• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

2 questions.

1. Has Soldado ever started 2 games in a row for Spurs yet (post AVB)?
2. Has he ever started a game after scoring a goal in a previous one? (post AVB)?

No idea, but this season he hasnt had a consistent run of games...

Agreed! And lets face it folks, we ain't gonna make top four this season are we! Chelsea, City, Arsenal will take three of them as per usual. Then the usual suspects of Man U, Liverpool, Everton will be there or thereabouts and throw in a potential curve ball team who might hang around long enough to make it interesting - we're gonna struggle with the form we're in.

So lets stop worrying about 4th (or even a 5th/6th Europa place) and, as Kaboom has said, give Soldado a proper chance with a full run in the team. None of this in the 11 one week and out the next, 60mins here and there crap. I know some will argue he's had a "proper chance", but for me it's still been to sporadic to really give the guy a real chance.

If they are going to be in the mix then so are we. Man U are doing well whilst not convincing, Liverpool are only ahead on GD and Everton are behind us. We need to improve but we havent done badly enough to not have a chance of getting top 4....

2 questions.

2. Has he ever started a game after scoring a goal in a previous one? (post AVB)?

1. Yes, he started alongside Ade numerous times under Sherwood. Most recently under Poch he started away to Hull and then at home to Everton the following Sunday.

2. Post AVB he's scored three goals, the first one was at home to Stoke from the spot, he started the following game away to Utd. The next two goals he was dropped the next game, coincidentally both games were away to Chelsea.

2 questions.

On question 2 its pretty irrelevant as he scores once every few months lol As Raziel said Poch really has no choice but to play him or Ade until we get in a new striker so we are basically hoping against hope one of them starts firing (I am not optimistic)

after his goal against everton which was well taken and not a tap in, I was willing to think that was what he needed to regain his confidence, he's missed some good chances again since, he probably won't start against swansea as he played in turkey, he has to go, if we don't sell him, we won't get anything at the next xfer window

Was it that good a finish, personally think the keeper should have saved it so close to his body

Was it that good a finish, personally think the keeper should have saved it so close to his body

have to say i agree with this

but 99% of the times no one quibs about those kinds of finishes. so we probably shouldnt do so here

he shot , it went in..praise GHod

Shaped his body to go near post and then went across the keeper into the corner. What more do people want?? We see those go in all the time in football and often there's only an inch or so to spare.

Its unfortunate as he seems like a decent bloke, but to me Soldado will never work here at Spurs. It's a mixture of system, confidence, bad luck and mis-management. We should really be looking to cut our losses and move on, he'll most likely go on to be a relative success again if he goes back to Spain.

if he gets stick for the ones that are nearly saved he should get credit for the ones he nearly scores as well right?

The amount of excuses in this thread trying to create theories about why it isn't his fault that he keeps missing chance after chance.

Hey there's always today and his could be hi

LOL

where is he getting stick from? what a brother cant say "oooooo you played it through the keepers body. phew that was close"

Last edited:
Surprised not even one post discussing his misses on Saturday???

For all the moans and groans - had he scored when he was clear through, we would be celebrating a hard fought win... Yes - our defence is poor and our midfield has lots of problems. But how long can a team carry a useless centre forward who can only be measured in terms of goals scored ...

There's the flaw in your premise.

There's the flaw in your premise.

Now I know that once you nail your flag to the mast you will defend (or denigrate) a player irrespective of what he does on the pitch and, I am probably wasting my time in asking... but can you - most kindly - tell us what the f*** did Soldado contribute today? Absolutely nothing! Was it a surprise the team solidified when he was hauled off and Kane moved into the CF position? We had been effectively playing with 10 men for 60 minutes

Scott Parker (remember him, your favourite player?) contributed a hundred times more to the team than Soldado has done, with his supposedly greater skill ...

I was as keen as anyone for him to succeed but he is a dud, mate. Our Fernando Torres. No amount of wishing him to turn the corner, or attempting to justify the unjustifiable simply to defend your position, will change that.

I think you have to judge player based on the job they are meant to be doing.
I have no doubt we bought Soldado to score goals. I expect had we known he wasn't going to score any and we would have to justify his inclusion on his link up play we would have bought another striker -or someone who is known for their link up play.

After all, if it was a goalkeeper can you imagine people saying don't worry about all the goals the goalkeeper is letting in, his distribution is exceptional. No. He'd get to sit on the bench for several seasons while we tried to offload him --oh hold on....

Now I know that once you nail your flag to the mast you will defend (or denigrate) a player irrespective of what he does on the pitch and, I am probably wasting my time in asking...

I've changed my mind on a number of players.

Dembele, Adebaygluefactory, Benny to name three recent ones.

but can you - most kindly - tell us what the f*** did Soldado contribute today?

Don't know, I haven't seen the match yet. I was merely making the point that if you selectively find one bit of the game that a particular player is currently struggling with and use that and only that to judge them then you'll come to the conclusion you already decided you wanted to come to.

What I do know is that our attacking play looks much better with him on the pitch than with any alternative or with Kane on his own.

Absolutely nothing! Was it a surprise the team solidified when he was hauled off and Kane moved into the CF position? We had been effectively playing with 10 men for 60 minutes

Of course it's not a surprise that we look more solid when we replace a forward with a midfielder or defender (which was it?). That's the whole reason for doing that!

Scott Parker (remember him, your favourite player?) contributed a hundred times more to the team than Soldado has done, with his supposedly greater skill ...

:ross:

I'd forgotten you were the little Shetland pony's mum. If giving our defence danger passes is your thing then I suppose he contributed plenty.

I was as keen as anyone for him to succeed but he is a dud, mate. Our Fernando Torres. No amount of wishing him to turn the corner, or attempting to justify the unjustifiable simply to defend your position, will change that.

He may be a dud, he may be the greatest striker we've ever had. Until we've given him a settled run and until we stop measuring him on whatever fits the pass/fail we've already chosen it's a little premature making silly claims.

On balance, I don't think he will make it with us but to proclaim that he certainly won't at this stage would make me a fool at best.

Back