• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Raid on Ajax

Currently yes. Sandro would be on the bench. If he comes back as the same player, I would seriously consider playing Dembele out wide.

A Squad game? Thanks for that deep insight. Tit.

Dembele right might actually be quite good.

..................Soldado
Bale............Eriksen..........Dembele
........Sandro.......Paulinho

Eriksens goal today

[video=youtube;YocIM9BUnWM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YocIM9BUnWM[/video]

All the stuff about the long name guy is that he is average. Do we want/need average?

Eriksen seems to have a big ego. Is that a bad thing?

Dembele right might actually be quite good.

..................Soldado
Bale............Eriksen..........Dembele
........Sandro.......Paulinho

Why? He won't cut inside and shoot and he hasn't shown the signs of having a decent cross.

What could Dembele do on the wing that Lennon won't?

He'd be wasted out there.

Why? He won't cut inside and shoot and he hasn't shown the signs of having a decent cross.

He's not on the wing. Just like Sigurdsson wouldn't be on the wing when he plays on the left.

He'd probably be more involved in generall play, Lennon tends to get isolated to often if the team isn't activly seeking him out. Not saying that I want Dembele there though, much rather keep him in the middle.

He'd probably be more involved in generall play, Lennon tends to get isolated to often if the team isn't activly seeking him out. Not saying that I want Dembele there though, much rather keep him in the middle.

Lennon's qualities don't really suit all games and all game conditions.

Dembele's certainly an option out there imo. And signing Paulinho and Capoue if we ever complete that signing opens up the option of using Dembele on the right.

More options is a good thing in my book.

Why would Dembele be more involved if Lennon gets isolated out there? If anything Dembele would be far less likely to be involved as his positioning would be highly suspect.

He's not on the wing. Just like Sigurdsson wouldn't be on the wing when he plays on the left.

Yeah, but Sigurdsson can cut in and shoot. That's an extremely important difference, and something an inside forward needs to do. Dembele isn't productive enough goal/assist wise to play there.

Yeah, but Sigurdsson can cut in and shoot. That's an extremely important difference, and something an inside forward needs to do. Dembele isn't productive enough goal/assist wise to play there.

Dembele would draw the full back out, allowing Walker to get down the line to attack, as well as causing havoc all over the pitch. He did it against Liverpool and was effective. Plus, it'd be Bale, Dembele, Eriksen moving around that would cause havoc anyway as Bale wouldnt stick to the left.

Dembele would draw the full back out, allowing Walker to get down the line to attack, as well as causing havoc all over the pitch. He did it against Liverpool and was effective. Plus, it'd be Bale, Dembele, Eriksen moving around that would cause havoc anyway as Bale wouldnt stick to the left.

Don't see it. Replacing a decent winger with a primarily defensive minded midfielder in an attempt to boost the attack would be baffling to say the least.

He doesn't have the attributes required.

That's not true. Lennon has a good conversion rate, I think, he just doesn't shoot very often.

he strikes the ball like a 3 year old.

you play Dembele in a more advanced role and I'd guarantee he'd get a lot more goals in this team than Lennon does. Hell, I bet Townsend scores more.

I agree to an extent but I do think he's a better finisher than he's given credit for. Plus, he scored a great goal, a few years back against Hull from outside the area, so he can do it. I think some of it is confidence as he's offen in good positions and spurns them by trying to find a pass instead.

This is off track but his control, when he receives the ball, is fantastic too.

Lets not be writing him off too soon as I think he still has a lot that he can contribute. I just hope that he can find top form again.

Back