• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings Vs Notlob

One thing that has surprised me recently is that, if you look at the distance covered statistics, VdV is always right up there, usually top in fact, covering more ground than Bale et al. Yesterday he was only bettered by Sandro (until he was taken off).

He's produced similar stats in most games yet he's often branded lazy, uninvolved and not tracking back enough. Perception goes a long way

Last edited:
He's produces similar stats in most games yet he's often branded lazy, uninvolved and not tracking back enough. Perception goes a long way

Precisely.

And it leads me to think, that people do not watch our games at all, they just see the highlights on MOTD and look up thats at soccernet or whereever. It's pretty hilarious, taking in mind the abuse going back and forth between people watching games live vs. people going to games.

Sure people may go. Sure others may see it on TV. But I've learned, that no matter which of the groups you fit into, it's no guarantee for actually WATCHING the game itself, seeing what's going on.

And it's not complicated theoretical stuff. How can people slag off one of the players, who consistently works the hardest, even when not fully fit for long periods ? Interesting stuff.

That said, I think his season has been mediocre. Not enough assists or assists-for-assists. He might be a player, who works himself great into scoring positions, but he has also spurned those chances in some crucial games where we lost points. Not saying it's all his fault - just that he can do better. Much better.

I think Rose needs a few more games to prove himself, he is getting a harsh reception on here

Precisely.

And it leads me to think, that people do not watch our games at all, they just see the highlights on MOTD and look up thats at soccernet or whereever. It's pretty hilarious, taking in mind the abuse going back and forth between people watching games live vs. people going to games.

Sure people may go. Sure others may see it on TV. But I've learned, that no matter which of the groups you fit into, it's no guarantee for actually WATCHING the game itself, seeing what's going on.

And it's not complicated theoretical stuff. How can people slag off one of the players, who consistently works the hardest, even when not fully fit for long periods ? Interesting stuff.

That said, I think his season has been mediocre. Not enough assists or assists-for-assists. He might be a player, who works himself great into scoring positions, but he has also spurned those chances in some crucial games where we lost points. Not saying it's all his fault - just that he can do better. Much better.

I gave up on arguing that corner long ago - the wave of vitrol was beyond beyond overwhelming. He's quite possibly one of the single least appreciated palyers at the moment - something which is both hilarious and sad at the same time. One of our very few proven winners at the club, a players who's actually won stuff during his career and one who looks like he's ready to the die for the club every time he steps on the field.

Said numerous times he won't leave even if we kock-up 4th and even offered to give some of his wages to Ade in order to make him stay.

A great player who gives it all every game and a great character to match. Sometimes I don't know what fans want.

Last edited:
A great player who gives it all evert game and a great character to match. Sometimes I don't know what fans want.

If you change the word player to Manager then you have exactly the same thing about Redknapp. I also just don't understand what fans want sometimes.

I gave up on arguing that corner long ago - the wave of votrol was beyond beyond overwhelming. He's quite possibly one of the single least appreciated palyers at the moment - something which is both hilarious and sad at the same time. One of our very few proven winners at the club, a players who's actually won stuff during his carreer and one who looks like he's ready to the die for the club every time he steps on the field.

Said numerous times he won't leave even if we kock-up 4th and even offered to give some of his wages to Ade in order to make him stay.

A great player who gives it all every game and a great character to match. Sometimes I don't know what fans want.

According to Twitter he and Sylvie (mmmm :p Sylvie) moved to a new home not too long ago, and although she works in Cologne, he has consistently commited himself to Spurs. And applies that commitment on the pitch too.

I wish people like Bale, Modric and others would make the same commitment. And show it.

If you change the word player to Manager then you have exactly the same thing about Redknapp. I also just don't understand what fans want sometimes.

Please don't turn a completely unrelated thread off-topic with your extremist Arry agenda again. We've discussed this at length elsewhere.

If you seek genuine discussion - let's take it to the appropriate thread.

Please don't turn a completely unrelated thread off-topic with your extremist Arry agenda again. We've discussed this at length elsewhere.

If you seek genuine discussion - let's take it to the appropriate thread.

I'm just saying I agree with you. I don't understand what some fans want. I see players, and our Manager, getting slated for doing well. I see other players being held up as cult figures or worshipped when they are poor but look good in highlight reels or for 10 minutes a match. I see on this very forum Redknapp, VDV, Bale, Parker and Modric getting unbelievable OTT criticism almost every time I come on the forum.

According to Twitter he and Sylvie (mmmm :p Sylvie) moved to a new home not too long ago, and although she works in Cologne, he has consistently commited himself to Spurs. And applies that commitment on the pitch too.

I wish people like Bale, Modric and others would make the same commitment. And show it.

They won't because they're mercenaries who's heads would turn as soon as the G14 come hitching skirt. Bale recent comments and Arry's hints on Luka say it all, I'm afraid. I also feel Levy's massive statement on Luka last summer would be all in vain if we fail to make the CL qualification spots

VdV genuinely likes the club, the fans and of course - London. He's 30 soon and probably looks to settle down for the decent - I'd be more than delighted just to add

I'm just saying I agree with you. I don't understand what some fans want. I see players, and our Manager, getting slated for doing well. I see other players being held up as cult figures or worshipped when they are poor but look good in highlight reels or for 10 minutes a match. I see on this very forum Redknapp, VDV, Bale, Parker and Modric getting unbelievable OTT criticism almost every time I come on the forum.

One suggestion - victims of their own success. Once the bar is set high - people expect Puskas-like goal returns every game. Not so long ago we had a midfield of Malbranque, Tainio and Zokora. Jesus Christ.

As for Redknapp - it's how he handled the England speculation which is my biggest gripe not so much our results per se (bar 2 or 3 recent questionable tactical decisions) - one came largerly as a result of the other, imv

They won't because they're mercenaries who's heads would turn as soon as the G14 come hitching skirt. Bale recent comments and Arry's hints on Luka say it all, I'm afraid. I also feel Levy's massive statement on Luka last summer would be all in vain if we fail to make the CL qualification spots

VdV genuinely likes the club, the fans and of course - London. He's 30 soon and probably looks to settle down for the decent - I'd be more than delighted just to add

Have to remember VDV is at a different stage of his career. He's been at the top, he's been at Real Madrid. Modric hasn't been at that level yet and deserves to be, Bale is still so young and so talented that his ambitions will naturally lie at the very top. Would VDV behave in such a contented way if he was here at 25/26 years of age? I'm not so sure. Either way, I love him as a player and have massive respect for how he conducts himself.

Regarding his fitness, I have never thought he was lazy but the last month or two I have really noticed the difference in how much more he gets around the pitch and this is reflected by the fact he gets substituted a lot later in games now, if at all.....

Precisely.

I pretty much agree, he really should unlock more doors for us. Maybe as some others have noted just playing further up the pitch would help, i hate the collecting it 5yds away from kaboul/gallas business. (robbie keane style). As for recent chances, so many have by coincidence fallen on his right foot, and that continued last night. UNTIL bale played it on to his left and Rafa showed the one thing he definately is, the best finisher at the club.

Love his spirit and attitude, still think HR has to keep on the right side of him though

He's produced similar stats in most games yet he's often branded lazy, uninvolved and not tracking back enough. Perception goes a long way

I agree, at the very least since December or thereabouts his work rate has been very good.

I think he struggled last season because he didn't get a proper pre-season and never reached his peak fitness levels. Hopefully the Euros this summer won't screw his fitness up too much.

Have to remember VDV is at a different stage of his career. He's been at the top, he's been at Real Madrid. Modric hasn't been at that level yet and deserves to be, Bale is still so young and so talented that his ambitions will naturally lie at the very top. Would VDV behave in such a contented way if he was here at 25/26 years of age? I'm not so sure. Either way, I love him as a player and have massive respect for how he conducts himself.

This is very true,VdV was a huge prick at Hamburg,even took pictures of himself in a Valencia shirt and was absolutely livid when they wouldn't let him go play there.

Everything about his performance was shocking.

Who else can play left back is irrelevant to his performance, that's Harrys fault for letting players go out on loan that could have all played LB.

I would actually rather have ANYONE in our squad playing LB,including playing somebody completely out of position.

He was LW against Stevenage iirc, started poorly, had the freedom of the LW and put in a couple of decent crosses after a few very poor crosses and some people thought he played well. He was no better than average that day imo.

It's not his fault he is being asked to play LB, he is an average to poor LW, and definitely not a LB, he never will be.

Sorry if i am being harsh, just how i feel about him playing in this position.

Was our best player against Stevenage no doubt, thus what you said wasn't right.

You'd rather have Gomes or Defoe at left back?

Don't get me wrong I don't think he's the finished article at LB, but he's got potential and he's had very little football all season and also injuries so it's tough coming in to the line up for such a crucial time. We've left ourselves short at left back, ideally we'll get a versatile sqaud member who can fill in at left back when Benny's injured or needs a break, ie Chivu or Vertonghen, actually I'm overlooking Naughton for some reason; leaving Rose to have a season playing regular football in the premier league where he can develop as a player.

He struggled, but he didn't have any serious mistakes that led to goals or anything, he's still feeling his way in to things and some support wouldn't go amiss, fair enough if you don't rate him but I think you're pretty harsh. He was nothing other than professional and decent when he came in on the end of last season, no reason why he won't be able to achieve that form again once he gets up and running.

Sandro was the dogs danglies last night, he must be the most impressive tackler I have seen in a Spurs shirt in a long time, he must be an absolute nightmare to play against. Last night he was turning around 60:40 tackles, intercepting players before they could control the ball and not only cutting out passes with his head, but invariably picking out a Spurs player with his header (unless he's just phenominally lucky)

With Modric and Lennon complimenting him so well it was great to watch. No idea whats going on with Bale though, almost nothing came off for him except the passes for goals, his attempts at getting past people were very hit and miss. Not a bad game for him, just lacking in that wing play that makes him so thrilling to watch.

I must have missed the backpass incident with Friedel that spursalot mentioned - what happened there?

Sandro was the dogs danglies last night, he must be the most impressive tackler I have seen in a Spurs shirt in a long time, he must be an absolute nightmare to play against. Last night he was turning around 60:40 tackles, intercepting players before they could control the ball and not only cutting out passes with his head, but invariably picking out a Spurs player with his header (unless he's just phenominally lucky)

With Modric and Lennon complimenting him so well it was great to watch. No idea whats going on with Bale though, almost nothing came off for him except the passes for goals, his attempts at getting past people were very hit and miss. Not a bad game for him, just lacking in that wing play that makes him so thrilling to watch.

I must have missed the backpass incident with Friedel that spursalot mentioned - what happened there?

Gomes moment for Freidel. Completely missed controlling a backpass and was fortunate for it not to go in our own net at 1-1.

Though the way things have gone we do deserve any luck we get.

Huge prick at Hamburg ?

LOL. The revisonism !

Hamburg wanted him back when we signed him from Madrid. Probably still do. So did Ajax. Probably still do (if de Boer has half a brain).

He's a model professional. Not without temper. Not without flaws (Valencia shirt tugging before transfer confirmed, ouch!). But compared to the rest of our boys as pro as anyone.

He doesn't deserve the abuse, the allegations of unprofessionalism nor the use of explictives.

Did you notice how little he overcommits ? And how quickly he recovers when sliding in ? Class.

Class defensive midfielders young enough to have quick feet are worth their weight in cold.

Back