• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Quickest way to lose weight?

Ha ha kingdawson you spoon - you are already very light weight

Just go to a gym and do cardio and light weights, lots of reps

You don't need a NASA certified regime or silly 1200 calorie eating plan

You would blow over in a stiff breeze man, that is no way to be going on for a man

You would blow over in a stiff breeze man, that is no way to be going on for a man

Could be too much poor sodium (+ to low potassium) holding excess water on the outside of his cells, rather than fat also. Is he a salt fiend?

Haven't kept up with this thread so not sure what his diet was other than silly low calorie.

I blame Gok Wan. He's been in the ear of the ladies for years telling them that men are foul fat hairy beasts. Then pressures of sexual selection forces us to diet and shave off all bodyhair to meet this new standard.
I say, grow your own coat for winter, and eat kebabs whilst you are doing so.

I had my weight measured, height measured and body fat checked at the gym earlier. Turns out that my body fat is 16.6%, not too bad but I want it to be near 10%.

I think body fat is the true measurement, not weight. As has likely been said, weight is comprised of many factors including muscle, salt which leads to water retention etc and not just fat, so 2 people could be the same weight but very different body types.

a diet of laxatives, ipecac and cigarettes. it'll be shooting out of all orifices. give it a solid week.

a diet of laxatives, ipecac and cigarettes. it'll be shooting out of all orifices. give it a solid week.

Or, just a pinch of epsom salt with meals that require aid to digest, and baths with it copious amounts (1KG) followed by a cold shower...

As the chap whose protocol I try to follow would say 'smile 'tis your choice'.

Or, just a pinch of epsom salt with meals that require aid to digest, and baths with it copious amounts (1KG) followed by a cold shower...

As the chap whose protocol I try to follow would say 'smile 'tis your choice'.

whats the benefit of a cold shower?

Thanks for referring to me as a spoon whatever that means.

whats the benefit of a cold shower?

Heat causes the body to become more Acidic, because of the Nitrogen in the body which is a form of Protein as an isotope, and heat causes this isotope to take the form of an acid.

So if you have a long hot soak it will start drawing the acids out of the body and draw the nitrogen to the skins surface.

Then, if you shower off with a cold shower, the cold shower will convert the nitrogen isotope into the isotope form of Ammonia which is highly Alkaline.

This is an excellent way to raise your body pH and get rid of some excess Acids!!

This is as I believe it to be, but it really requires H2O2 & Sodium (in natural form, a la Pink Himalayan etc) to be most effective.

This topic is mostly about losing weight though, rather than health in general, which was why I said just the magnesium sulphate, which is crucial as an aid to muscle relaxation/flexibility as well.

To add, when I have these baths I also skin brush beforehand (horse hair I think mine is, natural is best IMO), to remove dead skin, stimulate circulation of blood and the lymphatic system, brush costs about £10 and is one of the cheapest longer term aids to wellbeing.

Had some coffee cake@ 6am! Winter is here and making me eat, will inevitably put on weight again. What does one do.

Heat causes the body to become more Acidic, because of the Nitrogen in the body which is a form of Protein as an isotope, and heat causes this isotope to take the form of an acid.

So if you have a long hot soak it will start drawing the acids out of the body and draw the nitrogen to the skins surface.

Then, if you shower off with a cold shower, the cold shower will convert the nitrogen isotope into the isotope form of Ammonia which is highly Alkaline.

:eek:

Do you know what an isotope is? Or a protein? Or Ammonia or an acid? Or what a warm-blooded animal is? Or absolute zero?

Seriously, are you saying that nuclear reactions are involved in acid-base reactions and cold showers influence the process?

Other than hot & cold showers, I have no idea at all what Gifter is going on about.
Well, obviously I know acids, protein etc but what difference it makes for acid or alkali to weight composition?

Other than hot & cold showers, I have no idea at all what Gifter is going on about.
Well, obviously I know acids, protein etc but what difference it makes for acid or alkali to weight composition?

nothing new here when it comes to the majority of his posts really.. :lol:

:eek:

Do you know what an isotope is? Or a protein? Or Ammonia or an acid? Or what a warm-blooded animal is? Or absolute zero?

Seriously, are you saying that nuclear reactions are involved in acid-base reactions and cold showers influence the process?

Instead, why don't you present some understanding of why it doesn't?

Again you choose to jump in on something with a defence essentially of 'I understand these interactions better than you, you can't know this', well, tough sh*t, I do, and you lack credibility in this regard so far IMO (from my experience of you, if you are associated with health care I'd be worried, I'm not but believe I have knowledge which can help people be in better health far better than you have demonstrated any skill to), other than a great knack of appearing superior.

Prove otherwise, present us with an understanding of biological chemistry that confounds me.

Tell us what you know of non-protein nitrogen? Why it may present a big problem, or is there none?

Lactic acid is the product of anaerobic respiration, the burning of stored sugars without sufficient oxygen by cells. Anaerobic respiration is much less efficient than aerobic respiration, for which there is enough oxygen to fully utilize the stored sugar energy. Essentially, anaerobic respiration causes the halving of glucose molecules (C6H12O6) into lactic acid molecules (C3H6O3). The lactic acid builds up in muscles, accounting for the soreness in overworked muscles. This build-up of lactic acid may also lead to cramps. One advantage of anaerobic respiration is that it can take place very quickly and in short bursts, as opposed to aerobic respiration, which is designed for slower and more steady use of muscles. Eventually the build-up of lactic acid is carried away in the bloodstream and the lactic acid is converted to carbon dioxide (CO2) gas and water vapor, both of which are exhaled. If lactic acid levels in the bloodstream rise faster than the body's natural pH buffers—combinations of acids, salts, and bases that maintain a constant pH level—can neutralize them, a state known as lactic acidosis may exist. Lactic acidosis rarely happens in healthy people. It is more likely the result of the body's inability to obtain sufficient oxygen (as in heart attacks or carbon monoxide or cyanide poisoning) or from other diseases such as diabetes.

The ability of the body to metabolize, or break down, lactic acid is decreased significantly by alcohol, which impairs the liver's ability to carry out normal metabolic reactions. Thus, alcoholics often have sore muscles from lactic acid build up that was not caused by exercise. Lactic acid can also lead to a build-up of uric acid crystals in the joints, since lactic acid reduces the elimination of uric acid and related compounds. This build-up can lead to gout, a very painful disease.

Read more: Lactic Acid - Lactic Acid In Human Metabolism - Respiration, Build, Muscles, and Anaerobic - JRank Articles http://science.jrank.org/pages/3781/Lactic-Acid-Lactic-acid-in-human-metabolism.html#ixzz2AVFDOita

What may cause the body to lack Oxygen? Nitrogen? Acid build up as just demonstrated? lack of alkaline minerals (and some acids of course, which are essential to the release of the energy potential of the alkaline minerals) to buffer the acids changing the isotopes? (as again just highlighted above, which also demonstrates why cooling may reciprocate a reversal of this acid prevalence, no?)

Come on JTS break out your knowledge and explain why/how this thinking is wrong? Folks in here who train will know that ammonia smell, it is not 'fringe theory' to them as their noses have smelt it, so they know a reaction related to a certain ammonia isotope happens in certain conditions, even if they don't understand it;

"When your body uses an amino acid for energy, it must convert the amino acid to a useable form of energy.

It does this by stripping the nitrogen atom off of the molecule. The skeleton molecule that is left behind is then further converted into glucose and used as fuel. In order to get rid of the excess nitrogen, your body typically processes the nitrogen in your kidneys and forms urea, CO(NH2)2 - basically, a carbon dioxide molecule bound to nitrogen and hydrogen. Urea is then excreted in the urine. If your kidneys cannot handle the load of nitrogen, then the nitrogen will be excreted as ammonia in your sweat."

Also, the above very crudely demonstrates why, in a resting state, immersion in oxygen rich water with rich amounts of magnesium sulphate and natural sodium would induce the biological processing of acids which if left to accumulate via poor diet choices and prolonged exercise (and poor post exercise care) may begin to suffocate the body of oxygen, which kinda always leads to death!

Lactic / Uric Acid effects - http://www.jbc.org/content/110/1/107.full.pdf

Thanks for prompting an expansion. I've been trying to finish a post on alkaline buffering but keep using bits of it and getting sidetracked, will try to by tomorrow unless Spurs don't win.

Last edited:
Instead, why don't you present some understanding of why it doesn't?

Again you choose to jump in on something with a defence essentially of 'I understand these interactions better than you, you can't know this', well, tough sh*t, I do, and you lack credibility in this regard so far IMO (from my experience of you, if you are associated with health care I'd be worried, I'm not but believe I have knowledge which can help people be in better health far better than you have demonstrated any skill to), other than a great knack of appearing superior.

I asked you if you know what an isotope is, because you wrote this:

Nitrogen is not "a form of protein as an isotope". Nitrogen is an atom. Atoms come as different isotopes depending on the number of neutrons in the nucleus. Nitrogen comes is a few forms, the stable 14-N and 15-N, plus the radioisotope 16-N and possible some other unstable ones. Isotopes can only change in nuclear reactions and play no role in biology.

Many molecules in the body contain nitrogen, nearly all the 14-N isotope, regardless of the molecule, whether small amounts of dissolved nitrogen gas, amino acids, nucleic acids or proteins. One group of these molecules, the amino-acid form polymers known as proteins. Isotopes don't come into it. And heat doesn't cause either proteins or nitrogen gas to become acid. This is complete nonsense.

This is elementary stuff that you learn in school. You spout complete nonsense with no scientific basis and then get defensive when challenged on it. Its not a question of appearing superior or refusing to engage. I did try and engage in my first couple of posts (note my reply to Scara) but all you do is quote irrelevant material cut and pasted form articles.

Prove otherwise, present us with an understanding of biological chemistry that confounds me.

Pretty much any biological chemistry would confound you.

Tell us what you know of non-protein nitrogen? Why it may present a big problem, or is there none?

Lactic acid is the product of anaerobic respiration, the burning of stored sugars without sufficient oxygen by cells. Anaerobic respiration is much less efficient than aerobic respiration, for which there is enough oxygen to fully utilize the stored sugar energy. Essentially, anaerobic respiration causes the halving of glucose molecules (C6H12O6) into lactic acid molecules (C3H6O3). The lactic acid builds up in muscles, accounting for the soreness in overworked muscles. This build-up of lactic acid may also lead to cramps. One advantage of anaerobic respiration is that it can take place very quickly and in short bursts, as opposed to aerobic respiration, which is designed for slower and more steady use of muscles. Eventually the build-up of lactic acid is carried away in the bloodstream and the lactic acid is converted to carbon dioxide (CO2) gas and water vapor, both of which are exhaled. If lactic acid levels in the bloodstream rise faster than the body's natural pH buffers—combinations of acids, salts, and bases that maintain a constant pH level—can neutralize them, a state known as lactic acidosis may exist. Lactic acidosis rarely happens in healthy people. It is more likely the result of the body's inability to obtain sufficient oxygen (as in heart attacks or carbon monoxide or cyanide poisoning) or from other diseases such as diabetes.

The ability of the body to metabolize, or break down, lactic acid is decreased significantly by alcohol, which impairs the liver's ability to carry out normal metabolic reactions. Thus, alcoholics often have sore muscles from lactic acid build up that was not caused by exercise. Lactic acid can also lead to a build-up of uric acid crystals in the joints, since lactic acid reduces the elimination of uric acid and related compounds. This build-up can lead to gout, a very painful disease.

Read more: Lactic Acid - Lactic Acid In Human Metabolism - Respiration, Build, Muscles, and Anaerobic - JRank Articles http://science.jrank.org/pages/3781/Lactic-Acid-Lactic-acid-in-human-metabolism.html#ixzz2AVFDOita

What may cause the body to lack Oxygen? Nitrogen? Acid build up as just demonstrated? lack of alkaline minerals (and some acids of course, which are essential to the release of the energy potential of the alkaline minerals) to buffer the acids changing the isotopes? (as again just highlighted above, which also demonstrates why cooling may reciprocate a reversal of this acid prevalence, no?)

You ask me to tell what I know of non-protein nitrogen. Then you quote some text about lactic acid. Lactic acid does not contain nitrogen so what has it to do with what you are trying to talk about?

Now uric acid does contain nitrogen. It and urea and the main way we excrete nitrogen after protein. But apart from contain the word acid in its name, how does it relate to your theory. You are just finding fragments of text including the word acid and joining them together.

Come on JTS break out your knowledge and explain why/how this thinking is wrong? Folks in here who train will know that ammonia smell, it is not 'fringe theory' to them as their noses have smelt it, so they know a reaction related to a certain ammonia isotope happens in certain conditions, even if they don't understand it;

"When your body uses an amino acid for energy, it must convert the amino acid to a useable form of energy.

It does this by stripping the nitrogen atom off of the molecule. The skeleton molecule that is left behind is then further converted into glucose and used as fuel. In order to get rid of the excess nitrogen, your body typically processes the nitrogen in your kidneys and forms urea, CO(NH2)2 - basically, a carbon dioxide molecule bound to nitrogen and hydrogen. Urea is then excreted in the urine. If your kidneys cannot handle the load of nitrogen, then the nitrogen will be excreted as ammonia in your sweat."

Also, the above very crudely demonstrates why, in a resting state, immersion in oxygen rich water with rich amounts of magnesium sulphate and natural sodium would induce the biological processing of acids which if left to accumulate via poor diet choices and prolonged exercise (and poor post exercise care) may begin to suffocate the body of oxygen, which kinda always leads to death!

Lactic / Uric Acid effects - http://www.jbc.org/content/110/1/107.full.pdf

Thanks for prompting an expansion. I've been trying to finish a post on alkaline buffering but keep using bits of it and getting sidetracked, will try to by tomorrow unless Spurs don't win.

If you are using amino-acids as a source of energy you are in deep trouble. You only start breaking down protein and using the amino-acids for energy during starvation and by that time many things will be going wrong. Most amino-acid catabolism doesn't go through glucose. Most amino-acids get converted in to molecules that can enter the citric acid cycle (not this is not about body acids but the main energy producing metabolic pathway) than feeds the mitochondrial electron transport chain.

The bit about urea has some truth, but it doesn't demonstrate anything about the effects of " immersion in oxygen rich water with rich amounts of magnesium sulphate and natural sodium". There is no logical connection between the bits of text you quote and your conclusions. You jump straight from something on notrogen metabolism to immersion in oxygen rich water and magnesium sulphate. You seem to be confusing buffering with bathing.

You ask me to engage in a discussion at the same time as saying I have no credibility with you. I'm glad I don't, as that would imply I speak the same gibberish. You don't have a theory that can be discussed in an intelligent way because all you do is quote a series of pseudo-scientific ... no, not pseudo-scientific as that more throught out ... mumbo-jumbo is a better term.

If you are serious about a discussion. Lay out your theory and at least make logical connections between the parts. Don't cut and paste irrelevant bits of text just because they mention the same word. But start by looking up the meaning of isotope, because if you think isotopes are involved you are creating a whole new biochemistry.

Back