• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Here's my prediction:
Levy, being unwilling to pay anything like 25m will offer IRO 18m and either refuse to go higher or go up at 1m increments. Liverpool, knowing they are about to sell Suarezz for c.40m will offer 25m and get him.
Arse will sign Suarez. Chelsea will sign Rooney, and Liverpool with Sturridge and Soldado will also have a stronger strike force than us.
Same old same old.
Prove me wrong Danny Boy.

we are not going to pay 25 mill, i dont think we will even pay 20 mill........lets say Levy manages to squeeze a agreement at 15-17 mill, just imagine some bigger clubs, in the CL, swooping in at the last minute at that price

unless Soldado is a closet Yid, his dream is to play at WHL and his desire is to be a regular at Chick King, this deal has no chance of happening imo

we are not going to pay 25 mill, i dont think we will even pay 20 mill........lets say Levy manages to squeeze a agreement at 15-17 mill, just imagine some bigger clubs, in the CL, swooping in at the last minute at that price

unless Soldado is a closet Yid, his dream is to play at WHL and his desire is to be a regular at Chick King, this deal has no chance of happening imo

Baldini apparently took interest in Soldado when they were at Madrid together 7 or 8 years ago. He loaned him out, but intended to bring him back and give him a key role in Capello's second season (which ultimately never happened).

That connection is better than nothing I guess.

with Bale now relieved of left wing duties and able to fully focus 100% on just scoring goals, I'm comfortable just going for a younger striker who can challenge ade and defoe.

with Bale now relieved of left wing duties and able to fully focus 100% on just scoring goals, I'm comfortable just going for a younger striker who can challenge ade and defoe.

Well Rebic and the Benfica pair Oliveira and Rodrigo are the main ones we've been linked with.

Personally though, considering how good our defence and midfield are now, I just can't see us going into the season without an elite CF. It would be like having an 18" **** with erectile disfunction.

We've got 6 weeks of the window left to work solidly on that one task now.

Here's my prediction:
Levy, being unwilling to pay anything like 25m will offer IRO 18m and either refuse to go higher or go up at 1m increments. Liverpool, knowing they are about to sell Suarezz for c.40m will offer 25m and get him.
Arse will sign Suarez. Chelsea will sign Rooney, and Liverpool with Sturridge and Soldado will also have a stronger strike force than us.
Same old same old.

Liverpool currently have Suarez and Sturridge. Unless you're suggesting that Soldado is better than Suarez then they already have a better strikeforce than us (so do Accrington Stanley). No worse off then.

Unless you're suggesting we do what Liverpool plan to and sell our star player in order to over pay for a striker?

Here's my prediction:
Same old same old.

Same old same old, just like when Liverpool blew us out of the water for Carroll, Adam and Downing.

Same old same old, just like when Liverpool blew us out of the water for Carroll, Adam and Downing.

You misunderstand. I am referring not to Liverpool bearing us to a signature but to the scenario whereby we need a striker above all else, and whereas those teams in a similar position to us see, capable of brining in such players when they're needed, our prevarication and refusal to pay that little bit more will prevent us from buying what we need to get to the next level.
If we'd had a decent striker, I believe we'd have finished third last season. We all knew we needed one last summer, and in Jan, but nothing forthcoming. That's what I meant by 'same old same old'.

If he stays injury free, Soldado will definitely get us goals for the next couple of seasons. He will then be in his thirties and this I believe is the main obstacle in us paying £25m. Also he does tend to fall about a lot to the slightest physical contact so I think younger and more beastly signing like Benteke, even at the Villa asking price would've been a better option. I'd settle for a Solado but for me , Damiao or a Doumbia type forward is most likely.

You misunderstand. I am referring not to Liverpool bearing us to a signature but to the scenario whereby we need a striker above all else, and whereas those teams in a similar position to us see, capable of brining in such players when they're needed, our prevarication and refusal to pay that little bit more will prevent us from buying what we need to get to the next level.
If we'd had a decent striker, I believe we'd have finished third last season. We all knew we needed one last summer, and in Jan, but nothing forthcoming. That's what I meant by 'same old same old'.

My point remains the same, and no I didn't misunderstand.

It's all nice and dandy to demand that we "pay that little bit more", but in the end that little bit more for every signing adds up. In the financial situation we're in, trying to compete with clubs with bigger budgets than ourselves, going toe to toe over transfer targets offering what the selling club is asking won't get us where we want to be in my opinion.

Liverpool have bought their way out of the top 4 using the strategy you seemingly admire. And they've needed new owners to bail them out of financial problems in the process.

We needed a striker last summer and we signed one. Reportedly breaking our wage ceiling in the process. He didn't have a good season, but we still signed him.

So far this window (going by reports) we've been beaten to Villa because a Spanish CL team wanted him and we've failed to sign Benteke realizing that Aston Villa wanted far more for him than we thought he was worth - a valuation a considerable part of our fans agreed with by the way. So onwards we move to the next target, as we always do. Because we have to find the good deals, the deals that make sense from both a financial and a footballing viewpoint, the deals that have an acceptable level of risk to us as a club.

If he stays injury free, Soldado will definitely get us goals for the next couple of seasons. He will then be in his thirties and this I believe is the main obstacle in us paying £25m. Also he does tend to fall about a lot to the slightest physical contact so I think younger and more beastly signing like Benteke, even at the Villa asking price would've been a better option. I'd settle for a Solado but for me , Damiao or a Doumbia type forward is most likely.

Age and him only having proven himself in La Liga are obvious problems. Like you I don't think he will fail, he's a good player and I think he will get us goals. But then again, I thought the same about Morientes and his stay in the Premier League was not a success at all.

We might try to wait out Valencia to try to force them into accepting a lower offer than they would now, but I just can't see us paying £25m for him.

When we move from playing the 4-4-2/4-2-3-1 formation which we played last season to 4-3-3 which we'll use this season, the left wing role which you mention very much changes. I fully expect Bale to be playing in one of the wide roles in the 4-3-3, though to have some freedom to roam - really think we desperately need a new CF to play up top with Bale and Chadli/Lennon

According to SkySports, Baldini is in Valencia right now.

EDIT: Though they may be just reiterating the "tenuous reports" from the Spanish media referred to elsewhere.

According to SkySports, Baldini is in Valencia right now.

EDIT: Though they may be just reiterating the "tenuous reports" from the Spanish media referred to elsewhere.

Almost certainly.

Closest thing to a source I could find:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/spurs-sporting-director-franco-baldini-arrives-in-valencia-for-talks-over-roberto-soldado-cadena-ser/

Spurs Sporting Director, Franco Baldini, arrives in Valencia for talks over Roberto Soldado [Cadena Ser]On Monday afternoon Fran Guaita of Cadena Ser reported that one Franco Baldini had landed in Valencia to begin talks over star striker Roberto Soldado.

Tottenham are in the market for a goalscoring striker to take some of the pressure off Welsh superstar Gareth Bale.

According to numerous Spanish media outlets , Baldini was in Valencia to begin talks with Soldado’s agent over a possible £25 million move to White Hart Lane.

The 28 year old former Real Madrid man wants to sort his future out before the season begins and it seems Spurs are ready to take action.

https://twitter.com/FranGuaita - The radio journalist working for Cadena SER in Valencia according to 101greatgoals.com

Franco Baldini, director deportivo del Tottenham Hotspur, está en Valencia. SER Deportivos.

Google translate: Franco Baldini, manager of Tottenham Hotspur, is in Valencia. BE Goods.

No idea how trustworthy that is though.

Back