• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Official - Soldado

AVB is as much to contribute to soldado's lack of form as soldado is IMO

the tactics / tempo / formation adopted completely contradicted the requirements of soldado's needs that would have enabled him to perform.

Having said that soldado doesnt actually seem to know how to adapt his game as a lone striker in the premier league. For that i blame him for his drought also

both people contributed to the form and low confidence we are seeing right now in soldado

I'd go with your first reasoning as opposed to the second.

It's abundantly clear that Soldado is lacking confidence, but i wouldn't agree that it's due to him struggling to adapt his game to the Premier League, if that was the case then he wouldn't be receiving the chances he has been of late where it'll be easier to score than it is to miss. His positioning and overall game seem to be fine, which for me suggests he has adapted to the Premier League, what is lacking is confidence which is why he is missing these chances. For me, like you suggest, his lack of confidence is more than likely down to AVB's tenure as manager where he was starved of opportunities due to various factors and therefore as a result his confidence has gradually dwindled down to what we see today.

I'd go with your first reasoning as opposed to the second.

It's abundantly clear that Soldado is lacking confidence, but i wouldn't agree that it's due to him struggling to adapt his game to the Premier League, if that was the case then he wouldn't be receiving the chances he has been of late where it'll be easier to score than it is to miss. His positioning and overall game seem to be fine, which for me suggests he has adapted to the Premier League, what is lacking is confidence which is why he is missing these chances. For me, like you suggest, his lack of confidence is more than likely down to AVB's tenure as manager where he was starved of opportunities due to various factors and therefore as a result his confidence has gradually dwindled down to what we see today.

adaot his game as a LONE striker.....under AVB's tutelage

when there is another player up top with him to distract people its much easier

I've given him plenty of sh1t, but well pleased for him -- you can tell it meant a lot to him to notch that. Let's hope he can get on a run.

His first, of hopefully many, league goal from open open play at WHL!

https://vine.co/v/MKl3YjH2b0b
[vine]MKl3YjH2b0b[/vine]

@premierleague: PHOTO Roberto Soldado nets his first #BPL goal since December 29 & his second from open play this season #TOTCAR
BhvPZvDCYAE3afx.jpg

It was good to see Adebayor calling everyone over to celebrate with him

This guy can do no wrong in my eyes lately, he is turning into the ultimate club man !!!

The lane erupted when he bagged, was the only bit of quality today

Despite it all Soldado is our leading scorer in all competitions. If he ends the season well, he could have a respectable tally of goals.

Love that Big Bad Ade loves Soldado. Hopefully this is the start of something beautiful. Just in time as well.

When he scores the winner at Chelsea, the media will be going apeschit. They'll be backtracking on Sherwood, too and piling the pressure on Arsenal.

Back