• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings - Chelsea (A)

The Bale comments are a little OTT. The guy is obviously is carrying a knock, has run his ass off, gone to the well a dozen times for the team.

He was double/triple teamed, and a bit of an off game, but that's all ...

Staggering read this thread. Parker was beyond abysmal like he has been all season; how he isn't getting absolutely trashed I have no idea, yet THudd, Ekoto and Bale seem to be the biggest attacked. Crazy! This place is like a fucing vultures hang out, one average performance in a season of world class ones and it's all "he can't turn it on in the big games" do you know how fudging stupid and idiotic this sounds!! I find it embarrassing.

Personally, his set pieces were awful, but his general play was good, and he's so creative, how you'd want to lose that I have no idea. And for who?

Oh well. It's all opinions. But some people on here... baffling...

Staggering read this thread. Parker was beyond abysmal like he has been all season; how he isn't getting absolutely trashed I have no idea, yet THudd, Ekoto and Bale seem to be the biggest attacked. Crazy! This place is like a fucing vultures hang out, one average performance in a season of world class ones and it's all "he can't turn it on in the big games" do you know how fudging stupid and idiotic this sounds!! I find it embarrassing.

Personally, his set pieces were awful, but his general play was good, and he's so creative, how you'd want to lose that I have no idea. And for who?

Oh well. It's all opinions. But some people on here... baffling...

Because it was expected. If someone performs as badly as he has than we're not really expecting him to do any better.

Hugo - 6 - ok

Walker - 7 - good performance
Dawson - 6 - some shaky moments
Verts - 7 - solid
BAE - 4 - shocking brick

Holtby - 6 - tried
Hudd - 4 - terrible
Parker - 5 - poor

Bale - 5 - invisible
Ade - 8 - dominating performance
Lennon - 5 - no impact

Sig - 7 - great game
Dempsey - 6 - little time

Disappointed not to see Defoe coming in the last 10-15 mins

Agree with these and generally the comments

If you look at the amount of distance Lennon ran to give Ade a tiny bit more space, I think some of the comments in his direction seem harsh.

I thought this was a very good game from us. We had Dembele out and Lennon was visibly sub-par, but the set up and the subs worked to plan. We didn't win it but this is still Chelsea away, a really good side that's been on form and playing very good football recently (locally and abroad). It felt like a win to me.

Hugo - 7 sharp...but not sure if he could have been better for the goals

Walker - 8 - his best game in 2013. his single constant driving runs up front was the main reason for pinning chelsea back for much of the game when they tried to attack in numbers
Dawson - 7 - strong in the tackles, but has to be more commanding in the box
Verts - 7 - a number of excellent well timed challenges, robbed torres countless times under his nose
BAE - 7 - a few lapses but his constant foraging upfield and linkup play contributed to pinning chelsea back in the last thirty minutes, and led to the equalizer
Holtby - 7 - good energy and link up play and got into good positions, to be let down by lack of understanding, he helped thudd have time to shift his passes
Hudd - 5 - very good "static play" - the one-twos, the long pass (given time), but let down by his total lack of mobility and saw the game literally sweep past him in a swarm of white and blue. faded very badly in the second half, succession of corners and freekick all going awry; Special player no doubt, but best kept as a Plan B IMO
Parker - 7 - one of his better games playing much lower and just hassling and buying Thudd and the team time to regroup and shift numbers upfield. I think he's not the best but contrast to the last game without him, we could not get organized and could not get the ball to stay on the ground - and that was Soton!

Bale - 6 - totally marked out of the game thereby giving ade some space. did some good backtracking, but I felt he could have run around more to confuse the chelsea defence. still he had 3 players going for him at any time

Ade - 8 - MOTM performance and his best in 2013. Textbook hold-up play and tracking back; and you could see his intention when he took the ball in our half looked back and saw he was alone and went for goal against four chelsea defenders in a line - and what a goal it was. Two moments of Genius, the second one being the backheel assist into the path of an advancing Siggy.

Lennon - 5 - Looked unfit and didn't get stuck in, when he did he only added to the crowd and didn't try to stretch himself (for fear of aggravating his injury?). Didn't feel like he got involved much on or off the ball, felt like a waste of a player and it felt like we were missing a man at times.

Sig - 8 - solid link up play, got into good positions in attack and defence, and very very well taken goal. important player for us.
Dempsey - 6 -for what its worth, got stuck in and got into a few good positions.

AVB - 9 - much better lineup this time, but can see him changing the lineup again to make Thudd work in the centre (it still didn't work out but that's another thread). Parker's shielding and deeper position and Holtby's energy was good against a world class Blue's midfield, giving Hudd the time to stroll with the ball. What worked well was getting Ade, BAE and Siggy together together - guys on the same short pass-and-move triangles thinking, as seen by the goal. Chelsea had the much better players and they ooze class, but we were the better team.

Last edited:
Parker - 7 - one of his better games playing much lower and just hassling and buying Thudd and the team time to regroup and shift numbers upfield. I think he's not the best but contrast to the last game without him, we could not get organized and could not get the ball to stay on the ground - and that was Soton!

I can't agree with this. He was good in the tackle etc as you'd expect, but he was directly at fault for the first goal (was he actually trying to mark Oscar at all?) and at least partially at fault for the second. That surely has to drop his rating by at least a point for each goal?

I can't agree with this. He was good in the tackle etc as you'd expect, but he was directly at fault for the first goal (was he actually trying to mark Oscar at all?) and at least partially at fault for the second. That surely has to drop his rating by at least a point for each goal?

Yes agree, perhaps should attribute those goals to Parker's marking; was actually holding the opposite viewpoint of Chelsea's great movement up front. Torres was alone and couldn't do anything alone. But when they got numbers up front - Oscar, Ramirez, Mata all lurking and mobile, while Cole is threatening the wing and Luiz screening and pivoting in midfield must have been a nightmare for the defence. How AVB countered this (pretty much all second half) is to keep Parker much lower, overload the chelsea defence with 4-5 players with both wingbacks in close support, and keeping Parker and Thudd tight together in the center. Quantity to nullify quality. Parker was really good in this role making Thudd look good.

If you look at the amount of distance Lennon ran to give Ade a tiny bit more space, I think some of the comments in his direction seem harsh.

Ah right, because 'pulling players around' is now worthy of praise?

Stange that when Ade was doing this people laughed it off.

Yes agree, perhaps should attribute those goals to Parker's marking; was actually holding the opposite viewpoint of Chelsea's great movement up front. Torres was alone and couldn't do anything alone. But when they got numbers up front - Oscar, Ramirez, Mata all lurking and mobile, while Cole is threatening the wing and Luiz screening and pivoting in midfield must have been a nightmare for the defence. How AVB countered this (pretty much all second half) is to keep Parker much lower, overload the chelsea defence with 4-5 players with both wingbacks in close support, and keeping Parker and Thudd tight together in the center. Quantity to nullify quality. Parker was really good in this role making Thudd look good.

I saw this differently myself. I thought Parker was frequently caught upfield and left Huddlestone rather isolated with the chelsea midgets passing around him easily.

Ah right, because 'pulling players around' is now worthy of praise?

Stange that when Ade was doing this people laughed it off.

Yeah, but Defoe did it at OT and everyone credited him for it because it's not something people usually associate with Defoe.

Ade does it all the time. (The NLD at WHL seems like the biggest match I can remember him doing it in for a goal this season, but he does it often.)

It was nice to hear Ade in his interview afterwards mention how important Lennon was to the goal and to hear that Ade was waiting for Lennon to make that movement, he knew it was coming so I guess all that training breeds familiarity.

If people want to laugh Lennon's contribution off, Ade doesn't score unless Lennon is there, so it's not particularly easy to laugh off.

Yeah, but Defoe did it at OT and everyone credited him for it because it's not something people usually associate with Defoe.

Ade does it all the time. (The NLD at WHL seems like the biggest match I can remember him doing it in for a goal this season, but he does it often.)

It was nice to hear Ade in his interview afterwards mention how important Lennon was to the goal and to hear that Ade was waiting for Lennon to make that movement, he knew it was coming so I guess all that training breeds familiarity.

If people want to laugh Lennon's contribution off, Ade doesn't score unless Lennon is there, so it's not particularly easy to laugh off

It's a team game. It doesn't matter who scores as long as every player is doing their best to help the team to score and not thinking about their own glory.

Didn't the abuse Walker got on Twitter force him to close and then later re-open his account after some re-evaluation?

Lets hope he gets some deserved praise on there after his performance on Wednesday.

For those on Twitter, let him know he had a great game, that's only fair!

Belated ratings. I was at the game (in the Chelsea bit, enjoying a corporate jolly) and I wanted to see the TV recording to determine whether Crabman was as tinkle-poor in the second half when he was on the far side of the pitch as he was in the first half. Happily, he was not, though it is still disturbing how easily he was outmuscled by 11 years old six stone weakling Oscar.

Ade's performance was more impressive when viewed at the ground than it looked on TV.

Parker haters are out, as per usual. Our midfield was out-manoeuvred in the first half, but we finished the match stronger, with Parker putting in some useful overlaps on the right while the poor-man's-Parker was, by that stage, watching from the subs' bench.

Lloris 5.5

Walker 7
Verts 8
Dawson 6
Ekotto 4

Roadrunner 5
Holtby 5
Parker 6
Big Fat Tom 5
Bale 6

Adablinder 9

Siggy 8
Dempsey 6

Ratings may seem a bit stingy given the quality of the opposition and may have been influenced by me sitting in the middle of Chelsea fans who never seemed in any doubt they would comfortably win the match until Siggy's goal. They practically wet their collective pants with Bale's injury time free kick.

Back