• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predict The Run In

Not sure about 'rest' versus 'Arse could be 5 points ahead of us' and what-not, all I know is that right now we are ahead of them, and if we math or better their results for the rest of the season, we will remain above them at the end of the season. Which will put in the top 4.

our best hope is for Benitez to prioritize the Fa cup and Europa League over the Premier League......for Rafa's CV it will be better for Chelsea to win trophies than simply finish in the top 4 and qualify for the CL. Why should he care about the top 4, he will get the sack at the end of the season anyway

you know what to do Rafa ;)

Not sure about 'rest' versus 'Arse could be 5 points ahead of us' and what-not, all I know is that right now we are ahead of them, and if we math or better their results for the rest of the season, we will remain above them at the end of the season. Which will put in the top 4.

I honestly think that if you factor in the game in hand they have, the remaining fixtures we both have respectively, they are effectively ahead of us.

I felt the 7 point lead we had over them was the minimum kind of safety margin we needed to negate these factors. Now that's gone, to get back to a position of clear superiority over them, we need them to have their "Fulham game" against someone, or for us to pull off a win against Chelsea and/or Emirates Marketing Project.

Events are generally moving in their favour I think, tough games they had remaining - Man Utd at home, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and QPR away - suddenly don't look so tough after all. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see them go and win every remaining game.

I genuinely think it's between us and Chelsea as it stands at the moment, and I think events are moving in our favour with them. There's a May 8th Champions League Play Off game between us looming on the horizon.

I honestly think that if you factor in the game in hand they have, the remaining fixtures we both have respectively, they are effectively ahead of us.

I felt the 7 point lead we had over them was the minimum kind of safety margin we needed to negate these factors. Now that's gone, to get back to a position of clear superiority over them, we need them to have their "Fulham game" against someone, or for us to pull off a win against Chelsea and/or Emirates Marketing Project.

Events are generally moving in their favour I think, tough games they had remaining - Man Utd at home, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and QPR away - suddenly don't look so tough after all. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see them go and win every remaining game.

I genuinely think it's between us and Chelsea as it stands at the moment, and I think events are moving in our favour with them. There's a May 8th Champions League Play Off game between us looming on the horizon.

Agree 100%. Chelsea away will probably be the most important match of the season for us.

I find it staggering that people think arsenal have a much easier run in that its now us v Chelsea. I think arsenal have a harder run than us by some distance, so much so that I think we'll pull away from them. I don't think we'll lose another game, 5 wins and 2 draws against Chelsea and stoke. Chelsea have the most difficult run so could easily drop out again,but it woudnt surprise me if they finished above arsenal too. I think the goons will drop pints against west brom,many u, ,chelsea and Fulham.

I'm more thinking "can we catch city...."

I know there's a lot of fish in Grimsby, but that's one you should let go of, and hope for City wins in the faint hope it prolongs the title race long enough for Man Utd to clinch it at the emirates.

I find it staggering that people think arsenal have a much easier run in that its now us v Chelsea. I think arsenal have a harder run than us by some distance, so much so that I think we'll pull away from them. I don't think we'll lose another game, 5 wins and 2 draws against Chelsea and stoke. Chelsea have the most difficult run so could easily drop out again,but it woudnt surprise me if they finished above arsenal too. I think the goons will drop pints against west brom,many u, ,chelsea and Fulham.

Arse dont play chelsea

plus by the time they play Man Utd, Fergie's mob would have already won the title so they will no longer be motivated

West Brom are coasting now, easy 3 pts for Arse there

QPR will be relegated by the time Arse go there, again fcuk all for QPR to play for

Fulham is the only one where i see Arse slipping up.

They are not 'effectively ahead of us'.

Points in the bag are worth more than 'potential' points. For the simple reason that you could lose any game.

Especially as we'd still be ahead of them even if they win their game in hand.

Last edited:

If it gets down to the final 4 games (ignoring the rearranged chelsea game) then I think we have a big advantage over teh goons. The big question is whether we can get enough points from Everton and Man C to stay ahead of Arse or at least no more han a point or so behind. I really dont like the thought of the upcoming Everton game given that its after the Europa game and as Everton are very much in the running for a top 4 spot (they have 4 very winnable games left plus play all their rivals). Only saving grace is that Fellaini and Pienaar are out for next Sunday

Regarding City, they'd have to have a catastrophic finish to the season given the points they've already got...and they've got some very easy games still to come. Everton are much more likely to finish top 4 than City are to finish below 2nd

If Utd have a serious interest in Gareth Bale, Would it suit them to help Arsenal reach the top four at our expense??

Seriously, I've heard of some conspriacy theories but this one is incredinble! Are you suggesting that Fergie and the Utd board will tell their players to go easy at Arse given it might slightly increases their chances of signing someone?!?!? Crazy!

If Utd have a serious interest in Gareth Bale, Would it suit them to help Arsenal reach the top four at our expense??

of course it would. Plus by the time they play Arse they would have already won the title. Worthless game to them anyway

Seriously, I've heard of some conspriacy theories but this one is incredinble! Are you suggesting that Fergie and the Utd board will tell their players to go easy at Arse given it might slightly increases their chances of signing someone?!?!? Crazy!

no but Fergie can always pick a weakened team

If Utd want bale baldly enough, they will beat any bid. One of the highest turn overs in world football and Nike backing them.....

I actually think Chelsea will come into play if Jose is named manager this summer.

No, because if United bid then certain foreign powers would bid and we'll sell abroad well before we sell to United.

not if the foreign clubs offer a lot less than either City or Utd offer. Levy is a money man and he wont give Bale away on the cheap. 60 mill from Utd/City or 40 mill from Real/Barca ?:-k

Im suggesting a weakened team.....

not if the foreign clubs offer a lot less than either City or Utd offer. Levy is a money man and he wont give Bale away on the cheap. 60 mill from Utd/City or 40 mill from Real/Barca ?:-k

Like we wouldn't sell Modric abroad if a domestic club offered more?

:-k

I said it in the other games thread, I seriously think with all the fixture congestion for Spurs/Chelsea as well as Arsenal finding a little form, I really think now that it will go to the last day with all 3 teams needing a win to be sure of a place in the top 4. If thats the case then I think Arsenal and Chelsea have more to worry about and probably Chelsea despite being at home will worry more as they face Everton.

Arsenal will drop points - Man Utd will never take it easy against them and the worst that will happen will be that its a draw. Van Persie will be well up for it too so I have no worries there. Saudi Sportswashing Machine away on the last day will be a tough game for them - Saudi Sportswashing Machine might need a result to be safe and they will also want to go out with a win and put this season behind them. We have to hope that QPR can win their next couple of games to stay in the mix so that when they face Arsenal they have a realisitic chance of staying up.

Throw into the mix that Everton and Liverpool will have a chance imo of being able to sneak 5th if one of the 3 going for the top 4 loses on the last day and they manage to win and it will be a nailbiter.

That could well see it being a problem for Chelsea with them facing an Everton side desperate to secure Europa League football and finish above Liverpool at the same time.

Back