• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings - Chelsea (A)

ArcspacE

Banned
Hugo - 6 - ok

Walker - 7 - good performance
Dawson - 6 - some shaky moments
Verts - 7 - solid
BAE - 4 - shocking brick

Holtby - 6 - tried
Hudd - 4 - terrible
Parker - 5 - poor

Bale - 5 - invisible
Ade - 8 - dominating performance
Lennon - 5 - no impact

Sig - 7 - great game
Dempsey - 6 - little time

Disappointed not to see Defoe coming in the last 10-15 mins

Huddlestone the big disappointment. He was clearly tired at the end, his set pieces were terrible. Siggy should have taken them once he came on

Hugo - 6

Walker - 7.5
Dawson - 6
Vertonghen - 7.5
Bae - 6

Holtby - 7
Parker - 4.5
Huddlestone - 4.5

Bale - 4
Ade - 8
Lennon 5

Sig - 7
Dempsey - 6

Annoyed Carroll didn't come on for Parker for the last ten.

Agree on BAE, he has completely lost it. Not good enough for Tottenham any more, get rid.

Also agree on Bale, he can't claim to be in the world elite if he becomes a spectator in a crunch match. Hopefully his suitors are put off his asking price now.

Sig needed to start, he changed the game when he came on. Holtby is a terrier but was not the kind of player for this game. Ah well.

Adebayor MOM. fudging sensational performance, I really wish he could show that every week.

If Huddlestone ever puts on a Spurs shirt again then I don't want AVB as our manager.

Ratings v Chelsea

Lloris - 6. Poor distribution again, possibly could have done better for their second?

Walker - 6. Decent defensively, but wish he would cross first time more often.
Dawson - 6. Brave display going in where it hurts. Couple of lapses.
Vert' - 7. Pick of the defenders. Seems to have telescopic legs sometimes.
BAE - 5. Poor display. Sloppy in possesion and caught out. Nice pass for Ade to set up the goal though.

Lennon - 4. Totally ineffective. Offered nothing. Still injured is my guess.
Huddlestone - 5. Very poor. Looked lethargic and awful passing.
Parker - 4. Has become a liability. His lack of effort in tracking back cost us the second goal.
Holtby - 6. Must have covered every blade of grass. Was surprised he came off and not Parker.

Bale - 5. Disappointing game. Gave the ball away and had trouble finding space.
Adebayor - 8. Superb performance which is what annoys supporters, as we know he can do it.

Subs:
Dempsey - 5. Invisible apart from one (I think) poor shot
Sig' - 7. Changed the game by offering balance on the left-hand side.

Walker was my Man of Match he was exceptional and held up play a few times which benefited us in a poor defensive display but Ade played well very well - especially towards the end.

Bale wasnt that great but I thinkt he fact he was triple marked had something to do with it - which in itself is a good thing as it means two players are unmarked - we just couldnt capitalise.

Lloris - 6. Poor distribution again, possibly could have done better for their second?

Walker - 6. Decent defensively, but wish he would cross first time more often.
Dawson - 6. Brave display going in where it hurts. Couple of lapses.
Vert' - 7. Pick of the defenders. Seems to have telescopic legs sometimes.
BAE - 5. Poor display. Sloppy in possesion and caught out. Nice pass for Ade to set up the goal though.

Lennon - 4. Totally ineffective. Offered nothing. Still injured is my guess.
Huddlestone - 5. Very poor. Looked lethargic and awful passing.
Parker - 4. Has become a liability. His lack of effort in tracking back cost us the second goal.
Holtby - 6. Must have covered every blade of grass. Was surprised he came off and not Parker.

Bale - 5. Disappointing game. Gave the ball away and had trouble finding space.
Adebayor - 8. Superb performance which is what annoys supporters, as we know he can do it.

Subs:
Dempsey - 5. Invisible apart from one (I think) poor shot
Sig' - 7. Changed the game by offering balance on the left-hand side.

Bale went from invisible at the weekend to poor today.

BAE overrates his abilities at times, but had some good involvements too.

Parker brick first half, mostly invisible second.

Sig should have started in place of Parker.

Our set pieces are brick. At least have Bale take inswingers from the right.

LLoris 6 Not that much to do in the end

Walker 7 This guy is doing better and better all the time

Dawson 5 They had too much pace

Vertonghen 7 Top player. Captain next season?

Benny 4 I just have had enough of him being so sloppy and half hearted

Parker 5 Why does he want to be a number 10 and ends up being tired ? Stay in front of the defense, one touch and pass

Huddlestone 4 Just not good enough for big games like this with big tempo. That free kick at the end...So unprofessionnal

Lennon 4 Nothing. How many times have I said that this season?

Bale 4 Not his day

Holtby 5 Tried I suppose, but what I want his quality, anyone can try. Not sure hes that good a footballer to be honest.

Adebayor 9 Screamer, wonderful backheel, unplayable. Makes you wonder if he was even trying in any other games..:lol:

A few days ago half the people on this board were saying that Thudd was our saviour! Now no-one likes him!!!

Lloris - 7 not to blame for either goal
Walker - 8 he was that good, he played like he wanted it
Dawson - 5 made repeated mistakes including for both goals
Vertonghen - 6 was poor along with dawson
Assou Ekotto - 7 was his usual self played some great balls
Parker - 6 made a few fudge ups as usual
Huddlestone - 5 his set plays were all terrible, his long passing in general was poor and was easily pressed by them
Lennon - 6 didnt look fit made a few good runs
Holtby - 7 looked great in the first half making runs pressing high and always wanting the ball, faded out of the game in the second half
Bale - 6 lost on the left for most of the game looked better on the right but never had any real pass to work in
Adebayor - 8 best game he's had since Saudi Sportswashing Machine last year, and its not even based on the goal, held the ball up so well, dropped deep linked play

Siggy - 8 superb off the ball movement creating options, worked his arse off and deserved his goal
Dempsey - 6 never got into the game

Annoyed Carroll didn't come on for Parker for the last ten.

obviously it was the goal which made him hold off but i genuinely think we would have improved our chances of a winner had he came on and tidied up the passing through the middle.

oh well.

pretty much agree with Arcs ratings in the OP

5 for Benny though

A few days ago half the people on this board were saying that Thudd was our saviour! Now no-one likes him!!!

Its pretty simple. He came on and had 20minutes good minutes with basle away, and City at home. I said dont start him and everyone said lets start him. All we had to do is play him for 20minutes at the end.

He is just isnt fit enough to run around chasing attackers and going forward. You want him to come for 15 minutes when we're chasing the game, and pass DIRECT to Bale or Defoe. NO more.

I feel Hud would just get a huge nail on his head every time when his 20+ yards long pass didn't reach .
He was actually below par IMO , hot and cold ,some neatly passes (the pass to Ade misjudged by the assistant referee) but also some awful and misplace passes .
I am not saying he did well (TBH nowhere )tonight but i don't think he deserve such heavy criticism as well.

Last edited:
I feel Hud would just get a huge nail on his head every time when his 20+ yards long pass didn't reach .
He was actually below par IMO , hot and cold ,some neatly passes (the pass to Ade misjudged by the assistant referee) but also some awful and misplace passes .
I am not saying he did well tonight but i don't think he deserve such heavy criticism as well.

Same here. Whilst well below the level he's played at in the past, he's our only midfielder who can switch the play quickly and catch opponents out of shape (see the build up for our 2nd goal).

Wrong game for him. I'd hold him responsible for the second goal actually, Torres just embarrassed him. We needed a more mobile and combative midfield to take on Chelsea's. I'd have put Livermore in there... he did such a job for us last season, I'd say this year he's been underused. Hudd was sitting so deep but didnt put in one penetrative ball (well I suppose he did but Ade was wrongly called offside). Otherwise it was just possession keeping sideways balls, nothing wrong with that but we could have had Livermore doing the same job and at least causing Chelsea to rush when they had the ball.

Don't get me wrong I love the guy but with our squad we should be using him as appropriate, and today wasn't it. Against a lesser team then Id agree with overloading the midfield but they were just too good and too many for him.

Lloris 7
Walker 8
Dawson 6
Vertonghen 7
Assou Ekotto 6
Parker 7
Huddlestone 5
Lennon 5
Bale 6
Holtby 5
Adebayor 9

Dempsey 6
Sigurðsson 8

Hudd made some very good passes too. Just too much pressure and fudged 2 set pieces towards the end of the game - which is why he's getting a bashing.

But it is his lack of mobility that is his weakness, if he could move on his toes more, he'd be first name on the team sheet. Fantastic passing. As said above, quick players will always leave him for dead. You have to accommodate Thud. But if you can, he will win you games by picking defense splitting passes.

Back