• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

Was always getting chances, that’s the sign of a good forward.

Was highly likely he’d hit a patch of finishing form sooner or later.

I expect we’ll see the same from Johnson at some point too.
But he was always caught short on those chances
Now he looks that bit quicker
It (IMO) has to be the surgery that’s fixed that and it’s possibly given him that extra confidence boost too

sums up his time at spurs. Never looks like scoring and woeful in front of goal.

Jurgen, I saw you give him some praise for his recent performances but I am guessing you still have some doubts, or have you been converted?

I am not convinced he is going to be a goal machine but I think he will always be a PITA to play against.

Jurgen, I saw you give him some praise for his recent performances but I am guessing you still have some doubts, or have you been converted?

I am not convinced he is going to be a goal machine but I think he will always be a PITA to play against.

He’s impressed me recently for sure. Looks more confident and the goals will only help. Still think he’s upgradable but he’s an option.

His constant running off the ball many don't see, he drags away players to create space and even for team mates make different runs or to run into the space he leaves.

Thank GHod he is now finishing, we need him when Son is away.

His constant running off the ball many don't see, he drags away players to create space and even for team mates make different runs or to run into the space he leaves.

Thank GHod he is now finishing, we need him when Son is away.

Always worked his ass off, always one of those players you probably don't enjoy playing against.

Looks quicker, his touch has improved (strength on the ball) and finishing. We need a good run of 10 or so games from him.

Didn't watch the fa cup game but Richy seems to be criticised widely.

- the 26-year-old took two shots, failed to attempt a single dribble, only took 24 touches all night (fewer than Guglielmo Vicario between the sticks) and failed with his one attempted cross.

- he lost all four contested duels as he failed to strike fear and formidability into the arrowhead, also offside once and committing two fouls.

- the service into him wasn't great but he made a mess of what did come his way in the final third so the ball never really stuck up top for Spurs

What will it take to help Richy step up when Son is away? He is in his prime and must be contributing more if we see him as a starting striker. (Regardless of his transfer price)

Last edited:

- the 26-year-old took two shots, failed to attempt a single dribble, only took 24 touches all night (fewer than Guglielmo Vicario between the sticks) and failed with his one attempted cross.

- he lost all four contested duels as he failed to strike fear and formidability into the arrowhead, also offside once and committing two fouls.

- the service into him wasn't great but he made a mess of what did come his way in the final third so the ball never really stuck up top for Spurs

What will it take to help Richy step up when Son is away? He is in his prime and must be contributing more if we see him as a starting striker. (Regardless of his transfer price)
It's even worse than only taking two shots. He should have taken about 8 or 10 but either missed the ball, went the wrong way, lost the ball, etc.

It was a horror show all round for him.

It's even worse than only taking two shots. He should have taken about 8 or 10 but either missed the ball, went the wrong way, lost the ball, etc.

It was a horror show all round for him.
He worked hard and contributed team wise but oh boy, I switched off at the start of second half as I found myself thinking of things to do to him. Our attack with him as the figure head was inefficient.

Hopefully pressure on his starting spot might help

So was at the game

The good (little bit), worked his ass off, did a couple of good defensive covers, got himself into good positions
The bad, he was played through at least twice into 1:1 situations and completely fudged it and missed a clear header opportunity (so disagree with the service comment)

My view, Richi is a limited striker, he's very good in the air (despite miss) and he's decent getting into positions for tap ins (the cut back from Son that started him on this current scoring run) and the Johnson crosses from right across the box.

The balls he got against Burnley, Son would have put away and that's the challenge with sacrificing Son in middle (obviously not available in this instance)

If we want to make Richi work, Johnson needs to get the pass across box going, and Deki needs that flighted cut back cross more regularly and someone else probably needs the midfield runner through center to through ball on. With Maddison back, he'll get more service in the air.

The long term question for Spurs is "is that enough?"

So was at the game

The good (little bit), worked his ass off, did a couple of good defensive covers, got himself into good positions
The bad, he was played through at least twice into 1:1 situations and completely fudged it and missed a clear header opportunity (so disagree with the service comment)

My view, Richi is a limited striker, he's very good in the air (despite miss) and he's decent getting into positions for tap ins (the cut back from Son that started him on this current scoring run) and the Johnson crosses from right across the box.

The balls he got against Burnley, Son would have put away and that's the challenge with sacrificing Son in middle (obviously not available in this instance)

If we want to make Richi work, Johnson needs to get the pass across box going, and Deki needs that flighted cut back cross more regularly and someone else probably needs the midfield runner through center to through ball on. With Maddison back, he'll get more service in the air.

In answer to your question, if he’s going to be our main striker then no. He’s not an elite finisher or creator. It’s good that he’s getting tap ins as it shows he’s getting into the right areas, but his overall play doesn’t make up for the number of chances he misses. We’ve seen last season and this season how not having a world class striker has cost Arsenal.

So was at the game

I still think of him as our second choice striker behind Son. Son having to play wide because of a lack of options.

Don't know about long term. For now and a bit he's good enough to be our backup striker.

So was at the game

Q. How do you make Richarlison look a better player?
A. Sign Werner.

Q. How do you make Richarlison look a better player?
A. Sign Werner.
This is absolute nonsense, but...
Richarlison having his worst game in quite a while, making very little of two decent through balls, Ange looking rather displeased on the sideline after the second one iirc. Bam. Next day. Tottenham signing Werner. Almost as if Ange just texted Levy/whoever after the game saying he needed a new striker.

Just to be clear. That didn't happen. But a somewhat funny coincidence.

Back