• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings Vs Notlob

I certainly support the lad in the ground, but in a forum I can express my honest opinions on him as a footballer. I do understand where your coming from though

Of course, in a ratings thread everyone wants to see this but my argument was more of a nitpick tbh

I actually think VDV has had a few very good games for us recently.

Seems he's a little under appreciated by Spurs fans ...

So true :lol: To be honest, a formation is dictated by when you DON'T have the ball. When a team has the ball I would expect the team to be fluid with players roaming out of position.

What I'd really love to see us do more when we are dominating possession is have one of the centre halves run the ball out of defence and give it and continue their run. A late arriving centre half causes havoc in almost any attack.

Its a tactic Arsenal do well and at times we do with Kaboul until he gets a nose bleed by going too far.

Ade 7 - To be honest, he gets +1 for each goal otherwise I'd have given him a 5! He was dreadful today, but fudge it he scored two goals and if a striker does that and we win you can't be too harsh right?!

I was quite disagreeing with Mumorn, this makes more sense, but I feel that Ade deserves at least an 8 tonight, scoring two goals away on a pitch that we never win at is worthy of some recognition. Those goals is what he is paid to do, I don't care if he didn't do anything else, hasn't he like 11 assists this season already?

after reading the first page I just cannot go any further.. a striker scores two goals away, equals 7!!?

after reading the first page I just cannot go any further.. a striker scores two goals away, equals 7!!?

If he had scored 2 goals and put in the poor performance he did today and we had lost 4-2, would he still deserve more than a 7? Bollox. a win seems to blind people on here.

I'm no Ekotto fan but one thing Ekotto is, is a bloody good footballer. It's Ekotto as a defender I don't rate. Ekotto's first touch, close control etc is superb and for me where Rose really looked poor was that he struggled to bring the ball down, or he'd over run it etc. Makes me realise just how good our team is technically. The amount of poor balls that are played to Modric, VDV, Bale etc and yet they make something of them or we retain possession. Ekotto does that too, but Rose simply doesn't have the ability to be able to do that. And that doesn't make Rose a bad player, it just shows how far we've come!

Great post, good point and well made

He was, and has been all season against poor opposition as well.
Completely out of his depth and the weakest PL footballer i have ever seen.
A liability, he needs to be dropped, he's going to cost us big time.

fudge me he wasn't that bad.

What you said wasn't even correct, he was probably our best player against Stevenage ages ago on their turf, was really our only threat, out on left wing or left back (can't remember) that day.

Sure he was shaky but you're comments are unwarrented. Who else have we got to play LB?

fudge me he wasn't that bad.

What you said wasn't even correct, he was probably our best player against Stevenage ages ago on their turf, was really our only threat, out on left wing or left back (can't remember) that day.

Sure he was shaky but you're comments are unwarrented. Who else have we got to play LB?

Everything about his performance was shocking.

Who else can play left back is irrelevant to his performance, that's Harrys fault for letting players go out on loan that could have all played LB.

I would actually rather have ANYONE in our squad playing LB,including playing somebody completely out of position.

He was LW against Stevenage iirc, started poorly, had the freedom of the LW and put in a couple of decent crosses after a few very poor crosses and some people thought he played well. He was no better than average that day imo.

It's not his fault he is being asked to play LB, he is an average to poor LW, and definitely not a LB, he never will be.

Sorry if i am being harsh, just how i feel about him playing in this position.

Brad - 6 - could have done better with their goal, little else to do

Walker - 6 - struggled with Petrov at times
Gallas - 7 - some vital tackles
Kaboul - 7 - solid
Rose - 5 - struggled

Lennon - 7 - threat throughout
Sandro - 7 - battled hard
Modric - 8 - MotM performance capped with a quality strike
Bale - 7 - two quality assists, much better second half

VdV - 7 - worked hard, great finish
Ade - 7 - grabbed a brace

Modric MoM, great performance. It was him that released Bale for the 2-1 goal as well at a very important time where we couldn't keep possession for the life of us. I think he switched off a bit for their goal though.

Most of the rest of the team did well. Ade and Rafa were a bit sloppy in the first half, but Ade scored twice and VdV got better as the match wore on.

Walker started very well I thouhgt, but then made a couple of mistakes later on.

I think some people are a bit harsh on Rose. He's no Ekotto of course and was probably the worst of our lot, but he wasn't poor in my opinion.

I actually think VDV has had a few very good games for us recently.

Seems he's a little under appreciated by Spurs fans ...

Very.

Sometimes I am shocked by Spurs fans, in particular in threads about "this-windows-transfers" and about formations. When people are trying to be creative he is amongst the first players to be written out or fluffy bunnies cuddlingd for a transfer. Or even being called "too old". fudge knows what that makes of Defoe, Parker and Gallas !

Gobsmacking. I genuinely sense, that a whole lot of people don't understand football with formations of uneven strikers numbers and the concept of a # 10.

Back