• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Raid on Ajax

AVB has played Dembele on the right before...was it Liverpool away?

----------lloris
walker--capoue--kaboul--vert
--------paulinho--sandro
--dembele---bale----chadli
-----------soldado

An experimental team, attempting to create the beastliest side in history? :eek:

Why? He won't cut inside and shoot and he hasn't shown the signs of having a decent cross.

What could Dembele do on the wing that Lennon won't?

He'd be wasted out there.

this. I get irritated when people strive to fit players in a line up but in a position the do not excel in

he strikes the ball like a 3 year old.

you play Dembele in a more advanced role and I'd guarantee he'd get a lot more goals in this team than Lennon does. Hell, I bet Townsend scores more.

then play him as an attacking central player

If we want a defensive mid on the right, Lennon is ot the answer. If we want a goal scorer on the right, Lennon is not the answer. If we want an outright winger who has chalk on his boots and whips in accurate crosses, Lennon is no the answer.
If we want someone that finds space and runs off the ball, Lennon is not the answer.

Now what is the question? Best kept as an impact sub IMO, when his pace may be effective against a tiring defence.

Sorry what are you talking about? He's played there very well for Fulham and he only played there once for us (vs Liverpool away)....and he was our best player.

Agreed. I only think he played there that one game for us and like you say he was very good in that game.

If we want a defensive mid on the right, Lennon is ot the answer. If we want a goal scorer on the right, Lennon is not the answer. If we want an outright winger who has chalk on his boots and whips in accurate crosses, Lennon is no the answer.
If we want someone that finds space and runs off the ball, Lennon is not the answer.

Now what is the question? Best kept as an impact sub IMO, when his pace may be effective against a tiring defence.

That's a bit harsh. I've seen Lennon do a lot of tracking back in games to cover his full back. I've also seen him, (which interestingly you don't really see on TV), out on the line in space with his hand up demanding the ball, but not getting it. If we could get the ball to him more quickly when he is in space he would be more effective. I thought his willingness to shoot and his goal threat had improved a bit too.

What he is not so good at is taking on defenders in tight spaces, so not so much use when we are playing a park the bus team.

My memory isn't as good as when I was young, but I remember a game away at Anfield where we had someone missing, perhaps Bale and the manager shifted the whole side around and stuck Dembele on the right.

I was fuming because losing one player should not mean rejigging the whole team. We did not play well and Dembele was far less effective out on the right than he had been in the middle. Perhaps we played something like Parker and Sandro in the middle, and hence lost the ball every time we won it.

Presumably it was the game when Walker gifted them a way back into the game. People remember we were playing well, because we were winning at Anfield - but I think we were pretty poor, it was just that Pool were even worse back then.

As has been said many times - feed Lennon early and he skips past the full back and is in. Feed him slowly and he can't beat 2 men with pace.

My memory isn't as good as when I was young, but I remember a game away at Anfield where we had someone missing, perhaps Bale and the manager shifted the whole side around and stuck Dembele on the right.

I was fuming because losing one player should not mean rejigging the whole team. We did not play well and Dembele was far less effective out on the right than he had been in the middle. Perhaps we played something like Parker and Sandro in the middle, and hence lost the ball every time we won it.

Presumably it was the game when Walker gifted them a way back into the game. People remember we were playing well, because we were winning at Anfield - but I think we were pretty poor, it was just that Pool were even worse back then.

As has been said many times - feed Lennon early and he skips past the full back and is in. Feed him slowly and he can't beat 2 men with pace.

I remember specifically talking to Liverpool fans that were very impressed with Dembele after that game. He had a very solid game.

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php/3948-Ratings-vs-Liverpool The match ratings thread. Most seemed to give him 7s or better, quite a few 8s and people talking about him as one of our best players in the game.

How do you feed Lennon early against teams that park the bus?

Back