• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

Son isn't getting 20 league goals a season playing on the left anymore. To get that figure he would need to play through the centre. What then do we do with Richie who has only functioned through the middle.

How do we get more goals out of the front line / attacking 6 players?
this season Son has 12 and could easily get 7-10 more in the remaining games - he's able to score from the left no problem at all.

We are scoring 2.1 per game, so over 38 games we're due to score 79.8 goals statistically. I've got us scoring slightly less in another thread, but with 36 to come in theory, that's plenty for Son to get 20 from.

All hypothetical but if we're going to try to predict, might as well do it with stats and data.

If he scores two more goals in his next two games then general football public/pundits are going to have to change their tune about him.
Good lad Richy.

this season Son has 12 and could easily get 7-10 more in the remaining games - he's able to score from the left no problem at all.

We are scoring 2.1 per game, so over 38 games we're due to score 79.8 goals statistically. I've got us scoring slightly less in another thread, but with 36 to come in theory, that's plenty for Son to get 20 from.

All hypothetical but if we're going to try to predict, might as well do it with stats and data.

9 of those came from being cf.

He gets kicked a lot. We can help by pressuring the ref, but we won't.
I do wish we was more like that. But its not the Ange way. I think he sees it as if we are nice to refs they will treat us fair. But does not seem to be working. We often seem to get punished for little tackles and the opposition get away with it.

I do wish we was more like that. But its not the Ange way. I think he sees it as if we are nice to refs they will treat us fair. But does not seem to be working. We often seem to get punished for little tackles and the opposition get away with it.

Arsenal have been crying about saka for years. He still gets kicked.

He has 3 goals from 6 appearances when starting on the left. He's been mainly been scoring them from the centre. Son has 9 goals in 12 games playing as striker. It's a clear drop off in numbers and most significantly performances when he's played on the LW. We won't get 20 goals from him if he's play LW this season.

He has 3 goals from 6 appearances when starting on the left. He's been mainly been scoring them from the centre. Son has 9 goals in 12 games playing as striker. It's a clear drop off in numbers and most significantly performances when he's played on the LW. We won't get 20 goals from him if he's play LW this season.
fancy a bet? :)

Arsenal have been crying about saka for years. He still gets kicked.

Saka is only the 23rd worst fouled player in the PL, and I'd argue some percentage of that is Saka initiated (i.e. he dives)

If I recall right, there are at least a couple of Spurs player fouled significantly more than Saka

That's not enough of a sample size to be making any conclusions.

Son is a brilliant finisher and a great habit of getting himself into scoring positions regardless of his position/role.

I do agree that I think he would get more goals as a striker than a wide player in this system. But I also think it's a bit early to be be certain about how many he will end up getting in the wide role this season.

That's not enough of a sample size to be making any conclusions.

Son is a brilliant finisher and a great habit of getting himself into scoring positions regardless of his position/role.

I do agree that I think he would get more goals as a striker than a wide player in this system. But I also think it's a bit early to be be certain about how many he will end up getting in the wide role this season.
I'll hopefully be wrong but he's not really been getting into shooting positions when he's played out wide and his performances have been pretty poor out there for me.

It's possible he rekindles some years old form but irrespective of Ange I just feel over recent years Son has become more useful in the central spaces as opposed to outside.

I'll hopefully be wrong but he's not really been getting into shooting positions when he's played out wide and his performances have been pretty poor out there for me.

It's possible he rekindles some years old form but irrespective of Ange I just feel over recent years Son has become more useful in the central spaces as opposed to outside.
I agree that he's more useful there.

Wonder if Werner coming in and Solomon coming back at some point means that we'll see Son back in the middle again at least for parts of games.

Right now Richarlison is doing everything he can to keep that central role for himself. Very happy for him and us.

Back