• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predict The Run In

I said back in December that if anyone was to fall out of the top 4 challenge again it was Chelsea and not Arsenal. I thought Chelsea would flop this season and despite there great start they have been nothing short of disappointing, from Champions League, to Carling Cup, to the league. Fixtures are piling up, tiredness will strike and with the fixture list they have I can see it being a struggle for them.

If Chelsea or City win the cup and also finish in the top 4, is it the cup runners-up or the 6th placed team in the league which get the Europa place? If its the latter, would help Liverpool and Everton be more competitive in their remaining games, and potentially West Brom as well

If Chelsea or City win the cup and also finish in the top 4, is it the cup runners-up or the 6th placed team in the league which get the Europa place? If its the latter, would help Liverpool and Everton be more competitive in their remaining games, and potentially West Brom as well

Cup runners up. It'll be Millwall or Wigan in the Europa. Unless Chelsea drop out the top four.

Chelsea will do well to get through this patch of games with no new injuries.. Not sure if they picked up any in these last couple games although I did see Cole went off injured yesterday? I wonder what sort of side they will put out for Rubin Kazan.

Chelsea will do well to get through this patch of games with no new injuries.. Not sure if they picked up any in these last couple games although I did see Cole went off injured yesterday? I wonder what sort of side they will put out for Rubin Kazan.

Cole apparently out for at least two weeks. Means that Bertrand, who started on Sat and played 70 mins yesterday, is going to be a busy boy in the near term

Cole apparently out for at least two weeks. Means that Bertrand, who started on Sat and played 70 mins yesterday, is going to be a busy boy in the near term

Cole out for at least 2 weeks as has been said, Cahill out for 2-3 weeks as well. A couple more injuries for a short period time for the likes of Oscar/Mata could see them struggle big time.

I can't see Chelsea falling away. They have a very strong bench from an attacking perspective (if you exclude Torres) and irrespective of form have way more match winners than we have. They are playing below par at the moment but could easily win almost all of their remaining matches if they found a bit of consistency.

All I know is we need to remove Everton from the list of variables. We must beat them in my opinion. A draw is not good enough.

I can't see Chelsea falling away. They have a very strong bench from an attacking perspective (if you exclude Torres) and irrespective of form have way more match winners than we have. They are playing below par at the moment but could easily win almost all of their remaining matches if they found a bit of consistency.

All I know is we need to remove Everton from the list of variables. We must beat them in my opinion. A draw is not good enough.

I totally agree. I dont think it would totally rule them out in their mind either, so they would still go to Arsenal with something to play for

I have us down to finish 4th on 70pts. Chelsea third on 71pts and Arsenal 5th on 69pts. But I've probably been overly generic on the scores and I don't think I had any three of us down for another home defeat this season and at least one of the three will lose at least one home game. Probably at least two of us.

Reading, QPR and Villa to go down with Sunderland just avoiding the drop even losing to us last day. Wigan vs Villa on the last day is going to be a massive fixture by the looks of it.

I totally agree. I dont think it would totally rule them out in their mind either, so they would still go to Arsenal with something to play for

Yes that would be a must win for them. I think Felatio and Peanut are back for that match too.

last summer they didnt

Pretty sure they did, but we're not going to get anywhere with it as there are zero fully trusted sources out there. So we may as well end it here. :p

Me? I'd rather sell him abroad. Strengthening our rivals is not something i want to do. You may say it's 15-20m, however if we qualify for champions league by 1-4 points that's as many as we got from United.

Which we would be highly unlikely to do again if we lost and they gained Bale.

I think Bale will stay for another season minimum and maybe longer depending on our CL qualification and progress. If he does leave I can only see one destination for him and that is Real. And if that does transpire then we should be using Bale as leverage to pry one of their other lesser stars away from them as part of the deal.

Whiskey nose can fudge off.

A slightly different angle on the Spurs v Arsenal battle/run-in.

I know Everton at home is officially their game in hand, but I looked at it this way

Both of us have Everton at home, and both have one of the Manchesters at home. Its a good chance we match each others results.
For Wigan away I would say Saudi Sportswashing Machine away could be Arsenals equivalent fixture (Both in the relegation mix)
For Stoke away I would say WBA away could be Arsenals equivalent fixture? (Both look like they could be on holidays now)

We have Sunderland and Southampton at home against Arsenal's Norwich and Wigan, pretty similar.

That leaves us with Chelsea away, while Arsenal have trips to Fulham and QPR and a deficit of 4pts.

That Fulham game really was a killer blow, 3pts we can only get back now by winning at Chelsea, its almost like it is building up to AVB getting his revenge, or could there be another twist in the tale...can Martin Jol or Harry Redknapp help us get CL football now they arent here?

I can understand the anxiety but if we ain't good enough to get ECL then that is the end of the matter.

I think we are good enough.

Must win.

They have been falling away though, over the last 6 games they are in 10th position in the table, with 3 losses against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Southampton, and Emirates Marketing Project.

Their form apart from the first 8-10 games has been very poor and I can't see it improving with their upcoming schedule. They probably have the toughest run in out of us, Arsenal, and themselves, still having to go to Anfield and Old Trafford and playing us at home. Also Fulham and Villa away, and Everton and Swansea at home will be tough games for them. I definitely can't see them getting 15 points in their next 8 games which they would need to reach 70.

Arsenal have an easy run in and will definitely finish in the top 4 imo, so it is Chelsea we must finish above.

Back