• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Raid on Ajax

Well if he goes for image and history then we tinkle all over Moscow if we offer what ajax want

If Alderweireld is on our list of cb targets then I actually think he's quite a bit down that list.

Like Vertonghen last season he only has a year left on his contract and Ajax seem to prefer selling him this summer. Last summer we clearly wanted Vertonghen, went in for him and got the deal done. Now we're closing in on the start of the season with only 3 centre backs and injury problems at the back. If we wanted Alderweireld we could have had him in the squad weeks ago I think.

If Alderweireld is on our list of cb targets then I actually think he's quite a bit down that list.

Like Vertonghen last season he only has a year left on his contract and Ajax seem to prefer selling him this summer. Last summer we clearly wanted Vertonghen, went in for him and got the deal done. Now we're closing in on the start of the season with only 3 centre backs and injury problems at the back. If we wanted Alderweireld we could have had him in the squad weeks ago I think.

But didn't Verts and Dawson only pick up injuries recently?

It's obvious we're not that bothered about him, Spurs fans seem to overrate him in the hope that he's a Vertonghen clone - he's not.

We have to be in for someone you would think. 3 senior CB's is probably 2 light considering our luck with injuries.

@HenrikHindby: Christian Eriksen open to a move to #Tottenham: "It's a good club that's very interesting, but there hasn't been anything concrete." BT.dk

Henrik Hindby ‏@HenrikHindby 21m
Christian Eriksen tells Danish media bt.dk that he's spoken with former Ajax-teammate Vertonghen about Spurs. #THFC #LFC #Ajax #Transfers

Henrik Hindby ‏@HenrikHindby 1h
Christian Eriksen has confirmed that he's turned down several Russian clubs saying that money isnt a factor for him...

I interviewed him a couple of years ago and it was clear that the most important thing for him is to play football...

Thats why he's also turned down Emirates Marketing Project. He wants to move to a club where he can develop. Smart kid. Will have a great career.

Dunno why, but I can't relate to Eriksen. He just comes over as a bit too c*cky.

Last edited:
I'll actually extent my opinion on Alderweireld to Eriksen too. We could have signed him by now I think, we could probably have signed him for a similar fee to what we paid for Chadli.

I'll actually extent my opinion on Alderweireld to Eriksen too. We could have signed him by now I think, we could probably have signed him for a similar fee to what we paid for Chadli.

i think Ajax want 15 mill for him even though he only has a year on his contract

the longer we wait the more likely his fee will drop

Completely off topic but every time I read 'Raid on Ajax' I expect it to refer to a 1960's WW2 movie with Richard Burton and John Mills!

Eriksen was one of the players I wanted most going into the summer. Eriksen, Bernard and Villa for £15m less than we've paid for Paulinho, Chadli and Soldado.

Eriksen was one of the players I wanted most going into the summer. Eriksen, Bernard and Villa for £15m less than we've paid for Paulinho, Chadli and Soldado.

That's a bit of a misrepresentation. It would only be cheaper because Villa was a lot cheaper than Soldado and Villa was the one player out of those that we couldn't get even though we tried.

Back