• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

If it's less than £20m then fine.

i can't believe people are comparing this to RVP.. do none of you know who RVP is? one of the best strikers in the world?

don't know anything about Soldado who's a fan and who isn't?

he's better than Negredo put it that way.

I'm not his BIGGEST die hard fan but he'd improve us 10-fold. He'd score goals and that at the end of the day is what we want and need.

i can't believe people are comparing this to RVP.. do none of you know who RVP is? one of the best strikers in the world?

I think what people are saying is that United paid big bucks for a proven goal scorer in his prime (RVP was also in the final year of his contract). Although no RVP, I do think he's in the top bracket of stikers out there and the only one of that group who we stand the remotest chance of getting. For that reason and for the difference he'd make to the team, he's well worth the cash.

I will be disappointed if we don't try to at least meet Valencia half way at 22/23M. If he stayed fit we'd be title contenders.

Do you not remember he came with this injury record.

2004-05: Debut season cut short by and ankle injury in February after also spending time out with two sprained ankles (not at the same time).

2005-06: Suffered a knee injury, and two more ankle injuries. Arsenal fans are starting to realise why the Dutch fans refer to him as ‘glass ankles.’

2006-07: Just to mix things up a bit Robin suffered a hip injury followed by a metatarsal fracture then another knee injury before suffering a thigh muscle strain.

2007-08: Managed to make it January before injury set in and then suffered three thigh muscle strains in quick succession.

2008-09: An ankle injury started the season off followed by a hamstring injury and a couple of groin strains to end the season.

2009-10: A knee injury arrived in September followed by a sprained ankle. This was the season he tried to use horse placenta to cure what turned out to be torn ligaments and missed five months of the campaign only to return in April to feature in the last few games.

2010-11: Another early ankle injury suffered in August kept him out until November. He caught flu in February as well as pulling a hamstring and then injuring his knee.

2011-2012: Robin’s most injury-free season since he signed for Arsenal, he picked up the obligatory ankle injury in August then had an injury free run until he picked up a little groin strain in February.

well looking at the stats on wiki he is around the 1 in 2 bracket throughout his career.

would be VERY surprised to see us spend so much on a 28 year old though i have to say, regardless

don't know anything about Soldado who's a fan and who isn't?

I'm a fan.

Composed striker who takes up good positions in the box and has a knack of getting on the end of crosses whether it's with his feet or his head.

If he stays injury free, Soldado will definitely get us goals for the next couple of seasons. He will then be in his thirties and this I believe is the main obstacle in us paying £25m. Also he does tend to fall about a lot to the slightest physical contact so I think younger and more beastly signing like Benteke, even at the Villa asking price would've been a better option. I'd settle for a Solado but for me , Damiao or a Doumbia type forward is most likely.

What happened to him? Wasn't there some pic of him at our training ground last summer? Good age and has a good scoring record and looks pretty powerful.

he's better than Negredo put it that way.

I'm not his BIGGEST die hard fan but he'd improve us 10-fold. He'd score goals and that at the end of the day is what we want and need.

Bang on. great goal scorer and an all round quality player who would put us up a level

Movement. Movement and finishing are his game. He's not a weakling either.

This.. His movement is top class, finishing very good.. He will definitely be on the end of any rebounds, balls across the box (big frustration of mine) and looking for through balls. We have been missing this for some time now.

For 25m? noooooo way and nooooooo thanks. 15m and fair enough.

tbf weve made many good cheap signings recently. Lloris, Vertonghen, Sandro, Siggy, Holtby, Chadli even Ade at 5 mill was cheap,add these to the good deals we made for Walker, Kaboul, Ekotto, Bale, Lennon and you can see the majority of the first team was signed for relative cheap sums. Only Dembele, Paulinho and Defoe were each 10 mill plus!!

We need to now make a striker signing that doesnt make financial sense but it sure makes football sense. If the club pays more than 20 mill for Soldado its very brave but he is a class finisher. Its the clubs money, lets not worry about it and instead just hope we can get a player of this calibre. I still think someone will come in at the last minute and gazump us. We need luck and need to be quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back