but at the moment he or anyone else has a better chance of hitting the back of the net!

That is the worrying thing for me, he's not even working the Keeper when chances fall his way which is criminal for a center forward playing in the premier league.

The question is, will he end like Torres? A complete shadow of the player he once was?

Unlike Torres, Soldado isn't ****ed physically. Torres can no longer play the same way as he did in his prime.

Not sure if there's time to sort it out this season. We'll probably have to wait for the next one if we want to see Soldado in form again.

He isn't.

And it was £13m up front. Unlikely to get anywhere near £26m atm.

He shouldn't be bashed by the (incorrect) price tag.

No prove of that all.
Valencia wanted 30 euro (26m) his release fee.
There's no way they settled for 13m and add ons.

Only proof of the story is some Metro article translated a Valencia radio station story.
I bet its a mistranslation and the 13m upfront is Spurs playing 13m upfront and the the other 13m in installments.

He isn't.

And it was £13m up front. Unlikely to get anywhere near £26m atm.

He shouldn't be bashed by the (incorrect) price tag.

Maybe not but he deserves all the bashing he gets. Earlier in the season he was not getting the chances. Now he is getting on average two good chances a game and he is not even hitting the target. He has been rested and dropped and has still not come back into the team without the weight on his shoulders.

When a chance falls to him i have very little faith he will put it away. Everyone says give him a chance it will come, next game, next game. But every game he gets chances and wastes them. Everyone berates JD but he is pretty good at hitting the target. I miss him already.

Maybe not but he deserves all the bashing he gets. Earlier in the season he was not getting the chances. Now he is getting on average two good chances a game and he is not even hitting the target. He has been rested and dropped and has still not come back into the team without the weight on his shoulders.

When a chance falls to him i have very little faith he will put it away. Everyone says give him a chance it will come, next game, next game. But every game he gets chances and wastes them. Everyone berates JD but he is pretty good at hitting the target. I miss him already.

JD would have been sliding in at the back post and missing the ball by inches on the chances that Soldado failed with the other day. At least sOldado was in the right position already.

I'm not convinced by Soldado yet and not sure which way he will turn out but he has shown levels at Valencia that are way above anything JD or Keane or Crouch could ever have contemplated and at least he is in the right places to make the mistakes rather than being 6 inches away or totally lost.

He hasn't delivered what was expected, but none of our new signings really have and most of our older signings have seemingly gone backwards (e.g. verts, Lloris, Lennon). So is the problem with the player or the club?

The transfer fee is nothing to do with him as such. He obviously created the value by his successful play elsewhere but he doesn't determine the transfer value so not sure why he (or any player) gets shafted by the value for money thing (have a pop at Levy or Bladini for the 26million).

And interesting to see various posters who have had a pop at others for belittling the manager through name-calling doing the same with Soldado and Paulinho amongst others ........

The transfer fee is disappointing but let's be honest even if it was Kane wasting all of these chances he would be getting berated and rightfully so. The transfer fee is completely irrelevant at this point the fact he cannot score in a Thai ***** house is the issue!

The transfer fee is disappointing but let's be honest even if it was Kane wasting all of these chances he would be getting berated and rightfully so. The transfer fee is completely irrelevant at this point the fact he cannot score in a Thai ***** house is the issue!

Not as far as I'm concerned. You spend that money on someone of Soldado's experience you expect him to hit the target.

I think it'll turn around for him eventually. I know this might sound stupid, but coming from the Jan Vertonghen thread to write this, I love the way Soldado celebrates us scoring. It at least means that he cares. He wants to improve. And although his finishing has been absolute dire this season, he'll come good eventually. He will. :)

I think it'll turn around for him eventually. I know this might sound stupid, but coming from the Jan Vertonghen thread to write this, I love the way Soldado celebrates us scoring. It at least means that he cares. He wants to improve. And although his finishing has been absolute dire this season, he'll come good eventually. He will. :)

Check in this thread but about 4 or 5 gives I finally gave up with him, I have no doubt the lad is trying his hardest (maybe thats the problem) but he's not cut out for the premier league.

There was another moment yesterday which confirmed my feelings the ball was played into the box Soldado was between two players and he didnt attempt to use his strength to at least try and win the header, Norwich cleared it and Ade jumped up then the ball went to Ruddy. In those few seconds of play it proved to me Soldado just hasnt got the belief to use his body to win the ball. Time and time again we hear players say the premier league is such a physical league, I dont think Soldado has got over that and I dont think he ever will.

I would now give up on him and use Kane, I would put money on it if Kane had got those two chances yesterday one of them would have gone in. I agree its a big if but if Kane had made the same runs/movement as Soldado yesterday it would have been a different result.

Awaits the backlash from the above statement :lol:

He looks like a man who, every time he's about to shoot, thinks to himself 'this isn't going in'.
Imagine that. Apply it to your daily life. Then imagine thousands of people standing watching you, all of whom will jeer if you don't succeed.
Spiral of doom.

The reality with this guy is he was excellent in Spain. Hasn't worked here. Longer it goes on, worse he gets. If the reports are true that we paid £13m up front and the other £13m haven't yet kicked-in, I'd flog him in the summer for as close as we can get to £13m and put it down to experience.

I still can't quite believe that we managed to spend the Bale money on a group of players, all of whom have been disappointing, some extremely so.
What's particularly gutting is that with a better squad than Liverpool and United having the mother of all 'transitional' seasons, this was the best chance we're likely to have for many years to come to finish fourth and sort the squad out. Finish 5th, the big names will go, the crap players will be sold and we're back to 2005 again.

We were playing with 10 men plus Soldado last night. Nothing about his game suggests there's an improvement coming.
It looks like he'd rather not be there at the moment. Just wish he'd acknowledge the players around him, comes across as very arrogant which is fine when he's putting chances away but makes up him look a fool when he can't hit a barn door.
Right now I'd rather see Kane get a run of games.

I really wanted LOLfaildo to do well, as he was an established player rather than the hopeful young punts we usually take. Right now he looks the most dismal big money forward signing since Postiga though.

So, did anyone see the disallowed goal he had last night?

That is the type of finisher i think we will have if we keep our faith in him

We saw it in his goal against Villa and the excellent finish yesterday.

Spain to England is a big step, some take it instantly and some dont. I have absolutely faith he will become an asset if we give him time.

And to the people giving players off form negative nicknames like Loldado and such: **** off! Try supporting our players, not ****ing on them

I will ask again in this thread but does anyone find it odd how he kicks the ball into the ground when shooting even when he is in the 6 yard box, it seems a deliberate ploy of his and i find it odd. Is this how they teach striker coaching. Not be arsey here i just wonder because back in the day when i did it we were never told this. Keep your head over the ball but never shoot into the ground.

He has some nice general play skill and can hold the ball up well, but im slightly concerned with his general technique.

Back