• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

RIP David Bowie

Lady Gaga is one of the best songwriters of her generation

*ducks for cover
She's very good at writing pop music. Problem for me is that it all sounds like a migraine </oldmanmode>

If you can get hold of some acoustic or acapella stuff of hers it's a lot better.

Why? Because a lot of other people like Bowie?

A lot of people like Status Quo, Keane and Coldplay.

I like some of all of the above - not all of thier stuff.

But I like many types of music - ABBA to ZZ Top with Mozart , Dean Martin along the way. I think eclectic taste would cover it!

I have never been his biggest fan I must admit, however I did see his " Spiders from Mars" gigs in the early 70's and was a good showman.

Believe me, I've tried to see what it is people like in his music. A lot of people whose opinions I respect greatly like his music but it's just not there for me.

For want of a better analogy, his music is like an Audi - I can see the value in the quality of the technical achievement but there's no heart or soul in it. No matter what the technical achievement, it will never be a Maserati

I think that you're missing out but won't try and convince you that is the case.

And Bowie's no Audi ;)

She's very good at writing pop music. Problem for me is that it all sounds like a migraine </oldmanmode>

If you can get hold of some acoustic or acapella stuff of hers it's a lot better.

100% agree. Nice analogy about the migraine. Some of her solo piano performances are pretty outstanding. I saw her live at V Festival a few years back and she put on a good show. Not my cup of tea but can see the value in what she does.

10fnzgl.jpg

100% agree. Nice analogy about the migraine. Some of her solo piano performances are pretty outstanding. I saw her live at V Festival a few years back and she put on a good show. Not my cup of tea but can see the value in what she does.
I remember V when I was single and younger, lots of fake tan, fake tits and tiny denim shorts, fun fun weekends

Comparing Bowie to Lady Gaga? Am I reading this correctly? Lady Gaga is a seriously poor man's Madonna. Everything she does is a copy of Madonna.

Comparing Bowie to Lady Gaga? Am I reading this correctly? Lady Gaga is a seriously poor man's Madonna. Everything she does is a copy of Madonna.

They do the same thing. Put out so-so music and put on act for everyone to get giddy over. Much like Marilyn Manson.

Quick question, I know full well it's Scara's forum, but does anyone actually police or at least take issue his posts?

Does he have the ability to ban himself? :D

Some of the posts in this thread are trolling. I wouldn't even call myself a fan of Bowie although I can appreciate he wrote some great songs, but what's the point of posting in the thread purely to insult him and/or his fans?

Happy to take this to PM through fear of derailing the thread.

Quick question, I know full well it's Scara's forum, but does anyone actually police or at least take issue his posts?

Some of the posts in this thread are trolling. I wouldn't even call myself a fan of Bowie although I can appreciate he wrote some great songs, but what's the point of posting in the thread purely to insult him and/or his fans?

It's called discussion. As in "Discussion Forum".

If we all agreed we'd be very bored. We'd also have awful taste in music!

Last edited:

It's the first stage of grief- denial. Scaras really sitting at home in fully ziggy regalia watching the boys keep swinging video on a constant loop crying his eyes out. All that lovely make up ruined.

It's the first stage of grief- denial. Scaras really sitting at home in fully ziggy regalia watching the boys keep swinging video on a constant loop crying his eyes out. All that lovely make up ruined.
You missed out cranking. I get the impression many Bowie fans are well acquainted with cranking.

Back