• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

I agree with that, just keep it to facts.

Offering up two versions of the future that could happen, and ignoring the rest of the possibilities, is as far away from the facts as you can get.

I'm perfectly happy for the club to buy a striker. In fact i'm perfectly happy for it to be Soldado, he seems to be rated by others on here though i have not seen enough of him myself. However when people think we should just pay whatever price other clubs want then it's getting to the point of madness.

But why are you worried about Levy`s wallet so much ?

If you want Top class, you have to pay. Thats all.

Its like buying a brown new table in a shop, you pay the price advertized.

But if you buy a old table, tired or broken then you negotiate.

We cant just carry on buying different broken tables, and should be buying one new one.

Thats one way of explainning it. ;)

Considering the club were trying to waste 15m plus on fudging Benteke a few weeks ago then 20-25m on Soldado is a bargain.

But why are you worried about Levy`s wallet so much ?

If you want Top class, you have to pay. Thats all.

Its like buying a brown new table in a shop, you pay the price advertized.

But if you buy a old table, tired or broken then you negotiate.

We cant just carry on buying different broken tables, and should be buying one new one.

Thats on way of explainning it. ;)

I'm not worried about Levy's wallet, because as far as any of us know it has nothing to do with Levy's wallet.

It's like me having a book you want. You want to pay £25, i want £35. What would you do? You'd go and look for a different book, or you would attempt to haggle. What you wouldn't do, unless you had mountains of cash, is just say fudge it, i'll pay £30.

it's a stupid question, which is basically: do you want us to finish 4th or 5th? the money factor doesn't really mean anything because of the Champions League windfall we'd receive with option A

if there was a guarantee that signing Soldado now for 30m euros would bring us 4th place no questions asked of course everyone will take it - which renders the question itself pointless

Well why are so many fans cut up about how much we pay? Leave that to the money men who run the club. If I have a choice between an £18m striker being signed for £24m or a £10m striker being signed for £10m, I'm taking the first option if it gives us a better chance of success. A fan saying our rivals can have him because we're overpaying by a few million just doesn't compute with me, once a seaon starts no one gives a fudge whether we overpay by a few million on a player, they care whether he does the business or not.

Well why are so many fans cut up about how much we pay? Leave that to the money men who run the club. If I have a choice between an £18m striker being signed for £24m or a £10m striker being signed for £10m, I'm taking the first option if it gives us a better chance of success. A fan saying our rivals can have him because we're overpaying by a few million just doesn't compute with me, once a seaon starts no one gives a fudge whether we overpay by a few million on a player, they care whether he does the business or not.

So you'd be happy if we bought Soldado for £50m knowing that in the long term it might have a highly adverse affect on future transfer budgets?

the club needs to spend it's money wisely in order to succeed, of which we only have a finite amount

i can't really put it any simpler than that tbh

I'm not worried about Levy's wallet, because as far as any of us know it has nothing to do with Levy's wallet.

It's like me having a book you want. You want to pay £25, i want £35. What would you do? You'd go and look for a different book, or you would attempt to haggle. What you wouldn't do, unless you had mountains of cash, is just say fudge it, i'll pay £30.

If I really need the book to get to the final exam then I pay the price... Instead of going for a bricky one that will make me miss the exam again...:)

If I really need the book to get to the final exam then I pay the price... Instead of going for a bricky one that will make me miss the exam again...:)

Well that's not the case, there are other books out there. It's difficult to know which one would help you most without reading it, but you do know how renown the author is.

And if you save the money on the book, you might be able to buy that novel you've wanted to read for a while.

I havent read the last 10 pages but i imagine he hasnt signed and you lot are getting worked up over football? :lol:

Well that's not the case, there are other books out there. It's difficult to know which one would help you most, but you do know how renown the author is.

And if you save the money on the book, you might be able to buy that novel you've wanted to read for a while.

We`ve been going for cheap books, but never been for the novel somehow...

And Soldado can be considered a novel in my eyes. Dempsey isn't, defoe isn't, adebayor isn't.

Why so many books and no novels?

We`ve been going for cheap books, but never been for the novel somehow...

And Soldado can be considered a novel in my eyes. Dempsey isn't, defoe isn't, adebayor isn't.

Why so many books and no novels?

But the cheap books we have bought recently have mostly turned out to be wonderful. We have enjoyed them a lot.

Maybe we should just head to the library, but then you'd get lower quality books that others have already used.

Edit: I think the metaphor is getting away from me..

I prefer hard back books.. they last longer than paperbacks that usually get tossed after 9 months to the charity shop in Newham

Addicted to Spurs ‏@AddictedtoSpurs 4m
According to Cader Ser, Baldini has returned to Spurs, and the deal is being negotiated. The directors agree to sell. #THFC

by the way we will sign him. I'm confident.

Havent been this confident since Chadli news broke :lol:

he hasnt signed yet?????

i mean, what the fcukity is going on

disgrace...sherwood out

Back