• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predict The Run In

Re: The Run-in Thread

Arsenal do have several games they are more than capable of dropping points in there actually, Fulham, QPR and Saudi Sportswashing Machine all to play away and United at home - certainly not bankers by any means. . .

Ive said it before - I can see QPR turning them over if they are still with a shout of staying up. We could do with QPR winning tonight so that is more likely to be the case. It will also cause Fulham to be looking over their shoulders given the weekend results and more likely to get something against both Arsenal and Chelsea.

With the game postponed now on the 14th, surely if he is training with the 1st team now, he has to be in with a shout of making the team for the City game

"He has trained the last two days 100 per cent with the team," the Tottenham manager said."He is going to rest on Friday and next week he is going to come back and train again with the team. If he doesn't feel any pain, it can mean he will be match fit in 10 days if it all goes without interruption - 10-15 days. But we have to be careful because it is a very sensitive situation for him."

This was late last week, the telegraph reckon he could be back for the everton game, but the timeframe above makes city more realistic. Given that he hasnt played all season, though, Basel away perhaps?

So we have a 14 day gap between our two league games against Everton & City. During that time Ars have 3 matches. If they win all of them we will be 5 points behind them before we kick off against City.

"He has trained the last two days 100 per cent with the team," the Tottenham manager said."He is going to rest on Friday and next week he is going to come back and train again with the team. If he doesn't feel any pain, it can mean he will be match fit in 10 days if it all goes without interruption - 10-15 days. But we have to be careful because it is a very sensitive situation for him."

This was late last week, the telegraph reckon he could be back for the everton game, but the timeframe above makes city more realistic. Given that he hasnt played all season, though, Basel away perhaps?

Going to be like signing a new CB in April. Fingers crossed he does not have any setbacks. Such a shame we couldnt have had Sandro available too, I would be really confident of a dream finish to our season

Ive said it before - I can see QPR turning them over if they are still with a shout of staying up. We could do with QPR winning tonight so that is more likely to be the case. It will also cause Fulham to be looking over their shoulders given the weekend results and more likely to get something against both Arsenal and Chelsea.

Absolutely spot on.

So we have a 14 day gap between our two league games against Everton & City. During that time Ars have 3 matches. If they win all of them we will be 5 points behind them before we kick off against City.

but the fact that we'll still have Chelsea near us will mean that we shouldn't lose focus or give up hope - it may be about finishing above Arsenal for many of the supporters - in reality it's mainly about qualifying for the CL - if that means being below Arse but above Chelsea then im sure we would take that all day long

Or possibly could only be 1 or 2pts behind with the City and Chelsea games in hand.

We will obviously have that Chelsea game in hand from April 16th onwards until most likley May 8th, but cant bank on getting anything from it, then any points we do get is just a bonus.

That maybe so but that requires them to win 4 games in a row including a tough away trip to WBA and Everton at home who might need the points even more badly than when they play us.

Best to wait and see, if they win all 4 of those games then all you can say is fair play really and get on with your own job.

but the fact that we'll still have Chelsea near us will mean that we shouldn't lose focus or give up hope - it may be about finishing above Arsenal for many of the supporters - in reality it's mainly about qualifying for the CL - if that means being below Arse but above Chelsea then im sure we would take that all day long

I agree. Being a Northern monkey (as some would say), I dont get stick from Arsenal fans like the majority of you guys do, so if its Arsenal 3rd Spurs 4th Chelsea 5th, then so be it.
Still want a Europa League final thrown in as well though

I dont care where they finish to be quite honest. I want us to finish as high as we can and if that means above both or just one of them then I don't care. Its a nice bonus to be top London club but really I would like CL qualification however it comes as well as that Europa League trophy come the end of May.

i got the date wrong for the fa cup final - it clashes with Chelseas game at home to Villa - which would get rescheduled at the first available slot should they get knocked out of Europe. If they reach the EL final then some kind of Saturday/Monday type situation will occur sometime around their games with United and ourselves :eek: fudge

Arsenal do have several games they are more than capable of dropping points in there actually, Fulham, QPR and Saudi Sportswashing Machine all to play away and United at home - certainly not bankers by any means. . .
The brick teams always fold against arsenal though, they are flat track bullies.

Arsenal's remaining games are mostly against brick sides, but they somehow managed to screw up in most of them last. Can't see us having any luck with that this time though.

Everton (H) - won 1-0
West Brom (A) - won 3-2
Norwich (H) - drew 3-3
Fulham (A) - lost 1-2
Man Utd (H) - lost 1-2
QPR (A) - lost 1-2
Wigan (H) - lost 1-2
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A) - drew 0-0

imo Arsescum are faves for 3rd now. great run in and no other distractions.

us and chelscum to fight it out for fourth. AVB gets revenge[-o<

City are not out of sight either. A loss against utd and us would throw the cat amongst the pigeons.

I think cheatski are favourites. Everton also still have a chance - 4 very winnable games plus Merseyside derby and then they play each of us, arse and cheatski.

My spreadsheet though has us finishing on 70 along with the russians, arse on 69 and Everton on 65

City are not out of sight either. A loss against utd and us would throw the cat amongst the pigeons.

They'd have to have a very poor run. 62 points already with 8 games left plus games against Wigan, WEst Ham and Norwich at home plus Reading away. They're safely in 2nd.

More likely that Everton finish in the top 4 than Man C slip from 2nd

I think cheatski are favourites. Everton also still have a chance - 4 very winnable games plus Merseyside derby and then they play each of us, arse and cheatski.

My spreadsheet though has us finishing on 70 along with the russians, arse on 69 and Everton on 65

I'd bite your arm off for that scenario.

One things for sure though. If we thought Swansea was nerve-wrecking on Saturday, wait until the last day v Sunderland..

Changed the weighting of some teams to better reflect their current form.

Emirates Marketing ProjectTottenhamChelseaArsenal
Wigan (H)Fulham (A)Everton (H)
Man Utd (A)Everton (H)Sunderland (H)West Brom (A)
West Brom (H)Chelsea (A)Tottenham (H)Norwich (H)
Tottenham (A)Emirates Marketing Project (H)Liverpool (A)Fulham (A)
West Ham (H)Wigan (A)Swansea (H)Man Utd (H)
Swansea (A)Southampton (H)Man Utd (A)QPR (A)
Reading (A)Stoke (A)Aston Villa (A)Wigan (H)
Norwich (H)Sunderland (H)Everton (H)Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)

I'll weight the teams as follows, expected number of points in brackets (home/away):

Top 1: Man Utd (0/0, anything here is a bonus)

CL contenders: Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool (1/1, 10 points in total)

Mid table: Swansea, West Brom, Stoke, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Fulham, Norwich, West Ham, Southampton (3/1, 32 points in total)

Bottom 5: Sunderland, QPR, Wigan, Reading, Aston Villa (3/3, 30 points in total)

If anyone matched this over the course of a season they would get 72 points. It's mostly intended to rate the different run ins and you never know when teams will start to switch off towards the end of the season.

As it stands:

Emirates Marketing Project 62
Tottenham 57
Chelsea 55
Arsenal 53
Everton 51
Liverpool 48

Haven't listed Liverpool and Everton's matches, but I'll include their estimated totals.

Come end of season:

Emirates Marketing Project 79 (17/24 points won)
Tottenham 69 (13/21 points won)
Chelsea 68 (13/24 points won)
Everton 67 (13/24 points won)
Arsenal 66 (13/24 points won)
Liverpool 61 (13/21 points won)

Assuming the teams fighting relegation put up a fight and get a draw at home:

Emirates Marketing Project 77
Tottenham 67
Chelsea 66
Everton 65
Arsenal 64
Liverpool 59

Using last season's results from the same fixtures:

Emirates Marketing Project 83
Tottenham 70
Chelsea 69
Arsenal 61
Liverpool 60
Everton 58

*all this assuming I've counted correctly when adding up

Key matches:

Tottenham - Everton
Chelsea - Tottenham
Tottenham - Emirates Marketing Project
Arsenal - Everton
Liverpool - Chelsea
Chelsea - Everton
Liverpool - Everton

City and Chelsea still have to go to Old Trafford, while Arsenal have United at home.

Well that didn't happen. The stars are aligning for Arsenal as usual, you can bet your house on QPR being relegated before they play Arsenal.

Back