• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

I don't bet. But that's what I think if he stays on the left.
I wasn't serious - I just think he will score 7-10 goals between now and the end of the season from the left.

Reasons for this?

1. We're going to be a lot better equipped shortly with returning players.
2. They team gets Ange ball better now and from the noises from Ange the other night that Utd performance was his "they get it" watershed moment.
3. We create so many opportunities now that a decent forward from left/right/centre will get goals. We should score more in the second half of the season than the first.

That's not enough of a sample size to be making any conclusions.

Son is a brilliant finisher and a great habit of getting himself into scoring positions regardless of his position/role.

I do agree that I think he would get more goals as a striker than a wide player in this system. But I also think it's a bit early to be be certain about how many he will end up getting in the wide role this season.
actually by that rationale, 3 in 6 is one every two games, so with 17 games to go if he plays in 14 of them he will get 7 goals. Taking him to 19 which is what I have projected for him.

actually by that rationale, 3 in 6 is one every two games, so with 17 games to go if he plays in 14 of them he will get 7 goals. Taking him to 19 which is what I have projected for him.

3 in 8 from lw. Close to 1 in 2. But not quite. 9 in 12 from cf.

Richarlison keeps scoring though ange might have a nice problem to deal with.

I like the idea of them being interchangeable depending on the opposition. For high line teams Son can be in there for link up and runs in behind. For low block teams we have Son out wide for his trickery with Richy in the box.

He has 3 goals from 6 appearances when starting on the left. He's been mainly been scoring them from the centre. Son has 9 goals in 12 games playing as striker. It's a clear drop off in numbers and most significantly performances when he's played on the LW. We won't get 20 goals from him if he's play LW this season.
He got the golden boot playing mainly on the left.

Richie is averaging 0.62 goals per 90 from open play this season. Kane averaged 0.66 goals per 90 from open play last season.

He's not as bad as some people are making him out to be.

Yes, but Richi is in a purple patch (one of his better career runs), Kane's purple patch lasted a decade ..

Son, Richi and rest of front line really can't be judged on effectiveness in this side until we get our first 11 out consistently and Ange's system has truly settled in.

He got the golden boot playing mainly on the left.
No that season he moved into the centre areas mainly. It was the following season when he did play a lot more on the left when his goals dried up.

He was ostensibly starting LWF but Kane dropped deep a lot that year and Son would make diagonal to the centre runs inward.

He is a good forward to have. Reading nonsense from some posters on here every time he misses a chance about how he should be sold and isn't good enough really is irritating. He's not Harry Kane, but few and far ever will be close to Kane. He is an Ange type forward in that he can operate across the front 3, brilliant at pressing from the front and will get goals. He can improve his finishing, more so his 1 v 1 type of chances but he is showing his worth which is hardly a surprise considering this is the first time he has had a decent stint playing up front....

He’s doing very well at the moment. I still have my doubts about him as a finisher and his general creativity. Poor finishing is one of the things that cost Arsenal last season IMO and it’s a reason why they’ve struggled recently, creating chances hasn’t been an issue, finishing them has. If Richarlison can continue this form over a season (I except he will have bouts of bad form too) then I’ll start to change my mind. As of now today, I still think he’s upgradable but a good option off the bench when everyone is fit and available.

Yes, but Richi is in a purple patch (one of his better career runs), Kane's purple patch lasted a decade ..

Son, Richi and rest of front line really can't be judged on effectiveness in this side until we get our first 11 out consistently and Ange's system has truly settled in.
If he's in a purple patch when we have had so many starters missing (and some of our most creative ones too), then I do expect he will do even better when we have the whole team back. Don't get me wrong, he's no Kane. But he's no donkey either that we absolutely must upgrade on.

I'll hopefully be wrong but he's not really been getting into shooting positions when he's played out wide and his performances have been pretty poor out there for me.

It's possible he rekindles some years old form but irrespective of Ange I just feel over recent years Son has become more useful in the central spaces as opposed to outside.
While Son appears to be a better finisher he also seems to be incapable of holding the ball up

While Son appears to be a better finisher he also seems to be incapable of holding the ball up
Son can’t hold the ball up because he gash in the air and he takes the ball with a wide stance
that stance though means he can move bloody quickly with it which is his strength and that opens up space to shoot

Back