• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings - Chelsea (A)

Will have to watch again but certainly on the 2nd goal I felt Vertonghen was in a prime position to win the ball but committed too early allowing Ramirez to nip in. It also appeared to me that most of Chelsea's threat came down that side rather than Daws and Walkers.

Will have to watch again but certainly on the 2nd goal I felt Vertonghen was in a prime position to win the ball but committed too early allowing Ramirez to nip in. It also appeared to me that most of Chelsea's threat came down that side rather than Daws and Walkers.

It did, however that seems to be the way teams try to line up against us. They know that the LW (Whoever it seems to be) won't get back and help out defensively, allowing them to overload that side and get past Bae.

Dont think he should ever have slid in for that tackle unless he was 100% sure he would make it.
It was the only mistake he made either. Torres completely losing him at one point was embarrassing.

It is extremely suitable - I love seeing Spurs do well. Hence why I made that comment.

"Come On Your Spurs" is something we sing in support of your team - is your comment about Hudd really getting behind a player who tries as hard as anyone else?

Lloris 6
Walker 8
Dawson 6
Vertonghen 6
Ekotto 5.5
Parker 5
Huddlestone 6
Bale 5
Holtby 6
Lennon 5
Adebayor 8.5

Siggy 7.5
Dempsey 5

Huddlestone hit more successful passes than anyone b the pitch. I thought his set pieces were poor but no where near as bad as some comments

Lloris 6
Walker 8
Dawson 6
Vertonghen 6
Ekotto 5.5
Parker 5
Huddlestone 6
Bale 5
Holtby 6
Lennon 5
Adebayor 8.5

Siggy 7.5
Dempsey 5

Huddlestone hit more successful passes than anyone b the pitch. I thought his set pieces were poor but no where near as bad as some comments

That's how I saw it too except for Parker who I think is a liability to the team now. I'd give him a 4 or less. The funny thing is I used to be a big fan of Parker but now I think he adds almost nothing. He had a few good moments near the end including one excellent tackle but the game is passed him by for 80 mins.

"Come On Your Spurs" is something we sing in support of your team - is your comment about Hudd really getting behind a player who tries as hard as anyone else?

He's not good enough. I don't care how hard he tries, he did nothing to help our team tonight.

Amazed at the criticism of Hudd.
Il be honest, i watched the game in a pub, sinking pints to ease the nerves so perhaps i misread things....But i thought tommy was great? Lots and lots of quick, clever passes that we dont often see since Mod left. Some poor set pieces but that does not constitute a bad game. I was thinking that 433 has made Hudd a viable possibility, as his awareness shone through on many occasions this eve against a great midfield.

Amazed at the criticism of Hudd.
Il be honest, i watched the game in a pub, sinking pints to ease the nerves so perhaps i misread things....But i thought tommy was great? Lots and lots of quick, clever passes that we dont often see since Mod left. Some poor set pieces but that does not constitute a bad game. I was thinking that 433 has made Hudd a viable possibility, as his awareness shone through on many occasions this eve against a great midfield.
I'm stunned too. Sometimes after reading this forum I often think I must know very little about this game

1st goal Dawson was miles away from Cahill, didn't follow him at all which allowed Cahill free reign to flick the ball on, followed by Parker's fudge up.

2nd goal Dawson left too much of a gap between himself and Verts, Verts had to go wide as Bae was outnumbered.

2nd goal was a mixture many players. Mata was left unmarked in midfield, which meant Dawson couldn't drop back as quickly as he wanted. Either Hudd or Parker should have been out there. Then Vertonghen lets Ramirez sneak in behind him by focusing on the 2-on-2 situation in front of him.

Lloris 7 - Sharp and very, very confident in the box during a tumultuous first-half.

Walker 8.5 - Best game of the season for me. Absolutely superb effort, determination, drive and strength. Basically played the right side himself...and then some other positions too!

Dawson 6 - made me nervous the entire first-half but tightened up. Courageous stuff from the skipper.

Vertonghen 6 - terrible first-half, very credible second.

Ekotto 6 - tough one to judge. He did not have a great game at all, however once again he was absolutely alone on the left for much of the match.

Parker 6 - would've been my bet to be subbed, with Holtby moving ito his slot, but credit to him, he kept plugging away and the last 15 minutes he was great, ironically on the right-hand side!

Huddlestone 6.5 - not bad by any stretch, but never had the chance to really express his talent. Again, did well to hang in.

Bale 6 - almost a sacrificial role in the sense that he went wide and took men with him every time, leaving spaces we should've exploited more.

Holtby 6 - effort, industry, I'm just not convinced he's clicked into the side and it's ways yet.

Lennon 5 - good he gave it a shot, sad it couldn't have been fully fit Azza as their full-backs were total brick!!!!!

Adebayor 8.5 - 4-3-3 and he was loving it. Excellent performance.

Siggy 7.5 - must start at the weekend. Immensely decent today.

Dempsey 6 - got into it and gritted through some stuff, fashioned that fine chance for himself from the cross-field pass only to ruin it with a weak finish.

Overall I remain proud of the chaps!

Lloris 6
Walker 8
Dawson 6
Vertonghen 6
Ekotto 5.5
Parker 5
Huddlestone 6
Bale 5
Holtby 6
Lennon 5
Adebayor 8.5

Siggy 7.5
Dempsey 5

Solid ratings Diego, I would agree with that.

Cheers for the stat on Hudd, thought some of the comments here didn't fit with my impression of the game. He wasn't great, but nowhere near as bad as some were saying and it was a really tough game for our central midfield.

Lloris 7 - Some good keeping but his distribution was poor
Walker 8 - Great game from him, I loved watching the Chelski players bounce off him as he went forward, very strong!
Dawson 6 - Out of position too often although made a couple of good blocks and tackles
Vertonghen 7 - Struggled as he was often covering for Snoop
Assou Ekotto 5 - Average, average, average. Made poor decisions going forward and got caught out too often. Good block though
Parker 5 - Another average performance from Mr Average, didn't notice an abundance of pirouettes though!
Huddlestone 5 - Not a starter!
Lennon 5 - Still not fully fit IMO and was marshalled well by Cole
Bale 6 - Not a player of the season performance but we expect so much!
Holtby 5 - A terrier around the pitch but seemed to pass to a blue shirt more often than not
Adebayor 9 - Thats why we bought him! Great goal and the flick for the second was just sublime, play like this in the next 2 please Ade!

Dempsey 6 - No time
Sigurðsson 8 - Made a difference in the second half for us, good finish and movement for the goal too

Lloris 6
Walker 8
Dawson 6
Vertonghen 6
Ekotto 5.5
Parker 5
Huddlestone 6
Bale 5
Holtby 6
Lennon 5
Adebayor 8.5

Siggy 7.5
Dempsey 5

Bout right for me as well.

1st goal Dawson was miles away from Cahill, didn't follow him at all which allowed Cahill free reign to flick the ball on, followed by Parker's fudge up.

2nd goal Dawson left too much of a gap between himself and Verts, Verts had to go wide as Bae was outnumbered.

Agree on the first goal.

2nd goal was also at least partly down to Parker. It's always going to be difficult for the defenders if runs like that from midfield are allowed to go untracked. I think Parker pushed to far up beyond Holtby attempting to put pressure on Chelsea, but doing so on his own so he got bypassed and he couldn't get back in time to pick up Ramires.

Lloris - 7 - Poor distribution but it's so great to have a goalkeeper who seriously just claims the majority of crosses that come into the box, he has great handling.

Walker - 7.5 - Getting better every game, I have been critical of Walker this season but I imagine it was just the high standards he seemed to set last season.
Dawson - 6 - Not his best, gave away silly fouls, out of position at times, but his heart is unbeatable and he must have a sore head.
Vertonghen - 7 - Was pretty solid, wasn't the best for Ramires' goal but he made some great challenges and last ditch headers.
Ekotto - 5 - He was shocking last night, gave the ball away countless times, tried to be to smart at times and Chelsea caught on, saying that good ball to Ade for our equaliser.

Huddlestone - 6 - Not his best game, if Parker is on the pitch with him though, I'd much rather THEY switched places, Parker should be the one shielding defence not Huddlestone.
Holtby - 7 - Was quite surprised at his sub, his work rate is so good, I'd like to see him deeper but when he's in a midfield three on Hudd/Parker and himself, I suppose he should be the furthest forward.
Parker - 6 - Once again, another game that passes him by. Should have come off late on for Carroll but it just wasn't to be, shouldn't start another game this season.

Lennon - 5 - Quiet game, Certainly not fit, would much rather have had him come on as a late sub, Imagine him coming on late against you instead of Dempsey.
Adebayor - 9 - His best game this season and his best game in well over a year, absolute beast mode entered. Cracking goal, brilliant assist.
Bale - 5 - A poor game by his high standards, Chelsea did well to contain him, maybe that worked in our favour to open up space for the likes of Ade.

--

Sigurdsson - 7 - Came on, worked the ball well, scored a cracking equaliser.
Dempsey - N/A

AVB - 7.5 - Once again, his subs work, I do think he brings them on a little too later than I would like and I do think he should have brought on one of Defoe or Carroll when we went to 2-2, really could have made a difference.

Lloris 6 - not to blame for either of the goals but poor distribution disrupted our momentum

Walker 6 - difficult one, plenty of positive energy and drive hampered by too many mistakes

Dawson 4 - some good moments and great to see his leadership and determination, but this was an absolute stinker by his standards

Verthongen 7 - a couple of minor blips more than offset by so many outstanding interventions plus one or two excellent forward runs which he really should try more often instead of pfaffing around with passes across the back all the time

BAE 5 - sloppy control and distribution meant he was constantly having to chase back to make amends

Parker 6 - looked off the pace on return from injury but still played his part

Lennon 4 - totally out of it, seemed less than match fit for such an intense battle

Huddlestone 5 - left his radar in the dressing room

Holtby 7 - his energy and verve made quite a difference, surprised he was taken off

Bale 5- seems to have well and truly hit the wall

Adebayor 9 - brilliant goal, excellent assist and outstanding forward link-play tonight, which begs the question, where the hell has this particular Adebayor been all season?

Subs

Sigurdsson 8 - well-taken goal and excellent support play all round

Dempsey 6 - couple of decent shots

spot on

Back