• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

I am so happy for him and the squad will treat him like a hero BUT we've got a big game coming up and there won't be any room for fudging around like there was today. I hope the players will be hungry for it, I think Ange will be.

Also want to say that his assist was so well-timed. He drew the defenders towards him and released the ball through such a tight angle. Excellent work off the bench today when we really needed a gamechanger.

One thing that performance has done for Richy is that it probably guarantees him a start next game, if he's up for it.

NLD away is going to be extremely difficult and the first real test of the system Postecoglou is using. We could go with Sonny up top again, but my guess is that we would probably prefer Sonny on the left and Kulu on the right, while having Richy up top to hold the ball up when needed and give us time to break the Arsenal press and advance up the pitch.

If he was in the doldrums, that probably would not have worked and he would probably have gotten wound up/sent off to no real effect. But coming off a game-changing performance, first goal in the PL in ages, confidence coursing through him..I think it's worth it to stick him up top to do what he does best, and hassle and harry that Arse back line.

They'll also have fatigue in their legs after playing Everton today and then the CL midweek, while we have 8 full days to prep for the game. So we should have an energy advantage, and we could probably push it even further by bringing Johnson and Solomon on at 60+ minutes for Richy and Kulu, going to a Solomon-Son-Johnson frontline to inject a real bit of pace to late-game counterattacks.

I am so happy for him and the squad will treat him like a hero BUT we've got a big game coming up and there won't be any room for fudging around like there was today. I hope the players will be hungry for it, I think Ange will be.

Also want to say that his assist was so well-timed. He drew the defenders towards him and released the ball through such a tight angle. Excellent work off the bench today when we really needed a gamechanger.

Would stick with Son next week, should suit the game more

In the fine tradition of singing memorable songs to our great attacking players, let's adapt the Teddy tune:

Ohh, Richie, Richie
Richie, Richie, Richie, Rich
Richarlison

Your welcome. Oh, please. No charge.

The Athletic's Spurs beat reporter, Tim Spiers - massive upgrade on that conniving gooner cnut Chuckie Eccleshare - had these quotes from Postecoglou in his post-game report:

"Postecoglou said he didn’t want to “overwhelm” Richarlison by “asking a million questions” after his return from international duty.

“For me, I try to provide an environment for the players where they can feel comfortable to come into that space,” he said after Spurs completed the latest-ever comeback in Premier League history.

“I didn’t want to overwhelm Richy by asking him a million questions or offering advice for stuff I don’t really know and probably shouldn’t because that’s for him to work out with people better equipped than me.

“So I didn’t really have anything to say to him. I’m sure it’s a group of players and they’ve been around him, and you saw at the end how happy they were for him."

“And his football hasn’t been that bad, he’s still been contributing for us. Sometimes when you struggle with certain parts of your life you let it go into other areas. But the football is one area where he can control, and he works hard everyday in training and really got his rewards today.

“And hopefully that gives him a bit more of a settled feel to deal with the other areas in his life. For everyone, it’s about not letting it overwhelm you. Hopefully a day like today helps him.”

It was only the second league goal he has scored for the club since his £60million move from Everton more than a year ago. Spurs will hope this instigates an upturn in form, but more importantly than that it was just great to see so much love for a popular, hard-working player who has been through such a tough time on and off the field."

Last edited:
Would stick with Son next week, should suit the game more

Yep, looks like when we have space, Son is better, against deeper blocks, Richi is better

As @DubaiSpur said, they should be a bit more leggy, our game tires opponents anyway, should have a plan around subs hurting them late in game. I'd stick with same starting lineup, let Richi know we want him, Perisic and Johnson against tired legs and go for it.

Well done Richy on a match-winning cameo.

The rest of this chat would be better off over in Random, whichever side of the argument you take.

knew his performance would bring the haters out, some would rather we lose than be wrong

we'll get the same when Dier gets back in the team and plays well

Credit where it’s due to Richarlison.

I hope for the team’s sake Dier doesn’t get back into the team. Literally no reason to play him as we’re not in Europe and can pick our best team for every league game. There’s a massive drop gulf between Romero/VDV and Dier who hasn’t played well for years.

Yep, looks like when we have space, Son is better, against deeper blocks, Richi is better

As @DubaiSpur said, they should be a bit more leggy, our game tires opponents anyway, should have a plan around subs hurting them late in game. I'd stick with same starting lineup, let Richi know we want him, Perisic and Johnson against tired legs and go for it.
Yeah Richarlison did really well when he came on, but the circumstances suited his game at that point better. If we go by templates then you'd have to think the Arsenal game suits Son up top more. There will be more space, we will have more counter press breaking opportunities and Son's runs make more sense in those situations.

When we're up against a deep sitting defence plus midfield then an overload with Richy makes sense. It's likely a horse's for courses situation.

It's unlikely this season that we will have one guaranteed person always starting up top like in the Kane era. Form and suitability to a match are going to be the deciding factors.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Back