• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

I was worried he was going to remain consigned to the Soldado level of signing that is just known as a trier, a nice bloke and on the odd occasion that he scores the players and fans go ape brick for him but it just never clicks..

Luckily we've progressed to where it just seems quite normal where he nets one. It's still obviously possible that this scoring run will be an outlier when looked at in context of his whole time here but he doesn't look like stopping scoring anytime soon.

Another great performance even in the 1st half when we were trash. Almost scored a belter from outside the box too. It's a pretty simple notion like in the game against City, if he gets no service he's not going to skin three players and bang it in the top corner. But if you feed him he will score, it is not rocket surgery.

I said as soon as Kane left that Richy would step up, he's was never going to replace him but what he brings is massive, I felt the same even when he was out on the left and not really amongst the goals yet. It's just a shame it took him this long to get in to the swing of things but as others have said, the injury might have had a fair bit to do with it.

Works very hard for the team and regularly scores goals. I'm happy with that. He'll never be a Kane (who will?), but is deservedly playing regularly ATM.
Feel like all he's really needed is a run of games. Obviously the surgery and counseling have helped a lot. But playing consistently is key. Love him as a character, always trying and like Kane, pops up with important defensive actions too, especially at set pieces

Feel like all he's really needed is a run of games. Obviously the surgery and counseling have helped a lot. But playing consistently is key. Love him as a character, always trying and like Kane, pops up with important defensive actions too, especially at set pieces
Fully agreed. Bit of luck too with his goalscoring streak probably helps too.

He obviously won't keep scoring at this rate, but even when his goalscoring returns to a more normal Richarlison level he's showing that he will be a really useful player. And perhaps playing for us, in this system, we'll see a higher goal scoring rate than at Everton.

Reactions: jrh
One moment that really impressed me last night, he had two defenders all over him, receiving to feet, but held it up long enough for Maddison to come and support.
I think this area of his game is improving too, he's stronger than he looks and technically really accomplished

Classic case of player fitting a system and people not understanding what the player's role is

- Ange's system requires a player to be in center of box to poach the ball in from players (winger/FB's) hitting the cross (coming in from wide on goal line)
- 9 goals and 3 assists in 22 games (of which probably only half or two thirds were post surgery?)

See below for an interesting perspective

Seems to be fitting in nicely now, works hard, presses hard and gets goals. Shock horror that a player playing regular in a position finds form.

Really happy for him, he has recieved a lot criticism for some fans but he is showing what a good player ( and hard worker he is.) Keep it up son.

Seems to be fitting in nicely now, works hard, presses hard and gets goals. Shock horror that a player playing regular in a position finds form.

A player willing to work his ass off, in a system that suits him and utilizes his poaching pays off.

Strikers sometimes never find their feet, so him "recovering" his career at Spurs is a testament to him.

He’s been getter better for a while and last night the best so far imo. Hold up play, chasing down and grabbed a goal. Looks like he genuinely cares.

Back