• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Also clarky my old fiend(not a miss spelling) AVB ruined him at the start. Though I stand by my assessment that he is now broken and needs taking out the back and shooting. Best thing for him all round, just do not let him do the shooting himself because he would probably miss.

Save your bullets Chich we need his goals. ;) He has worked hard and he has come close. Keep giving him the chances he will score the goals. If midfielders can drive forward, fellow strikers can maintain the good movement then opportunities to play one or the other in will come along. They'll keep scoring. It is great though that we have maintained the support. Long may it continue for everyone in a Spurs shirt. If we can work that hard, can tighten things up at the back then we have enough talent and energy to improve things. Such an open season. January could be crucial but we have December to really try to consolidate things.

I'd say we keep that back 4 as apart from a wonder goal, they were quite solid.

Chadli gives us a lot of freedom with regards to rotation. If we want to call the formation a wonky, then he can do the job of either the #10 behind Soldado or Kane or as the winger on the right. Lamela can also be both the wide winger as well as the Asian glossy starling (Eriksen's position).

Edit: For some reason in verted winger automatically comes out as Asian glossy Starling

Last edited:
It's fantastic how the crowd have always been behind him 100%. Really happy to see him score and it obviously meant a lot.

He's such a clever player and works really hard. We know enough about vintage strikers to have better judgement than the brainless pundits.

So happy for Bobby and the way he has been supported by the fans home and away has been a credit. I can't imagine how low he has felt, especially after Partizan. The way he took his goal against Everton was sheer class. Hopefully the flood gates will open.

He's such a clever player and works really hard. We know enough about vintage strikers to have better judgement than the brainless pundits.

I think this is the reason our support has been so patient with him, the desire, ability and work rate has been evident despite his lack of goals. Contrast this with treatment of Ade, who can appear languid and disinterested when things aren't going for him.

As you say, it says our lot about the judgment of ourt fans despite our (not entirely unmerited) reputation for being unsupportive towards players who are going through tough spells.

I'd say we keep that back 4 as apart from a wonder goal, they were quite solid.

Chadli gives us a lot of freedom with regards to rotation. If we want to call the formation a wonky, then he can do the job of either the #10 behind Soldado or Kane or as the winger on the right. Lamela can also be both the wide winger as well as the Asian glossy starling (Eriksen's position).

Edit: For some reason in verted winger automatically comes out as Asian glossy Starling

I don't think that Chadli can do the job of the winger on the right. The gameplan we had yesterday necessitated our two wide players having to do a huge amount of work defensively. I am yet to see any evidence that Chadli has the desire to do this. I am also unconvinced that he has the workrate required to play where Kane did yesterday. Although I guess he does deserve a chance at some point so that we can find out.

I think this is the reason our support has been so patient with him, the desire, ability and work rate has been evident despite his lack of goals. Contrast this with treatment of Ade, who can appear languid and disinterested when things aren't going for him.

As you say, it says our lot about the judgment of ourt fans despite our (not entirely unmerited) reputation for being unsupportive towards players who are going through tough spells.

He's a really good and smart player/pro. Said it before but I still think the goals could come. Wins a lot of free kicks for fouls that other players (like Ade) wouldn't get because he draws and sells it so well. May have drawn a pen at the end yesterday (Kane). His physical limitations in PL means the formation around him is important, but I think Soldado can go on to have a fine season.

Last edited:
someone needs to give him a grammar lesson, it's "sang"

ade would have got endless stick over such an error

Hope the last bit is a joke but in seriousness hearing Mason speak it's no wonder some of our players from overseas will not speak perfect English.

He's a really good and smart player/pro. Said it before but I still think the goals could come. Wins a lot of free kicks for fouls that other players (like Ade) wouldn't get because he draws and sells it so well. May have drawn a pen at the end yesterday (Kane). His physical limitations in PL means the formation around him is important, but I think Soldado can go on to have a fine season.

Even if he doesn't score another goal, but ends the season with 20-25 assists and creates chances with his movement off the ball, I'd still be happy.

Yeah, it was a fantastic moment both for fans and for Bobby.
I'm very happy I've been part of it at the stadium!

I don't think that Chadli can do the job of the winger on the right. The gameplan we had yesterday necessitated our two wide players having to do a huge amount of work defensively. I am yet to see any evidence that Chadli has the desire to do this. I am also unconvinced that he has the workrate required to play where Kane did yesterday. Although I guess he does deserve a chance at some point so that we can find out.

Agreed about Chadli and work rate / defensive capabilities

Back