• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Addicted to Spurs ‏@AddictedtoSpurs 4m
According to Cader Ser, Baldini has returned to Spurs, and the deal is being negotiated. The directors agree to sell. #THFC

No no no no no. He went all that way for a photoshoot and nothing else.

Our stock is relatively high - AVB, Bale boosting the profile of the club and we have Baldini. We need to capitalise. We didnt capitalise as well as we should have in the past, in my opinion, hopefully we have learnt.

I think we will get the guy personally and all this is just postulating and negotiating thats all. Baldini may have returned simply because he has done his job and now its upto Valencia and our Board to agree the fee.

Higuain and Soldado are both goalscorers, they are competent outside of that but primarily that's what they both do. Soldado has a better record(only just) despite playing for Getafe and Valencia, Higuain's have all been with Madrid. I don't see what Higuain does better other than he plays for a bigger club so his rep is probably inflated purely because of that.

what is it KD that makes him better, in your eyes? from what i have read since he has been linked with the Scum he sounds like a goal scorer more than anything else so comparing goal scoring stats is a good starting point

I like Higuain and he was initially my first choice but his wages would be doule that of Soldado and that is the big advantage about this deal. We tend to use the wages as a stumbling block excuse to not being able to get the top players in but here is a top player (in Soldado) who will be getting less than a fair few players at the club I imagine.

I don't think there's much difference between the two but in Higuain's defence he rarely gets to play all 90 minutes.

Higuain and Soldado are both goalscorers, they are competent outside of that but primarily that's what they both do. Soldado has a better record(only just) despite playing for Getafe and Valencia, Higuain's have all been with Madrid. I don't see what Higuain does better other than he plays for a bigger club so his rep is probably inflated purely because of that.

No he's a better player. His emergence is one of the main reasons Madrid shipped out Soldado, because they felt Higuain is the better player and this has proven to be the case. Higuain isn't just a poacher, he's a worker that works tirelessly for his team and offers far more than Soldado does. Higuain has better movement, better approach play, can play of the last man AND drop deep if needs be.
Soldado on the other hand is plain and simply a poacher that offers not much else. He's not as useless as Mario Gomez in terms of approach play but he's not much better either. He'll play off the last defender and score goals but better than Higuain? don't me me laugh.

what is it KD that makes him better, in your eyes? from what i have read since he has been linked with the Scum he sounds like a goal scorer more than anything else so comparing goal scoring stats is a good starting point

It's a myth that Higuain is merely a poacher and nothing else. Gomez and Soldado are poachers and yes Higuain plays best off the last defender but he offers so much more to the team.

that's contrary to what i have read on the matter but appreciate you watch Spanish football so are more informed than me

I think higuain has more ability than soldado.
However, there are more question marks over him surrounding fitness andaattitude. Both of which stem from the last few years at real.

If you get higuain fit, focused and playing consistently, he can be as good as rvp. But it's a fair sized if.

Soldado is the more stable signing IMHO, and the right one for us. And its not like he is a poor player!

Our stock is relatively high - AVB, Bale boosting the profile of the club and we have Baldini. We need to capitalise. We didnt capitalise as well as we should have in the past, in my opinion, hopefully we have learnt.

I think we will get the guy personally and all this is just postulating and negotiating thats all. Baldini may have returned simply because he has done his job and now its upto Valencia and our Board to agree the fee.

This. Surely it's more about whether we can attract this sort of player rather than the cost. The cost is always relative to the situation anyway. With the TV cash injection and the potential Bale windfall, surely even Levy can have a 'fudge it lets go for it' moment. Otherwise what's the point?

Back