• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings Vs Notlob

They won't because they're mercenaries who's heads would turn as soon as the G14 come hitching skirt. Bale recent comments and Arry's hints on Luka say it all, I'm afraid. I also feel Levy's massive statement on Luka last summer would be all in vain if we fail to make the CL qualification spots

VdV genuinely likes the club, the fans and of course - London. He's 30 soon and probably looks to settle down for the decent - I'd be more than delighted just to add

Do you think his club at hamburg are saying the same thing- VDV did exactly the same at that period in his career. Bale & Luka are not mercenaries, they have no real ties to the club and are ambitious. Al the top players are the same, if we want to keep these plaers we need to match their ambition.

Precisely.

And it leads me to think, that people do not watch our games at all, they just see the highlights on MOTD and look up thats at soccernet or whereever. It's pretty hilarious, taking in mind the abuse going back and forth between people watching games live vs. people going to games.

Sure people may go. Sure others may see it on TV. But I've learned, that no matter which of the groups you fit into, it's no guarantee for actually WATCHING the game itself, seeing what's going on.

And it's not complicated theoretical stuff. How can people slag off one of the players, who consistently works the hardest, even when not fully fit for long periods ? Interesting stuff.

That said, I think his season has been mediocre. Not enough assists or assists-for-assists. He might be a player, who works himself great into scoring positions, but he has also spurned those chances in some crucial games where we lost points. Not saying it's all his fault - just that he can do better. Much better.

VDV is very underrated by us, but yes he has missed a few sitters I would expect him to have buried a year ago. However is all round contribution is brilliant. A lot of people don't notice the subtleties in football and instead would rather some lionhearted player thundering into challenges at 100mph whilst beating his chest.

Brad - 6 - could have done better with their goal, little else to do

Walker - 6 - struggled with Petrov at times
Gallas - 7 - some vital tackles
Kaboul - 7 - solid
Rose - 5 - struggled

Lennon - 7 - threat throughout
Sandro - 7 - battled hard
Modric - 8 - MotM performance capped with a quality strike
Bale - 7 - two quality assists, much better second half

VdV - 7 - worked hard, great finish
Ade - 7 - grabbed a brace

blimey... a free man, unmarked shooting first time from what, 8 or 9 yards??

blimey... a free man, unmarked shooting first time from what, 8 or 9 yards??

The shot was from around 12 yards actually and went under his dive (shooting across goal - he was on the edge of the 6 yard - check the highlights - felt he could have gotten down quicker, that's all

VDV is very underrated by us, but yes he has missed a few sitters I would expect him to have buried a year ago. However is all round contribution is brilliant. A lot of people don't notice the subtleties in football and instead would rather some lionhearted player thundering into challenges at 100mph whilst beating his chest.

That's so ironic considering you fail to see what Parker does so well for us (which isn't thundering into 100mph challenges or beat his chest by the way)!

My first reaction to their goal was whether Brad could've done better. It was hardly a rocket and wasn't in the corner either.

Precisely.

And it leads me to think, that people do not watch our games at all, they just see the highlights on MOTD and look up thats at soccernet or whereever. It's pretty hilarious, taking in mind the abuse going back and forth between people watching games live vs. people going to games.

Sure people may go. Sure others may see it on TV. But I've learned, that no matter which of the groups you fit into, it's no guarantee for actually WATCHING the game itself, seeing what's going on.

And it's not complicated theoretical stuff. How can people slag off one of the players, who consistently works the hardest, even when not fully fit for long periods ? Interesting stuff.

That said, I think his season has been mediocre. Not enough assists or assists-for-assists. He might be a player, who works himself great into scoring positions, but he has also spurned those chances in some crucial games where we lost points. Not saying it's all his fault - just that he can do better. Much better.

the damndest thing then when people actually watch someone with paricular interest and yet come out seeing things differently from someone watching the game overall. When VDV is not tracking back the man isnt tracking back, when he has his zokora moments then he has them, no amount of potential hypotheticals / scenarios is going to cloud my eyes when i see him stare at a guy running away from him and him doing a good impersonation of little legs attached to chronic back aches. he said himself along the lines "defending / tracking back is not my thing, i dont do that"...WTF?!

yet there are games where he's clearly working hard and working hard in the right manner, and to be honest during our bad run i got to appreciate him more..but even he couldnt stop the rot..but at least i can stop demanding that he works 'harder' ....he does his bit for the team and i should be happy

once you i saw the replay of the goal i thought Friedel should have done better - it wasn't really hit with much power and was pretty much underneath him, can see why some would mark him down for it

once you i saw the replay of the goal i thought Friedel should have done better - it wasn't really hit with much power and was pretty much underneath him, can see why some would mark him down for it

a tactically astute manager would have played Bentley as a rush goalie

Friedel - 7 Some good saves, but the backpass moment takes him down half a point.

Walker - 7 He did well against Petrov for the most part, but lost him a couple of times.

Kaboul - 7.5 Solid.

Gallas - 7 Should have got a free kick before the handball incident, but still loses 0.5 for that.

Rose - 6 Loses 0.5 for nearly letting someone in 1v1, he tried but if BAE had put in that performance, BAE would get less than a 3 for it. It's not Rose's fault that he's a converted left winger that's backup LB for a side challenging for CL football.

Lennon - 8 fudge yes. Constantly had the beating of their LB, was a huge counter-attacking threat as always, got an assist, is awesome.

Modric - 9 Loses 0.5 for not defending for their goal, but great assist and great goal. Also, great ball to put in Lennon... I can't remember if he put in Bale too.. If so, he got 1 goal, 1 assist and 2 assist assists. He was involved in all 5 goals. (He needs to practice corners a tiny bit more though, when VDV went off, we had issues clearing the first man.)

Sandro - 7.75 Had a few slightly strange moments, for example, he was challenging Kevin Davies for a header at one point and ended up stepping back to let Walker challenge for the header instead... (The timing made it strange, Kevin Davies was just about to jump when Sandro stepped back.) I'm not sure if it's just a case of him not being completely in sync with the defence yet, but there was something about the performance that just wasn't quite right.. It was still very good though, better than 7.5 but not quite an 8, hence the strange rating. He was good though, his tackling was great as it usually is, he did well when we switched to 4-1-4-1 for a little while, he was very very good... But moments like him taking out Friedel stopped me feeling like Sandro could singlehandedly stop them from scoring.

Bale - 6.5 I don't even know how to rate him. In the first half, he and Ade were fudging awful. I am usually a huge fan of Ade and a fan of Bale when he stays on the wing for most of the half, but it was strange... He had a good shot, but he roamed to the point that he took himself out of the game and then when he was on the left wing, he walked into the RB... It was really strange. In the second half, he grew into the game, he was very good when we counter-attacked and got an assist... At the end of the match he was very good...

VDV - 8.5 I think he took the corner to Modric, so 1 goal and 1 assist. He was his usual awesome self.

Ade - 7.5 Like Bale, I don't really know how to rate him. He was really bad in the first half, his touch, control and everything was very poor... He scored and he came alive, he got another and hopefully he goes into the next game full of confidence... Also, he nearly let their RB score from a set piece, so that's why despite scoring 2 goals, I didn't feel it was an 8 or higher performance.

I think Rose needs a few more games to prove himself, he is getting a harsh reception on here

Exactly! I remember being at Anfield last year and Rose had a great game at left back. As for last night, was it me, or did Bale provide better cover for Rose than he usually provides for Benoit?

I think some of you have amps that go up to 11 ...

Friedel 6 - stood up well to one in the first half. Did OK in the second.
Walker 5 - caught out of position a couple of times
Rose 4 - not really in tune with the full back concept yet, defensively
Gallas 6 - love his positioning
Kaboul 6 - combative, but why wasn't he marking Elbows Kev on set pieces?
Sandro 6 - I am clearly out off step with the consensus on this rating. First half I was disappointed at his control, his passing, his propensity to give away free kicks in dangerous areas and his marking of Elbows Kev on set pieces. Redeemed himself in the second half during their spell of pressure, especially with some brave headers from corners.
Modric 8 - if one were to be critical, he played too deep and he failed to track Reo Coker on their goal. However, passing was incisive and his goal was a great hit.
Lennon 7 - really sharp and productive, though he was quiet for long periods. "He wriggles like a glow worm, dances like a spinning top, he's got a crazy partner, you ought to see him reel and rock ..."
Bale 6 - Inept and listless for much of the first half. Shot a few fish in barrels in the second half.
VdV 7 - the cement that keeps the front half of the team together.
Ade 6 - I know; he scored two goals and only gets a 6. Like Bambi on ice in the first half, or Peter Crouch without the ball control and lightning pace. First goal was a Mick Quinn tap-in but he took the second well, though it was worrying how little he trusted his left foot from 8 yards into an empty net.

Of the subs, Saha looked dozy. Jake was Jake and Nelsen was fine, apart from when he sold himself a dummy.

My amp only goes up to 9.

I thought Bolton were a bit unfortunate. Some decisions went against them, though, ironically, that worked in their fsvour for the goal.

Back