• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Raid on Ajax

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
Tottenham eye double swoop for Ajax pair Christian Eriksen and Toby Alderweireld

Tottenham have launched an audacious £15million double bid for Ajax stars Christian Eriksen and Toby Alderweireld.

The Spurs move threatens to hijack Liverpool’s interest in the duo. The Reds have been long-time favourites to sign two of Europe’s most gifted young players whose contracts expire next summer.

Both have turned down a string of proposed transfers this summer to wait for the right Premier League club - until now believed to be Liverpool.

But while Liverpool have been distracted by the furore surrounding Luis Suarez, Spurs have made their move.

The White Hart Lane club have already spent £52m on new faces. They want to add Eriksen and Alderweireld before reviewing Gareth Bale’s proposed £85m move to Real Madrid.

Midfielder Eriksen is only 21 but has won 36 Denmark caps. This summer he has rejected offers from Italy, Germany and Russia.

Zenit Saint Petersburg, Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen, AS Roma and AS Monaco offered either Champions League football or extreme wage packets to the player.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has been raising funds by selling fringe players so may hope to scupper Spurs’ move.

“I am prepared to wait. I will only go where my heart wants to go,’’ Eriksen said, explaining that he is keen to go to a club with stature and history in the Premier League.

“I am patiently waiting what will happen in the next few weeks. But I have said before I only want to go to a club where I feel I can play at my best and which suits my style.’’

“I am ready for something new, I am ready for bigger options. But it has to be right.”

Eriksen will cost £8m. Alderweireld, 24, who is also wanted by Everton, will cost £7m. The Belgium international centre-back has already rejected a move to Norwich City.

Marc Overmars, Ajax’s technical director, has confirmed that his club have agreed a deal for the defender with Spartak Moscow. Again, Alderweireld is refusing to sign.

Spurs have made their move in the last few days. A delegation of scouts travelled last weekend to Amsterdam to watch the Belgium player in his club’s first league game of the season. He was voted man of the match.

Alderweireld’s agent, former Denmark international Soren Lerby, is convinced both players will be sensations in the Premier League.

“Christian is one of the best midfielders and one of the biggest talents in Europe,” said Lerby. “I think in before the transfer window closes we will witness a couple of big transfers.’’

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ws-tottenham-eye-2148903#.Uga4tV1xssg.twitter

[-o<

Decent CB and creative playmaker, exactly what we need right now.

Alderweireld will fit in with the Belgians that are already here and will help get Eriksen settled in as well.

Last edited:
Is this what Baldini meant when he said 'there will be more' - quoting off another recent thread.

In before Gutter Boy mentions how Eriksen had a brick few games at Euro 2012 and isn't good enough.

Soldado
Chadli - Eriksen - Bale
Dembele - Sandro
Vertonghen - Alderweireld - Kaboul - Walker
Lloris​

?

Is this what Baldini meant when he said 'there will be more' - quoting off another recent thread.

He didn't mention specifics but it was a chance meeting with him and AVB and I didn't even think to mention Bale

I did however tell him my baby will be called Andre (not to the amusement of my missu)

I don't know about Toby but at least Eriksen can spot a motherfudging pass. He's probably three stone lighter and six inches too short for AVB's liking though.

If someone told you before the transfer window that you could swap Bale for Paulinho, Capoue, Soldado, Chadli, Eriksen and Alderwtf.. Would you have gone for it?

I'd really like Alderweireld, certainly for that price.
Eriksen though, though i'm sure he's a very good player i'm really not sure how he'll fit us. I feel like we don't need Pjanic either- I think our midfield-attack can only be improved at the moment by an upgrade on Lennon who scores goals (like Lamela). Since Dembele, Paulinho or Sandro are not very frequent goalscorers we need a lot of goals between our front 3 (though Bale did everyones share last season). Would settle for an ultra-creative winger like Willian also

I think we'll sign someone who can create from the wing. Not one of the central three. I think, but could be wrong, that our central midfield shopping spree has been concluded (this includes the arrival of Capoue).

Soldado
Chadli - Eriksen - Bale
Dembele - Sandro
Vertonghen - Alderweireld - Kaboul - Walker
Lloris​

?

Gotta feel for Sigurddson!

He looked good yesterday and would thrive in that 'Eriksen' position.

Alderweirereiereiereilderer I can understand but I think we should give Gylfi that middle-of-the-three position.

Gotta feel for Sigurddson!

He looked good yesterday and would thrive in that 'Eriksen' position.

Alderweirereiereiereilderer I can understand but I think we should give Gylfi that middle-of-the-three position.

he was toss yesterday.

he actually looked good when we moved him out to the left in the second half. He'll be competing with Chadli for the left hand side.

Back