• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

Brain eclipse does that sometimes, very good poster.

I can't argue with what you or he has proposed, LW is an upgradable spot if we're looking at first eleven, but my attention would still be on improving the back ups in areas like CB / LB. It does depend on sales though of course, as I said if we can get a permanent move for Gill and a loan for Veliz, plus with Ivan essentially on his way out there might be space for the right kind of player like a Doku type player I wouldn't be against it at all.
Cheers, both of you. I'm glad we all agree that I'm all kinds of fantastic 😉

January is often about opportunities that arise. Many deals that can be done during a summer window that are more difficult, more expensive or just impossible in January. We're already at a very high level, particularly with our strongest 11. We have some fairly specific needs for player types that we need in various roles.

While a list of priorities is useful, the reality of the January window may be that we can't get the right player for the highest priority spot, signing someone for a role that's less of a priority may be the right choice. The most important part is that it's a player that actually fits the requirements for that role.

I do think a backup RCB is a high priority. LB less so as (imo) Davies does a functional job there. Really good left backs are hard to find. But I dream of a top class dribbly left winger type, or someone with the potential to become top class in the next 12-18 months (and already at a good level). That and RCB backup would be tied for top priority for me.

those saying that Ange is/isn't happy with Richi have to remember that he's played through the pain barrier this season, and last had the emotional baggage provided by Conte. A fully fit and motivated player is now available and he's scored 3 in 2 games.

The next 10 games will be really interesting - especially as we're going to be light Sonny and a few others in the spring. Richi will be needed to cover that period for sure, but in the meantime its a question of what he can do with a run of games.

those saying that Ange is/isn't happy with Richi have to remember that he's played through the pain barrier this season, and last had the emotional baggage provided by Conte. A fully fit and motivated player is now available and he's scored 3 in 2 games.

The next 10 games will be really interesting - especially as we're going to be light Sonny and a few others in the spring. Richi will be needed to cover that period for sure, but in the meantime its a question of what he can do with a run of games.
Solomon still out, Gil not exactly lighting up the place with his presence, Johnson being ok, but far from spectacular. Kulusevski sometimes starting centrally. And Son doing a decent job out wide.

All of that along with Richarlison getting 3 in 2 I think he will just keep his place for now and of course when Son is away.

Difficult to see Johnson, Gil or Solomon (when fit) being preferred (wide, with Son centrally) to drop Richarlison to the bench now.

Will give us a real look at what he can do with regular game time as a striker in this team.

Solomon still out, Gil not exactly lighting up the place with his presence, Johnson being ok, but far from spectacular. Kulusevski sometimes starting centrally. And Son doing a decent job out wide.

All of that along with Richarlison getting 3 in 2 I think he will just keep his place for now and of course when Son is away.

Difficult to see Johnson, Gil or Solomon (when fit) being preferred (wide, with Son centrally) to drop Richarlison to the bench now.

Will give us a real look at what he can do with regular game time as a striker in this team.
Be great to have a few more options in the bench though
Richy has earned his starts now

Think this is the point of the second half of the season

Richi plus a few others (Johnson, Skipp, Sess, GLC, potentially Solomon) need to show they are worth a first team spot

A lot more changes this summer again Lloris, Perisic & Dier all out of contract, PEH & GLC (Gio will be last year) both easily capable of starting elsewhere, Skipp (to me needs a loan or risks becoming the next Winks), Veliz (loan as well), Gil & Sess (probably time to give up on both for different reasons), Reguilon and Ndombele still on books.

Broadly my perspective would be, improve depth, keep looking for a player that can add to attacking threat for first 11

We are setup for someone who is a finisher to score hat loads from the edge of the six yard box, and a while back he couldn't hit a cows ass with a banjo. Thankfully he's shed that mantle, albeit Johnson does seem to have picked it up and run with it!

Before he came here I thought he was a gold plated knob but since he's been here can see he just wears his heart on his sleeve and why the Everton fans adored him.

He is one of those playrers who does seem to lack confidence at times, since he has been here what with injurys amd the apparent lack of confidence he has got a bit of stick from some of our fans. IMO he is a very good player who ( i hope) keeps his form going forward because IF he does he will become a big player for us.

Not getting carried away too much. He’s in good form and doing exactly what’s needed. Still think he’s a good squad player.

Not getting carried away too much. He’s in good form and doing exactly what’s needed. Still think he’s a good squad player.
Looks a better player now his injury is cleared up
Worryingly it seemed like a quick thing to get over too so you have to ask why they didn’t do it sooner
If that is what it takes to get him playing like he is now, then great

He'll need to show it consistently over a longer period of course, but Richarlison currently looks like the 20+ goals a season striker we need.

Back